Fins "impressive" 5 game win streak has come against opponents with a combined .282 win percentage

Big Turk

46 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean you can only play who is on your schedule, but I mean come on...has there been an easier 5 game stretch in the NFL this season??

Steelers, Lions, Bears, Browns, Texans.

Could see them losing the next 3 in a row with the 49ers, Chargers and Bills the next 3 up.

The Lions took them to the mat like they did to the Bills, so I'll call that one not an easy win.  They had to play ball to beat them so they're not a poser in my opinion

2 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

2021- New England becomes overconfident after beating a banged up Josh Allen in extreme weather conditions to take the division lead, goes on to get stomped in the second game to give us the division back, gets obliterated in Wild Card.

2022- Miami becomes overconfident after beating a banged up Josh Allen in extreme weather conditions to take the division lead...

Yeah, but last year's New England team was clearly below average from a talent standpoint, and everybody kind of knew it.  They managed to eke out a win in a bizarre weather game, and then we blew them out twice, by scores that accurately represented the difference in talent.

As much as we'd like to believe otherwise, 2022 Miami isn't like that.  They've got very good players on both sides of the ball, especially on offense.  Our QB is better, but Miami has a better group of receivers than we do, and Tua has proven that he's good enough to take advantage of the weapons that he's been provided with.  Last year's Patriots were frauds.  This year's Jets are frauds.  This year's Dolphins are not frauds and are perfectly capable of beating Buffalo in Buffalo if we let up.

• Like (+1) 3

I got into this argument last weekend with my cousin, who is a crazy delusional lifelong Dolphins fan:

He stubbornly clung to Tua's statistics vs Josh's for this year and basically said that Tua was the better QB and the Bills would never win with Josh (because he throws too many INT's)

I still can't get past Tua not passing the "eye test" for me. 

Yes, he's accurate

Yes, he throws a nice catchable ball

But he still seems fragile and not meant for the long haul.

He slides to avoid hits or runs out of bounds

He doesn't fire up his teammates or inspire a lot of leadership

This is the first year he's had any sustained success, and that's with missing multiple games or parts of games due to injury

Regression and injuries are going to hit this team hard

I'll wait to anoint Tua and the Dolphins until they can prove it in the playoffs

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, teef said:

i get it, but you certainly can't fault winning the games you're supposed to win on your schedule. this december will be a very interesting month for the afc east.

Yeah. I'll admit the Dolphins do look dangerous. I hate myself for saying it but I'm very impressed with Tua. I really thought he'd Conti new to suck but that coach has done a great job of playing to their strengths. I hope the naysayers are right and they come crashing down to earth against better teams

I am impressed with what Miami has done.  No win in the NFL is easy.  The Bills barely beat Detroit and stuggled at times (beginning and end of the game) against Cleveland.  The Bills lost to the Jets.  And all the weather and injuries aside, the Dolphins beat the Bills in Miami earlier this season.  I think that if the Bills get a couple more of their injured players back, they will surpass the Dolphins in record and will beat them in December in Buffalo, but that doesn't take anything away from what the Dolphins have done so far.   And I despise the Dolphins.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean you can only play who is on your schedule, but I mean come on...has there been an easier 5 game stretch in the NFL this season??

Could see them losing the next 3 in a row with the 49ers, Chargers and Bills the next 3 up.

Lions played well against us.

Browns beat the Tampa Bay Br*dys.

Bears beat 49ers; Pat(hetic)s as well.

Teams have good weeks and bad weeks.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If they were barely squeaking by like the Bills have in recent weeks it would be easy to dismiss these wins and consider them a possibly fraud. But they are dominating teams on both sides of the ball including the same Browns we barely hung on to beat a few weeks ago.

Also Tua is ranked #1 in just about every major QB category right now and their defense is quietly improving as the season goes on despite their own rash of key injuries early on.

I don't see them losing the next 3 in a row but agree it's a far tougher stretch than what they've faced in recent weeks and will either validate them as an elite team/SB contender which I believe they are, or another WC type of team.

They will lose to the 49ers and the Bill. Wouldn't shock me if they beat the Chargers. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

They will now have to pay the piper for their cake schedule thus far.  Three road game in a row, two on West Coast and the third in Buffalo.  And then they still have NE on road.  l'll be shocked if they get more than 11 wins, and if they do then I will give them props.  Past performance, however, is not indicative of future results.

Edited by Casey D
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Yeah. I'll admit the Dolphins do look dangerous. I hate myself for saying it but I'm very impressed with Tua. I really thought he'd Conti new to suck but that coach has done a great job of playing to their strengths. I hope the naysayers are right and they come crashing down to earth against better teams

he's come much farther than i expected, and i agree that they're well coached.  maybe one or two funky losses, and things will come unraveled a bit.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Go look at the patsies the Bills played last year and they lost to the Jags. A win is a win.

The Bills played and beat three of those teams too. Not sure what you are trying to say?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.