Fins "impressive" 5 game win streak has come against opponents with a combined .282 win percentage

Big Turk

I mean you can only play who is on your schedule, but I mean come on...has there been an easier 5 game stretch in the NFL this season??

Steelers, Lions, Bears, Browns, Texans.

Could see them losing the next 3 in a row with the 49ers, Chargers and Bills the next 3 up.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 13
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, teef said:

i get it, but you certainly can't fault winning the games you're supposed to win on your schedule. this december will be a very interesting month for the afc east.

Yeah, especially with the Ravens last second loss to the Jags yesterday thanks to our old friend Zay Jones

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean you can only play who is on your schedule, but I mean come on...has there been an easier 5 game stretch in the NFL this season??

Steelers, Lions, Bears, Browns, Texans.

Could see them losing the next 3 in a row with the 49ers, Chargers and Bills the next 3 up.

If they were barely squeaking by like the Bills have in recent weeks it would be easy to dismiss these wins and consider them a possibly fraud. But they are dominating teams on both sides of the ball including the same Browns we barely hung on to beat a few weeks ago.

Also Tua is ranked #1 in just about every major QB category right now and their defense is quietly improving as the season goes on despite their own rash of key injuries early on.

I don't see them losing the next 3 in a row but agree it's a far tougher stretch than what they've faced in recent weeks and will either validate them as an elite team/SB contender which I believe they are, or another WC type of team.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 4

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If they were barely squeaking by like the Bills have in recent weeks it would be easy to dismiss these wins and consider them a possibly fraud. But they are dominating teams on both sides of the ball including the same Browns we barely hung on to beat a few weeks ago.

Also Tua is ranked #1 in just about every major QB category right now and their defense is quietly improving as the season goes on despite their own rash of key injuries early on.

I don't see them losing the next 3 in a row but agree it's a far tougher stretch than what they've faced in recent weeks and will either validate them as an elite team/SB contender which I believe they are, or another WC type of team.

Kind of amazing the Bills are still leading the NFL in Net Point Differential huh?  Since all these other teams are "dominating" their opponents and all and the Bills are just "squeaking by"...you'd think they would have went flying past us...Dolphins are actually the WORST team in the AFC East in that stat.

image.thumb.png.4b321262072a27d92cc21de34fc8ffa8.png

The first 3 of the 5 games were all 1 score games and they were losing by 2 scores heading into the 4th quarter to Detroit.

Wonder how they would have looked if they had to deal with what the Bills did that week regarding the Browns.  That stuff matters a lot...way more than people actually believe.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mark Vader said:

The Dolphins are playing a lot better, and they are beating teams they should beat.

If the media wants to gush over the Dolphins, let them.

I still think the Bills are going to come out on top of the division. The Bills will take care of business.

agreed. I am not apologizing if I am the dolphins. They are coming out and taking care of business against these lesser teams. 

Also, the Lions and Bears (with Fields) are better teams than their records reflect. 

• Like (+1) 3

At the end of it all, the team with the most wins, takes the division and they have a win over us, love it or hate it, they are what their record says.   I think they are a pretty darn good team overall.  The biggest thing they need is Tua healthy, that’s going to be the hard part for them.  The kid is talented, even if not physically as gifted as you might like.  They surrounded him with a lot of weapons.  If Allen was on that team, I think they’d be the SB favorites by a long shot and likely undefeated. 

1 minute ago, Airseven said:

So what. And the Bills defensive stats last year were compiled against backup QBs. Dolphins are in first place, beat the Bills, and that’s what matters.

Say it louder for those in the back, the #1 defense got all its stats against back ups and rookies, got shredded by every actual starter they played.  It was a farce at best.  Good D? Yes.  #1? Absolute joke.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Airseven said:

So what. And the Bills defensive stats last year were compiled against backup QBs. Dolphins are in first place, beat the Bills, and that’s what matters.

The Bills beat the Bills.  Let's be real. Same story in all 3 losses.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Not to mention their point differential was like 11 points through 10 games. Far from impressive especially against the competition they've faced. But a win is a win and it could possibly be a blessing in disguise for them. We didn't care what others said when we were beating up on bad teams last year and they aren't either. They are brimming with confidence right now with SB dreams. It could catapult them to the next level or crash back to earth these next 3 games on the road.

We will see if the Dolphins are for real soon enough.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This is the run where we overtake the division again....just like last year with the Pats.

2021- New England becomes overconfident after beating a banged up Josh Allen in extreme weather conditions to take the division lead, goes on to get stomped in the second game to give us the division back, gets obliterated in Wild Card.

2022- Miami becomes overconfident after beating a banged up Josh Allen in extreme weather conditions to take the division lead...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.