It's go Bills AND go Bengals week

BillsFan619

Bills at Pats - Let's go, Buffalo! Time to take the division back starting with taking down the P-Men!

Chiefs at Bengals - Go Bengals! Get the Chiefs their 3rd loss.

We all remember what happened last time we needed the Bengals help. I can't believe it's already been close to five years. The year we started our turnaround. The year before the draft of our franchise QB (just saw on a twitter feed from that day that someone suggested we sign Andy Dalton 🤣). It's the day that the world started to (re)notice the Bills Mafia. The day that the Bills made the playoffs after a 17 year drought and Bills Mafia found out that football miracles still happen.

Still one of the best moments of my fandom and I've been a fan since 1988. I'll just leave these here. Go Bills (and for this week, go Bengals)!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

The Bengals always seem to help the Bills: they beat the Dolphins earlier in the year and the Titans today 

Not to mention the fact that they beat the Ravens to get the Bills into the playoffs breaking the long playoff drought!

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Special K said:

Not to mention the fact that they beat the Ravens to get the Bills into the playoffs breaking the long playoff drought!

Yep.

But in a what have you do for me lately world they still seem to always help the Bills.  Oh yeah they beat the Jets as well this year too 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LV Bills fan said:

Bills and Bengals both win this week and Bills control their own destiny for 1 seed. I think this is the Chiefs last best chance for a loss on their schedule. 

Looking at their schedule, I understand your point (and agree) but there's always that odd loss.  I mean, who picked the Colts to beat the Chiefs? 

Bills fans are very interested in getting the one seed vs the Chiefs getting it and for good reason.  However, there are a bunch of other factors.  Number one is that the Bills are in a dog fight for the division.  They are 0-2 now, they really cannot afford to drop another division game.  Anyway, lets assume the Bills and Chiefs win out, in that scenario, the Bills would be the 2 seed, Chiefs the 1 seed.   In that scenario in order for them to play it would be in the championship game in KC but KC would have two win and the Bills would have to win 2 games for that to happen.  It is possible, another team could upset KC in the divisional round.   Even if it ends up being Bills at Chiefs, do we really think the Bills cannot win?  They have won two of the last three in KC and if the Bills staff did not choke, it would be three in a row and the narrative would revolve around can the Chiefs beat the Bills!  Also, lets say the Bills get the one seed and KC comes to Buffalo in the playoffs, is it no guarantee the Bills win that game and if they were to lose, the narrative would be worse than if Buffalo lost in KC.    My point is there is a lot of football left, lots of things can or might happen, no matter how it shakes out, this team can get it together and win.  For the next three weeks, the focus is on taking control of the division.  Even with the injuries, they have to figure out how to win these games.

• Like (+1) 3

The best, most direct route to the one seed for the Bills is indeed for the Bengals to beat the Chiefs and the Bills to beat the Bengals.

Obviously, this assumes that the Bills take care of business elsewhere, which is ANYTHING but a safe assumption at the moment, with a tough three game stretch coming up.

I hope Chase is back and at full strength for the Bengals. If the Chiefs win out, then so be it, but it would be nice to see them have to actually beat some tough opponents to do it. The Rams practice squad doesn't count. 

5 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Even if the Chiefs have an 85% chance to win each game they play, the probability that they win six straight games to finish the season is only 38%. 

Anyone who claims the race for the one seed is over, the Chiefs won’t lose again, etc., doesn’t understand probabilities.

But that works both ways. The Bills have one of the hardest remaining schedules in the NFL at a opponents winning % of 56.1%, slightly below the Dolphins, Jets and patriots. And they play 5 out of the last 6 games against opponents with a winning record, the hardest in the league along with Miami. By contrast, the Chiefs play opponents with a 36.9% winning % and only play 2 teams with a winning record the rest of the way. It will take a miracle for the Bills to pass the Chiefs'. Honestly, at this point, I just want them to win the division which will be tough. They still have a good shot at the #2 seed, but even that is much in question. 

Go Bills! It's going to be an interesting last 6 weeks of the year. Injuries and that Minnesota nightmare may cost us........

Here is a good look at the next 3 weeks.

(6) uSTADIUM on Twitter: "Huge next 3 weeks in the AFC coming up. The playoff picture could look much different. MIA: @SF, @LAC, @BUF BUF: @NE, NYJ, MIA NYJ: @MIN, @BUF, DET NE: BUF, @AZ, @LV CIN: KC, CLE, @TB LAC: @LV, MIA, TEN" / Twitter

15 hours ago, Another Fan said:

The Bengals always seem to help the Bills: they beat the Dolphins earlier in the year and the Titans today 

Did beating the Titans do anything for us? We were already ahead of the Titans and own the head to head vs. them.  We have yet to play the Bengals.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.