Zay Jones Finally Helps the Bills!

BisonMan

Zay Jones had a career day for Jacksonville as the Jags beat the Ravens in the last seconds.

Jones stat line: 11 catches, 145 yards, and...the winning 2 point conversion catch!

He also made a spectacular 29 yard catch on the final drive to keep the Jags hopes alive. 

The Ravens had a chance but Justin Tucker left a 67-yard field goal attempt about a yard short. What a wimp. They should waive him now! 😁

Coincidentally, Jones also caught the game winning overtime catch last year to beat the Ravens while with the Raiders. Zay Jones...Raven Killer.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Ravens play so many tight games and are so inconsistent I never believed the notion that their schedule was so soft that they could win out. @ Pittsburgh @ Cleveland with Watson @ Bengals are all very tough games for them.

I will believe Cleveland with Watson when I see it.  I am hoping same impact as Russel Wilson with Broncos. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

He looked good at the end of the game 

good for him maybe timing was just wrong here doesn’t mean he was anti buffalo

I agree. I don't think he was anti-Buffalo. I just think that he wasn't good enough to contribute when he was here. He seemed to play better with the Raiders (what little I saw of him there) and he's projecting out to an 80 catch, 700 yard season for the Jags. Nice to see him staying in the league and finding a fit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

He looked like exactly the player he was at ECU. Caught a ton of balls, kept chains moving, drew a DPI.

*DISCLAIMER. we were right to move on at the time, this is strictly meant for in the moment*

Would u trade Gabe for Zay straight up (pretend no trade deadline)???

The prisoner of the moment crowd would definitely trade Zay for Gabe……we’ll see a thread started in the next couple hours. lol 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

He looked like exactly the player he was at ECU. Caught a ton of balls, kept chains moving, drew a DPI.

*DISCLAIMER. we were right to move on at the time, this is strictly meant for in the moment*

Would u trade Gabe for Zay straight up (pretend no trade deadline)???

Hard to agree with this when we traded Zay, only to bring in Duke. 
LAMP alert: I said it when  it happened, going with Duke over Zay was a mistake. Duke was horrible, especially in the Houston playoff game. Dare I say we win if Duke doesn’t play in that playoff game. 

39 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

I agree. I don't think he was anti-Buffalo. I just think that he wasn't good enough to contribute when he was here. He seemed to play better with the Raiders (what little I saw of him there) and he's projecting out to an 80 catch, 700 yard season for the Jags. Nice to see him staying in the league and finding a fit.

His issue was the WR coach.  He was his coach at Eastern Carolina and when he was hired by Bills he told them he was a "can't miss" prospect.  However the WR coach had been hired by teams and gone out of league many times and did not have skill level to elevate WRs teaching them skills needed for NFL.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.