It's go Bills AND go Bengals week

BillsFan619

The Bengals actually snuck into the 3rd seed with a win over KC at home last year and then manipulated the Bills into that unfortunate pairing with KC by tanking their finale.

And here they come again.

I am not really inclined to root for things to align for them again.   

Whatever happens in that game this Sunday.......hopefully it ends up a favorable result for the Bills at the end of the season.

I want the Bills to get the #1 seed but I'd also rather have home games in the first 2 rounds and only THEN have to travel for the AFCCG than be on the road in the divisional........which is entirely possible if Cinci gets hot and beats the Bills at home to finish ahead of the Bills in the seeding.

• Like (+1) 1

It's that simple.  Rough games aside we are still in great position.  

1. 8-3.  
2. 3 losses by combined 8 points
3. Lead nfl in point dif
4.   This in spite of being crushed by injuries on D...playing a very tough schedule...and having 8 Redzone turnovers and 10 redzone drives that had 0 points. 

Get healthy,  stop TOs....

• Agree 1

It all sounds great in theory but I have a hard time seeing this team win out, which would be an 8 game winning streak overall and match the best of McD/JA17 tenure which they did the same thing to end the 2020 season (6 games + 2 playoff games) before losing in KC in the AFCCG. Problem is the final 6 games are much more difficult this year vs. 2020.

Speaking of controlling own destiny, should the Bengals beat the Chiefs this week then all of a sudden they are the team in control of their own destiny for the #1 seed (would need another Chiefs loss in addition), or #2 seed at worse since they already own head to head wins over the Titans and Dolphins, and still get the Ravens and Bills at home. And based on the way they are playing right now after an 0-2 start they are quietly making their case and are still the defending conference champions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The AFC goes through KC this year.

We will see about that. They have to go to Cincinnati. That will not be easy at all. Miami has 3 straight road games coming up with at SF, at LAC, at BUF. I love the fact that we get them after they have played two straight road games. Hopefully the Bengals win this week, the Dolphins start to slip, and most importantly the Bills take care of their business.

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Sadly at this point agree 100% and it's still pretty absurd that this is the reality in the AFC for 5th straight year now despite how many teams have emerged this year, but when your starting QB and team is 26-0 in the months of Nov and Dec the last 5 years that's to be expected.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

But what happens if a big snow storm hits  Buffalo in the middle of the night, no flights in or out for 3 weeks. The stadium is buried,  shovelers are stranded .

Then what, 3 forfeited games.

Could happen ....

No problem. The Bills can just cross-country ski to Detroit. We have more success in that stadium then the Lions do anyway.

BqLcSALwVhH1CNOjVBqr8=

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's truly absurd that despite all the pre-season pundits saying the AFC West was going to be the toughest division in the NFL, it is one of the worst with only KC having a positive net point differential and they also get one of the easiest schedules in the NFL based on their other opponents.

Bills have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL and play in the only division where all 4 teams have a positive net point differential, and ironically the team leading the division currently, the Dolphins, have the worst of the bunch at +26, which means that we play in the toughest division in football now.

In fact it's the only division with more than 2 teams with a positive net point differential...NFC South has NO teams with a positive differential and the NFC North only has the Vikings with a positive differential, which is an absurdly low 5 points for a team that is 9-2.

Edited by Big Turk

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bengals actually snuck into the 3rd seed with a win over KC at home last year and then manipulated the Bills into that unfortunate pairing with KC by tanking their finale.

Whatever happens in that game this Sunday.......hopefully it ends up a favorable result for the Bills at the end of the season.

I want the Bills to get the #1 seed but I'd also rather have home games in the first 2 rounds and only THEN have to travel for the AFCCG than be on the road in the divisional........which is entirely possible if Cinci gets hot and beats the Bills at home to finish ahead of the Bills in the seeding.

I always think about this. I definitely think they tanked their 3rd seed in week 18 on purpose to stay far away from the Chiefs at #2 and #4 seed. It turned out it was inevitable they that had to beat them but after we gave the Chiefs an emotional roller coaster one week earlier.

If they don't tank against the Browns:

AFC Playoff seeding

1) Tennessee Titans (12-5)
2) Kansas City Chiefs (12-5)

3) Cincinnati Bengals (11-6)
4) Buffalo Bills (11-6))
5) Las Vegas Raiders (10-7)
6) New England Patriots (10-7)
7) Pittsburgh Steelers (9-7-1)

Wild Card

Steelers at Chiefs

Patriots at Bengals

Raiders at Bills

Presumable Divisional

Bills at Tennessee

Bengals at Chiefs

Now here we are again. If we don't get #1 seed, I want #2 seed for sure. Let us take the Chiefs on in the AFCCG and hope other teams either get lucky or wear them down. 

The silver lining is we got the glorious beatdown of the Pats though 😂

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

It all sounds great in theory but I have a hard time seeing this team win out, which would be an 8 game winning streak overall and match the best of McD/JA17 tenure which they did the same thing to end the 2020 season (6 games + 2 playoff games) before losing in KC in the AFCCG. Problem is the final 6 games are much more difficult this year vs. 2020.

Speaking of controlling own destiny, should the Bengals beat the Chiefs this week then all of a sudden they are the team in control of their own destiny for the #1 seed (would need another Chiefs loss in addition), or #2 seed at worse since they already own head to head wins over the Titans and Dolphins, and still get the Ravens and Bills at home. And based on the way they are playing right now after an 0-2 start they are quietly making their case and are still the defending conference champions.

You can say either the Bengals or Bills control their own destiny should the Bengals beat the Chiefs. It is odd that you'd mention that they could control theirs but that the Bills doing the same is "unlikely". Some of these Bengals wins have been quite close which would be a negative for them if it were Bills wins. I mean in one post you lambasted the Bills for "barely" beating the Browns which the Dolphins defeated handily, but the Bengals could "control their own destiny" despite getting routed by the Browns on Halloween...but you just have a hard time seeing the Bills win out because...

Edited by What a Tuel

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

About the seeding in the playoffs last year, and the supposed tanking in the final regular season game:  By finishing the regular season with a loss to Cleveland, the Bengals finished 10-7 (4th seed), while the Bills finished 11-6 (3rd seed).  This put the Bills against the 6th seed, New England, and the Bengals against the 5th seed, the Raiders (boy you can go bad quickly in this league).  When both the Bills and Bengals won, we had to go to KC for the next round while the Bengals went to Tennessee.  Was that the best thing for the Bengals, and the worst thing for us?  We had beaten KC in KC last year during the regular season, but we had lost to Tennessee in Tennessee.  Why was this necessarily a bad thing for us?  This was not, on paper, a shrewd move on their part.  Maybe they thought they lined up better against the Titans, who knows, and then they figured they'd have to beat KC which seemed doable since they'd beaten KC in the next to last regular season game.  But if we had beaten KC, the AFCCG would have been in Buffalo.  I would have thought the Bengals would have preferred to play New England and then KC, and then hopefully hosted the AFCCG against us, assuming we'd beat the Raiders in Buffalo and then pull out the upset of the Titans in Tennessee.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.