Fins "impressive" 5 game win streak has come against opponents with a combined .282 win percentage

Big Turk

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I mean you can only play who is on your schedule, but I mean come on...has there been an easier 5 game stretch in the NFL this season??

Steelers, Lions, Bears, Browns, Texans.

Could see them losing the next 3 in a row with the 49ers, Chargers and Bills the next 3 up.

Don't tell this to Dolphins fans. They think those 5 teams are all Super Bowl caliber

I didn’t read through this thread but I watched a bit of the Fish vs. the Texans yesterday.  Tua threw several — not one or two — balls that could easily have been picked.  He has an insane WR corps in Hill and Waddle that help to disguise his mediocre arm.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I didn’t read through this thread but I watched a bit of the Fish vs. the Texans yesterday.  Tua threw several — not one or two — balls that could easily have been picked.  He has an insane WR corps in Hill and Waddle that help to disguise his mediocre arm.

He has done that pretty much in every game I have watched, which has been at least 5 of them this year.  He makes some nice plays but often the big plays are to wide open guys who have to wait for the ball to come down, or have to bail him out with a nice catch(for as short as he is, Hill is one of the best 50/50 ball players in the NFL). He still has way too many "meh" plays and throws for my liking.

6 minutes ago, eball said:

This is the story every single game I've watched. He's average at best. Insanely overrated player that will get exposed. But let them have their fun.

1 minute ago, Process said:

This is the story every single game I've watched. He's average at best. Insanely overrated player that will get exposed. But let them have their fun.

But even with him being average at best, the speed of that offense presents a problem. And McDaniel has designed an offense to get the ball out quick and go for yards after catch. All Tua has to do is what is asked within the offensive scheme. Having elite speed on the outside does make even the average quarterback look great. Are they unstoppable with Tua not at all, but they still are a problem with that talent on the outside. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillzFreak said:

But even with him being average at best, the speed of that offense presents a problem. And McDaniel has designed an offense to get the ball out quick and go for yards after catch. All Tua has to do is what is asked within the offensive scheme. Having elite speed on the outside does make even the average quarterback look great. Are they unstoppable with Tua not at all, but they still are a problem with that talent on the outside. 

No doubt. They are stacked on offense and we'll coached. But they will always be a long shot to win the Superbowl with Tua. 

The difference between them and the 49ers, who also have a very average QB, is that the 49ers are stacked on offense and also have arguably the best defense in the league. Dolphins D stinks. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

I'm looking forward to watching Tua throw at Rich/Highmark stadium in December.

It will be the one home game we get the last warm weather fluke 60 degree day with light breeze day of the year.

4 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Yeah. I'll admit the Dolphins do look dangerous. I hate myself for saying it but I'm very impressed with Tua. I really thought he'd Conti new to suck but that coach has done a great job of playing to their strengths. I hope the naysayers are right and they come crashing down to earth against better teams

Tua is doing an excellent job but he has probably the easiest QB job in the league.  I watched a highlight of a bunch of his throws from Texans game.  Over the middle wide open, over the middle wide open, over the middle wide open, between the numbers wide open, over the middle wide open. 5 yard pass 15 yard after the catch.  The guy couldnt have it any easier unless they let him walked up an hand the ball to the player.

They're good. I wish that wasn't the case, but they have the greatest play making WR in the game, opposite him, a WR that is turning into a Top 10 player, if not already, at his position. Then a QB who plays within the system and does so effectively. With a coach who has the right system for his players. Then bring in a defense that is not a liability and can even make some plays. It doesn't really matter who they played the last 5. They're good, when healthy, we are better. Hopefully we can get healthy soon.  

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I mean you can only play who is on your schedule, but I mean come on...has there been an easier 5 game stretch in the NFL this season??

Steelers, Lions, Bears, Browns, Texans.

Could see them losing the next 3 in a row with the 49ers, Chargers and Bills the next 3 up.

Do they still play Fins by Jimmy Buffet when they score? 

26 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

But yet they are 8-3 again and by all rights according to DVOA have underperformed and should be 10-1.

Well they were the SB favorite for a reason.    Arguably the best QB and deepest roster in the league.

The people who complain that expecting more than 8-3 (.727 win %) thru 11 was unfair........they are apparently unaware that you need to expect more to get home field.

Last year was literally the first time since 2002 that an AFC team earned the #1 seed with a sub .750 win %.    

And it's not the expanded schedule.   The NFC #1 and #2 both had 13 wins last year and the #1 will probably have 14-15 this time around.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Honestly wouldn’t shock me if the beat the Niners… Jimmy G doesn’t impress me.

And when this does happen fans here will just say it's because of that reason or because McDaniel had an advantage because he knows their players, schemes, etc coming to Miami from SF.

I honestly think the Dolphins are going to win this game quite easily just like the Chiefs did there earlier this year when they poured on the offense and couldn't be stopped. And anytime you force the 49ers to play from behind they simply aren't built for that.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

A lot of people/media are high on the niners… They are stacked defensively and at the skills position but I just can’t get behind Jimmy G…. Not sure about easily, I expect a good game, but I am leaning towards Miami winning. 

They are a decent team with some serious talent, but one that is built to play with a lead or grind it out late which has been their MO under Shanahan especially during their playoff runs the last few years.

The problem they are going to continue to have is when other good teams jump on them they simply aren't built to play from behind and I think that's what the Dolphins will try to replicate in terms of what the Chiefs did earlier this year and see no reason why they won't be successful given how well that offense is playing of late.

There is just no slowing down the Fins fan express around here, or the fair-weather Bills fan parade that this board has become.  Both the Fins and the Jets are about to come crashing back to earth, and all the breathless teenage girls around here gushing over their magnificense and bemoaning the Bills lack of winning in apparently the right way recently will be jumping back on the bandwagon soon enough.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

They're good. I wish that wasn't the case, but they have the greatest play making WR in the game, opposite him, a WR that is turning into a Top 10 player, if not already, at his position. Then a QB who plays within the system and does so effectively. With a coach who has the right system for his players. Then bring in a defense that is not a liability and can even make some plays. It doesn't really matter who they played the last 5. They're good, when healthy, we are better. Hopefully we can get healthy soon.  

Their defense is TRAAAAASH 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.