This is where the Rubber meets the road for the AFC seeding

gonzo1105

15 minutes ago, zow2 said:

People in the AFC should start worrying about Cincinnati.  Even with injuries they look better than last season.  Their D is better than KC or Buffalo's.  

They have a very tough remaining schedule. If they come through that relatively unscathed they will be a favourite going into the playoffs.

9 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Not the end of the world. Go hard for the AFCE and #2 seed.  Then wait for someone to beat Mahomes before we face them. 

I don’t think it’s the end of the world either. In fact, getting healthy is way more important than any seed. At least IMO. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think KC will be the #1 seed unfortunately. Buffalo the #2 seed. Baltimore the #3 seed (their remaining road is a lot easier than Cincy), Tennessee a weak #4 seed. Then Miami #5, Chargers #6, Bengals #7. 

I'd actually be surprised if it isn't those 7 in the AFC playoffs at this point (even if my seeding predictions end up a bit off). 

Agree on KC. The only team that I think will give them trouble is the Raiders, a divisional opponent that has talent and the ability to score a lot of points. I don't see them losing to Cincy, and the rest of their schedule is an absolute cakewalk (Denver twice, Houston, Seattle at home). I have them as the AFC SB representative facing off against SF. A bye and home field is just too much of an advantage. In the NFC, I think Dallas and SF are the two best teams and basically equal overall, but I'm going with the superior coach (Shanahan over McCarthy). Barring catastrophic injuries, a KC-SF SB seems like the most likely scenario to me. 

3 hours ago, Bills of Boston said:

Jets smoked Miami when Tua was out so that could def end up helping down the road 

3 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Chargers?!?!?!!

Hàaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

They lost to the Jets 

Gentlemen, thank you.

...man...that is a big deal.  Very cool.  That helps.  

However, and we already knew this, but we have to run the table against the East.

A buddy of mine sent me calculations (from whoever does it, forwarded by Joe DiBiase) that says if the Bills win these next 3 division games they 95% chance to win the East and a 58% chance at home field advantage.

LET'S GO!!!

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Arrowhead stadium is one of the coldest stadiums in the NFL.  It's a nightmare environment in the playoffs.

Cold schmold. It’s all about the wind! Our stadium has to be the absolute worst for wind. I follow the weather for these games pretty religiously, and I have not seen the types of wind gust speed anywhere else, even Cleveland, which one would think would be comparable. 

my hope with the new stadium is they figure out a way to neutralize the high winds. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.