Fins "impressive" 5 game win streak has come against opponents with a combined .282 win percentage

Big Turk

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

If they were barely squeaking by like the Bills have in recent weeks it would be easy to dismiss these wins and consider them a possibly fraud. But they are dominating teams on both sides of the ball including the same Browns we barely hung on to beat a few weeks ago.

Also Tua is ranked #1 in just about every major QB category right now and their defense is quietly improving as the season goes on despite their own rash of key injuries early on.

I don't see them losing the next 3 in a row but agree it's a far tougher stretch than what they've faced in recent weeks and will either validate them as an elite team/SB contender which I believe they are, or another WC type of team.

Dominating you say?

Steelers 10 - Dolphins 16

Lions 27 - Dolphins 31 (down 27-17 at the half)

Bears 32 - Dolphins 35 (Bears had 32 with 11:38 left in the 4th quarter so not garbage time)

Browns 17 - Dolphins 39

Texans 15 - Dolphins 30

So cool they dominated the Browns and Texans. 

Recency bias at its best.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

Dominating you say?

Steelers 10 - Dolphins 16

Lions 27 - Dolphins 31 (down 27-17 at the half)

Bears 32 - Dolphins 35 (Bears had 32 with 11:38 left in the 4th quarter so not garbage time)

Browns 17 - Dolphins 39

Texans 15 - Dolphins 30

So cool they dominated the Browns and Texans. 

Recency bias at its best.

That leaves out the W’s against Balt. and the Bills both of which they had to rely on magic or the smiling of football gods.. far cry from dominating as you point out. 

This next 3 games will show the real mettle of several teams.

I’m still not a Tua believer. Even this week a lot of his big throws down the field were underthrown with the WR making a great play. Try that in the wind, or against a team with a great secondary.

Not to mention he is fragile. I’ll eat crow if the Dolphins get more than 1 playoff win. I really don’t see it (I doubt they win 1).

Just now, DapperCam said:

I’m still not a Tua believer. Even this week a lot of his big throws down the field were underthrown with the WR making a great play. Try that in the wind, or against a team with a great secondary.

Not to mention he is fragile. I’ll eat crow if the Dolphins get more than 1 playoff win. I really don’t see it (I doubt they win 1).

This morning a post came across my facebook feed of one hit on him against the Texans where he got bent over backwards like he was going for the world limbo record or something 

52 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

You don't post the type of numbers he is by accident, and still think a lot of people were foolish to write him off the last few years because he still posted decent numbers despite playing a coaching staff that wanted nothing to do with him and not near the level of talent he has now.

Add to the fact that Tua is on pace to surpass JA17's breakout 3rd season and he's as real as it gets unfortunately. The main difference is he is never going to be a guy that can do what JA17 and few others can do with his legs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3

3 hours ago, teef said:

i get it, but you certainly can't fault winning the games you're supposed to win on your schedule. this december will be a very interesting month for the afc east.

Bills fans complaining about an opponent having an easy schedule is quite laughable given the quality of opponents the Bills have had to face going back to 2017.

They rode some pretty favorable schedules to success.

This year the Bills have FINALLY faced some adverse scheduling.

The media hasn't quite gotten around to talking about it just yet, but not only have the Bills played a lot of good teams......an ACTUAL first place schedule for once.......but barring anymore snowpocalypses they will finish the regular season playing on the road 10 times and at home only 7.  

I think the difficult schedule has taken a bit of a toll on the players psyche...........the career Bills on the team really aren't used to having to play 60 minutes of focused football every week.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, teef said:

i get it, but you certainly can't fault winning the games you're supposed to win on your schedule. this december will be a very interesting month for the afc east.

Apparently you’ve never been on this board after a Bills win-I have read far too many people faulting the Bills for a win 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I swear the Bills could beat a team like, say, Pittsburgh by a ridiculous score of 38-3 and some people would still find more negatives than positives. Oh wait….

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Bills fans complaining about an opponent having an easy schedule is quite laughable given the quality of opponents the Bills have had to face going back to 2017.

The media hasn't quite gotten around to talking about it just yet, but not only have the Bills played a lot of good teams......an ACTUAL first place schedule for once.......but barring anymore snowpocalypses they will finish the regular season playing on the road 10 times and at home only 7.  

I think the difficult schedule has taken a bit of a toll on the players psyche...........the career Bills on the team really aren't used to having to play 60 minutes of focused football every week.

But yet they are 8-3 again and by all rights according to DVOA have underperformed and should be 10-1.

Edited by Big Turk

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

agreed. I am not apologizing if I am the dolphins. They are coming out and taking care of business against these lesser teams. 

Also, the Lions and Bears (with Fields) are better teams than their records reflect. 

Bears hung 30+ on that fish defense. It's AWFUL

22 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I've only been pounding on the excess road games for weeks now. 8/12 to open the season.

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

I still don't believe in Tua. There's a reason he was nicknamed Tua 'Turndabollova'

The Texans dropped three int's yesterday. Balls that were thrown right to them. I think it was AJ Feely who said that he thinks the only way Miami can win in the playoffs is if they get to play at home.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.