This is where the Rubber meets the road for the AFC seeding

gonzo1105

9 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I'm the one who said Denver poses a threat. Yes its a dumpster fire over there but Russell Wilson is still a capable QB, they still have capable weapons, the Chiefs are on the road in division, and the Broncos have a great defense that can hold the Chiefs to a reasonable amount. Its one game and anything can happen. Would you say that you would have lost to the Colts before it happened? Probably not. I'm not saying they will lose. I'm saying that Denver has the capability in a one game setting to stun the Chiefs.

Regarding the Colts loss....yes...in the NFL on a given Sunday, anything CAN happen.  Since Andy Ried become coach of the Chiefs in 2013- KC has only lost 5 division games.  Mahomes since becoming the starting QB, has never lost a road division game.  KC has won 13 straight VS Denver.  Denver occaisionally puts of a fight VS KC, but more often those games are blowouts in KC's favor.  

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills have bigger issues if they get swept by the Jets…. Dolphins possibly…. Especially if key defensive players remain out because the defense goes to ***** with even one or two starters missing. 

I am/was totally prepared to say that KC would have to win out for the 1 seed UNTIL the Jets switched to Mike White at QB.  I'm not saying Mike White is some great QB.  But he is a guy who has demonstrated he can play that postion well at times.  I had the Bills 100% winning that Jets game if Zach Wilson was the starter.  I know you lost to him and the Jets earlier......but I think that's alot like KC losing to the Colts.  IT wasn't happening again.  White makes me at least pause and think the Jets will be plucky.  

Either way.  KC can win out and not worry with it but that's tough.  The Bills are capable of winning out.

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

The Dolphins 49'ers game jumped out at me. SF has a super defense and from what I've seen Miami's offense is playing over their head. It'll be interesting to see how SF defends them. 

Armstead is likely to miss the 49ers game also as he went down with a pectoral injury 

52 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills have bigger issues if they get swept by the Jets…. Dolphins possibly…. Especially if key defensive players remain out because the defense goes to ***** with even one or two starters missing. 

Really like your avatar change to a Knights Templar Crusader.  Also known as the Warrior Monks!

10 hours ago, Success said:

For the 1 seed, I see every remaining game as a must win.  We really have to run the table.  Chiefs are extremely unlikely to drop more than one game w/ what they have left.

To win the division?  Not quite as high pressure, imo.  I think we beat the Dolphins at home, and they have at least one more loss on that schedule.

I feel like we're probably going to end up w/ the 2 seed.  But there is a ton of football left.

Agreed, Success, keeping in mind, though, the Bills still can’t really finish tied with Miami.  Even beating them isn’t enough given our two divisional losses.  My apologies if they lost a division game when Tua was down, I just can’t remember. Absolutely crazy to think the Bills could finish even 13-4 and yet potentially be on the road throughout the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Agreed, Success, keeping in mind, though, the Bills still can’t really finish tied with Miami.  Even beating them isn’t enough given our two divisional losses.  My apologies if they lost a division game when Tua was down, I just can’t remember. Absolutely crazy to think the Bills could finish even 13-4 and yet potentially be on the road throughout the playoffs.

Jets smoked Miami when Tua was out so that could def end up helping down the road 

• Agree 1

I can't wait for the Miami game.  I hope we destroy them. I highly dislike that franchise.  Can't stand their HC and star players

1 hour ago, NUT said:

Losing to Jets is this years Jax game. They lost the #1 seed with that performance.

Lot of FB left to play 

Literally any team can beat any team in any given week. We just gotta go 1-0 next Thursday and take it from there

• Like (+1) 1

I think KC will be the #1 seed unfortunately. Buffalo the #2 seed. Baltimore the #3 seed (their remaining road is a lot easier than Cincy), Tennessee a weak #4 seed. Then Miami #5, Chargers #6, Bengals #7. 

I'd actually be surprised if it isn't those 7 in the AFC playoffs at this point (even if my seeding predictions end up a bit off). 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think KC will be the #1 seed unfortunately. Buffalo the #2 seed. Baltimore the #3 seed (their remaining road is a lot easier than Cincy), Tennessee a weak #4 seed. Then Miami #5, Chargers #6, Bengals #7. 

I'd actually be surprised if it isn't those 7 in the AFC playoffs at this point (even if my seeding predictions end up a bit off). 

Chargers?!?!?!!

Hàaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

20 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

They lost to the Jets 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Chargers?!?!?!!

Hàaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Who else makes it? The Jets? New England? They are 0-2 against KC but 6-3 against the rest of the league. I can see them getting to 10 wins and that being enough. I actually think looking at remaining schedules the Bengals are the bigger question mark.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Who else makes it? The Jets? New England? They are 0-2 against KC but 6-3 against the rest of the league. I can see them getting to 10 wins and that being enough. I actually think looking at remaining schedules the Bengals are the bigger question mark.

Jets. I think they beat the Dolphins again.

Couple random thoughts. I think the chiefs drop 1 more, maybe to Cincinnati but either way I think they drop one. Problem is I think we drop 2 more games, so we are stuck with the 2 seed. I think we split with NE and then lose to Cincinnati also (unfortunately I’ll be at that game). Dolphins are going to get murdered this Sunday and they will trail off after that. Said it in the Around the League thread yesterday too but I think this is the last week we see Tua. Armstead is out and you’re facing  the best defense in the league this week. Bosa is going to put him on IR. If not, they’ll pull him after taking a ton of shots. Cincinnati might be my pick for the AFC. They have more weapons than both us and KC, and their defense has more playmakers and is a little more feisty than both of ours too (I’m assuming Von is out for a while). If you made me pick today I think I’d go Cincinnati vs SF in the Super Bowl with 49ers winning it. 

Edited by BeavercreekBillsFan

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Jets. I think they beat the Dolphins again.

I think they will have to if they want to make it. They already have 4 conference losses, if they lose to the Bills and the Dolphins then even if they end up with 10 wins (beating Detroit, the Jags and the Seahawks) it is unlikely to be enough if they are 6-6 in the AFC. They probably need 11 wins to get in.  

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they will have to if they want to make it. They already have 4 conference losses, if they lose to the Bills and the Dolphins then even if they end up with 10 wins (beating Detroit, the Jags and the Seahawks) it is unlikely to be enough if they are 6-6 in the AFC. They probably need 11 wins to get in.  

Jets have the type of team that can beat the Dolphins ( Good #1 Man corner , a good run game and a DL that can stop the run). McDaniel has put Tua in a position to succeed because Its hard to play man if you dont have the horses and Tua is excellent against zone defense. I still need to see what TUA looks like when the weather gets cold and messy

Edited by Protocal69

9 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Best chance at Chiefs loss is @Bengals.  Cincy has been sa thorn in KC side recently.  Other than that, KC schedule is pretty easy going forward.  

I agree. Beyond this week it is either home vs Seahawks or @ the Raiders that can knock off the Chiefs. Seattle has been playing over their heads but they will at least still be fighting for a wild card in that week 16 game.

Raiders should be out of it. But I've been saying since their week 5 loss at KC that they were one of the best 1-4 team we have ever seen. And that still holds true now as they are probably one of the best 4-7 teams we have ever seen. But what are the odds they can win five in a row before the final game against KC? A bit too early yet to tell if an 8-8 team can make the final wild card spot which could give the Raiders one more game to drop before the KC game. Still, division game, at home, season over or not I give them a chance in that one.

I can't see the Bills losing twice to the Jets regardless of who is QBing for them. Miami is a different story though. Could easily lose twice to them.

10 minutes ago, zow2 said:

People in the AFC should start worrying about Cincinnati.  Even with injuries they look better than last season.  Their D is better than KC or Buffalo's.  

Yep. Good point. Most likely next losses on the schedule for both the Bills and Chiefs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.