This is where the Rubber meets the road for the AFC seeding

gonzo1105

1 hour ago, Success said:

For the 1 seed, I see every remaining game as a must win.  We really have to run the table.  Chiefs are extremely unlikely to drop more than one game w/ what they have left.

To win the division?  Not quite as high pressure, imo.  I think we beat the Dolphins at home, and they have at least one more loss on that schedule.

I feel like we're probably going to end up w/ the 2 seed.  But there is a ton of football left.

I don’t think the 1 seed is really in play. That said let’s win the east and a 2 seed. Perhaps someone else will have to play KC and beat them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Bengals and Titans also have pretty tough remaining schedules remaining.  The one team with a pretty easy road is KC so will be tough.  Their best chance at loss may be next week.

On the other hand last season KC was cruising to easily have the #1 seed.  They still won it, but was very close by year end.   If I recal lright, if Bills had beaten Tenn, they'd have been the #1 overall even with all their mid season losses.

TEN had # 1 seed last year . Yes I think Bills  would have had it if they had beaten TEN 

3 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I don’t think the 1 seed is really in play. That said let’s win the east and a 2 seed. Perhaps someone else will have to play KC and beat them. 

It’s definitely in play because the Bills hold the tie breaker. If they didn’t then yes I’d say it’s probably not in play. The Chiefs would have to drop a game of course , but that’s probably more likely than finishing with 11 straight wins. It’s a tall order for the Bills to win their remaining games , but far from impossible. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I think we seen them do that the past 2 games. But yes you’re correct. 

Got to have the Eye of the Tiger to be a champion. Here in NH a 10-seed just beat the undefeated 1-seed in the state final. Had to win 3 straight on the road to make the final. They won them all by shutouts. Then overcame a 14-0 halftime deficit. Kicked a FG with :10 left to win 15-14. They just wouldn't be denied.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

I never could see why any team could have thought that Hackett would be a good head coach. 

Russ is the issue there right now.  Hackett certainly needs to go. But that Russell Wilson trade and extension has ruined the franchise for years to come. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

The Dolphins 49'ers game jumped out at me. SF has a super defense and from what I've seen Miami's offense is playing over their head. It'll be interesting to see how SF defends them. 

It will be very interesting indeed since the Fins offense is Shannys.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

We are screwd

This team is limping through the regular season and it will most likely take a small miracle to get the #1 seed. I'm confident they'll get in the post season but unless everyone some how gets reasonably healthy for the playoffs the SB is a pipe dream.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Chiefs are the #1 seed. Bills need to worry about the division.

Honestly I don’t think the players think about these scenarios in the same way that fans do. We all know what the Bills need to do , but this is a fan message board after all. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

These next 3 weeks are going to shape the road for all 3 of the Bills, Dolphins, and Chiefs.
The Bills have 3 AFC East opponents in a row, The Dolphins have 3 straight road games against 3 tough opponents including the Bills, and the Chiefs have two straight road games against a Bengals team that beat them and a top notch Broncos defense on the road. Can the Broncos score enough.

Bills schedule: 

@Patriots

Jets

Dolphins

@Chicago 

@ Cinci

Dolphins: 

@SF

@LA Chargers

@ Buffalo

Green Bay

Chiefs

@ Bengals

@ Broncos

Texans 

Seattle 

And the Chiefs will be resting Mahomes after the Bengals in the 4th quarter of those 3 others. 
Bills only chance is running the table to get the 1 seed. But there isn’t a game I look at and say they shouldn’t win that but it’s the NFL. See the Jags and Ravens today. 

SOMETHING TO KEEP IN MIND: The Bill's defense is designed to be really good when the Bill's offense is clicking. The idea is to get ahead and turn the opponent one dimensional. While that may seem simplistic and what all teams want to do the Bills actually do it often. Other than the freakish, unlucky loss to the Vikings we only lost this year when we didn't score more than 20 points. We obviously have suffered injuries to critical players and sometimes their replacements. Our defense is such (what with injuries) that it can't go on the field and dominate, which normally would be OK if our offense was firing on all cylinders. It's no secret that we need Josh to heal up his elbow in order to really start clicking again. I think that the Bills are good enough that if they heal up fast they can still be in the running for top seed with an excellent chance in the playoffs.

Best chance at Chiefs loss is @Bengals.  Cincy has been sa thorn in KC side recently.  Other than that, KC schedule is pretty easy going forward.  

Some thoughts on that -

First whoever said Denver would pose a threat hasn't been paying attention to anything at all going on in Denver.  That clown show is the biggest disaster in the NFL this year.  KC still has 2 games against them.  Sam Darnold COMFORTABLY beat them today.  They sucked and had issues with WIlson and Hackett BEFORE now having probalby the most injuries in the NFL now.  They are completely done.  They are "cooked".

Seattle @KC has the feel of a game KC should win handily but Seattle won't roll over.

The Raiders game that remains is last game of year.  Raiders will long ago elminated and might not have the best lineup on the field etc.

Right now KC has no margin because the BIlls are right on their tail but I can see a Mike White led Jets team or the Dolphin perhaps tripping up the Bills.  

If KC wins next week, the road to the AFC title gets alot closer to running through KC again.

2 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Best chance at Chiefs loss is @Bengals.  Cincy has been sa thorn in KC side recently.  Other than that, KC schedule is pretty easy going forward.  

Some thoughts on that -

First whoever said Denver would pose a threat hasn't been paying attention to anything at all going on in Denver.  That clown show is the biggest disaster in the NFL this year.  KC still has 2 games against them.  Sam Darnold COMFORTABLY beat them today.  They sucked and had issues with WIlson and Hackett BEFORE now having probalby the most injuries in the NFL now.  They are completely done.  They are "cooked".

Seattle @KC has the feel of a game KC should win handily but Seattle won't roll over.

The Raiders game that remains is last game of year.  Raiders will long ago elminated and might not have the best lineup on the field etc.

Right now KC has no margin because the BIlls are right on their tail but I can see a Mike White led Jets team or the Dolphin perhaps tripping up the Bills.  

If KC wins next week, the road to the AFC title gets alot closer to running through KC again.

I'm the one who said Denver poses a threat. Yes its a dumpster fire over there but Russell Wilson is still a capable QB, they still have capable weapons, the Chiefs are on the road in division, and the Broncos have a great defense that can hold the Chiefs to a reasonable amount. Its one game and anything can happen. Would you say that you would have lost to the Colts before it happened? Probably not. I'm not saying they will lose. I'm saying that Denver has the capability in a one game setting to stun the Chiefs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.