Kyler Murray: How did the Cardinals fall for it?

Mikie2times

32 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

After the game, when asked about what happened on the 4th and 1 interception. Murray took full responsibility as you would expect a leader to do. Oh wait no he didn't he blamed the scheme .. which is the responsibility of course of the playcaller .. Kingsbury. 

Not a leader!

Kyler Murray and Zach Wilson have the same life coach. 

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

After the game, when asked about what happened on the 4th and 1 interception. Murray took full responsibility as you would expect a leader to do. Oh wait no he didn't he blamed the scheme .. which is the responsibility of course of the playcaller .. Kingsbury. 

Not a leader!

I think it's fair to question the playcall, but you have to be a little more diplomatic about it

43 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Not a leader!

This has always been known. I have watched him deflect all blame, throw teammates under the bus, and throw coaches under the bus the last 4 years. This isn't anything new. It's always been his MO. Larry Fitz's father put him on blast, but it got swept under the rug for the most part. Where do you think that came from? From being around Murray and talking to his son. He said the kid needed to humble himself, is spoiled, and needs to mature. I fully believed it at the time and it's even more evident now. I believe there were a lot of people shaking their head at AZ giving Kyler that big contract, regardless of how the sport media clowns were trying to paint it. They are reaping the fruits of their investment again right now. 

• Agree 2

On 11/27/2022 at 8:55 PM, H2o said:

The same way the Broncos fell for it with Russell Wilson. 

Yes.

But, the difference was many successful years. That was the good. The bad was ‘MANY’!

You need to be very careful how much and for how long, you are offering mega $ to almost 35 year olds! 

It makes me glad we have JOSH!!!

BTW, my worry with him when selected was not that he would be a bust, but just good/very good and not truly elite. He has exceeded all expectations, both in his play and leadership/attitude.

As for height, Flutie barely suffered because of it, nor Brees and (Seattle) Wilson. Flutie lacked arm strength, but his height rarely mattered much.

Edited by Jerome007

Seems like the same few things lead to teams caving in scenarios like this.

#1. It's a business, and it's tough to keep rears in seats without an exciting player.

#2. If you're the GM, admitting you drafted the wrong guy, in scenarios like this is a death sentence.

Who's going to trust you to do this a second time, when what you did didn't work and already lead to several blown seasons.

Much easier to rally behind the guy, spend a quarter billion of someone else's money, then end up fired, and demoted in your next role lol

Really takes a rich owner who can handle lower ticket sales, and have patience to start over. Move on from coach gm, move on from a huge chunk of the roster over 2-3 years... and hope the next guy starts to work because you're looking at 3-5 years between the time already wasted, and the time it takes to have an idea about new leadership.

I don't envy the stress nfl owners invite in buying a team. Could you imagine spending a few billion... going .500 a few years, tearing it down, starting over, and you hire the wrong guys again. Lol!!!!

Ever bought a car or motorcycle that sucks money and constantly breaks down and you don't ride more than a few times in a year cause its constantly in the shop 😆😆😆

Now imagine a $2-3billion investment, with yearly maintenance bills of $250m. Lol sounds frustrating to say the least 

• 1 month later...

Bwahahahahaha, the Cardinals are an example of how to do everything the wrong way, Gee, let’s include the pouty little “B” in our decision making, that sounds like a good idea, 😂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Big Turk changed the title to Kyler Murray to be included in hiring of next HC in Arizona - this should go well
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.