RIP John Y Brown Jr. - The Guy who moved the Braves

Locomark

Look I am 54 years old have live in Buffalo my whole life and I miss the Buffalo Braves to but to blame it on John Y Brown or Paul Snyder isn’t the real reason the Buffalo Braves moved. Nor was it Canisius College basketball Father Demske fault. It was our Western New York business community and local political leaders they didn’t care like a lot of things that is why we are the way we are. They couldn’t sell 5,000 season tickets so the Buffalo Braves couldn’t break the new long term lease they signed a year or two before making them stay here we made it easy to leave.

Again Buffalo Braves tickets were dirt cheap like $6 and $9 dollars a ticket. Like with a lot of things in Western New York like the new Buffalo Bills stadium as an good example today we don’t make good economic decisions. Again $10 times 5,000 seats and no one did a thing to save the Buffalo Braves $50,000 a year and the Buffalo Braves are in Buffalo in 1978-79 we get to the Magic, Bird and Jordan years when the NBA took off surpassing NHL hockey. Just like in 1970 when the Buffalo Bisons IL baseball moved after 93 years who does that? That was one of the biggest disgraces in Buffalo sports history that should never have happened. Ron Jaworski Stadium takes a new Buffalo professional softball team in 1976 but 6 years before wanted no part of the International League Buffalo Bisons that were here for 93 years ridiculous so Buffalo. The land of economic idiots.

How stupid are some of the people in our community? Well the Buffalo Courier Express union turned down the deal the Buffalo Courier Express had with Rupert Murdoch to save the newspaper again who does that. Then you are all out of a job. Those writers ran off to other cities newspapers and screwed this community of jobs again selfish behavior run away take the easy way out by running away. Too much of that goes on still today. Not as bad as in past but it still happens far too often. Buffalo is and will always be left behind until we stop making cheap stupid easy way out decisions.

The Buffalo Convention Center renovations are a disgrace of cheapness. That should have been the Buffalo Bills stadium/Convention Center down town but this community continues to be stuck on stupid. UB needs a new football stadium. If you say no they don’t BSF? Look at San Diego State a Group of Five FBS football team like UB Bulls new stadium then look at UB Stadium it is a disgrace. And we wonder why Buffalo sports fans hate that stadium the sight lines are the worse in major college football it is a disgrace. Again downtown UB Bulls football could have joined the Buffalo Bills with the convention center tie in but we are still stuck on stupid in Western New York in my opinion. Go Braves-Clippers! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

On 11/30/2022 at 12:10 AM, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Look I am 54 years old have live in Buffalo my whole life and I miss the Buffalo Braves to but to blame it on John Y Brown or Paul Snyder isn’t the real reason the Buffalo Braves moved. Nor was it Canisius College basketball Father Demske fault. It was our Western New York business community and local political leaders they didn’t care like a lot of things that is why we are the way we are. They couldn’t sell 5,000 season tickets so the Buffalo Braves couldn’t break the new long term lease they signed a year or two before making them stay here we made it easy to leave.

Again Buffalo Braves tickets were dirt cheap like $6 and $9 dollars a ticket. Like with a lot of things in Western New York like the new Buffalo Bills stadium as an good example today we don’t make good economic decisions. Again $10 times 5,000 seats and no one did a thing to save the Buffalo Braves $50,000 a year and the Buffalo Braves are in Buffalo in 1978-79 we get to the Magic, Bird and Jordan years when the NBA took off surpassing NHL hockey. Just like in 1970 when the Buffalo Bisons IL baseball moved after 93 years who does that? That was one of the biggest disgraces in Buffalo sports history that should never have happened. Ron Jaworski Stadium takes a new Buffalo professional softball team in 1976 but 6 years before wanted no part of the International League Buffalo Bisons that were here for 93 years ridiculous so Buffalo. The land of economic idiots.

How stupid are some of the people in our community? Well the Buffalo Courier Express union turned down the deal the Buffalo Courier Express had with Rupert Murdoch to save the newspaper again who does that. Then you are all out of a job. Those writers ran off to other cities newspapers and screwed this community of jobs again selfish behavior run away take the easy way out by running away. Too much of that goes on still today. Not as bad as in past but it still happens far too often. Buffalo is and will always be left behind until we stop making cheap stupid easy way out decisions.

The Buffalo Convention Center renovations are a disgrace of cheapness. That should have been the Buffalo Bills stadium/Convention Center down town but this community continues to be stuck on stupid. UB needs a new football stadium. If you say no they don’t BSF? Look at San Diego State a Group of Five FBS football team like UB Bulls new stadium then look at UB Stadium it is a disgrace. And we wonder why Buffalo sports fans hate that stadium the sight lines are the worse in major college football it is a disgrace. Again downtown UB Bulls football could have joined the Buffalo Bills with the convention center tie in but we are still stuck on stupid in Western New York in my opinion. Go Braves-Clippers! Let’s Go Buffalo 

boooooo all our misfortune is someone else's fault go away boooooooooooooo

On 11/27/2022 at 7:35 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

We were the poor family that got to see many Braves games high up in the Oranges @ TheAud with our free tickets from saving Dairylea milk cartons.

Was it League Lawyer David Stern thar came up with the idea to screw Buffalo when the Celtics wanted to move to San Diego? Stern brokered the deal where Braves owner took over the Celtics and Brown, the Celtics owner took over the Braves... Then Brown moved them to San Diego.  Why, I also can't stand the Celtics too...

There ain't no kind words for all parties involved with this dirty dealing and community stealing.  @ Buffalo's economic nadir too.  Despicable... They had plans to then move into the Toronto market a decade later...

Why, I will never get into the NBA really again. 

I agree. I live in Chicago and dabble in watching games and going to a few but it is hard to invest in the NBA after watching how they screwed us. 

On 11/29/2022 at 11:10 PM, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I appreciate your perspective as a lifer in the area. I am almost the same age but moved in my mid 20s so I just kept seeing what was happening in other cities I lived in and kept seeing unfilled promises being made in a Buffalo for Baseball, the Peace Bridge, the failed aud revitalization, and multiple city projects that never amounted to anything or to much less than promised decades later. I lived in cities that radically invested in waterfront changes. It’s honestly been disheartening to see how slowly both Buffalo and Niagara Falls have taken to change over the last 30 years. The hockey arena is downright basic compared to other cities and there is no plan in place to fix that either. The UB stadium feels like a track stadium and has no game day feel. I agree the Bills and UB should have had a unified stadium but any college campus would want the games on campus, so you would need the games in Amherst. I don’t ever think there was a serious discussion about a Bills stadium in Amherst and there in no real Serious transport to UB Amherst.  Many entertainment venues like Kleinhans are falling apart and many major concert tours also that are just choosing not to go play at the arena these days. In general the area facilities aren’t very good including the convention center. If it weren’t for the generosity of the Pegulas and local university and medical investments, who knows what would be going on downtown.
I don’t agree that putting a stadium in the City would be great revitalization unless it was a mixed use stadium/convention/ hotel complex that hosted a ton of events kind of like New Orleans does. Frankly Buffalo does not have enough to do to warrant that kind of multi billion dollar structure year round and taxpayers can’t fund it. 

Edited by Locomark

On 11/30/2022 at 12:10 AM, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Ramble much? 🤨

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Dallas getting a team in 1980... The Mavericks were also part of the skullduggery that robbed Buffalo of the Braves. They were trying to lure the Braves to Dallas...

As if there already isn't enough reasons for Buffalo sports fans to hate Dallas as it is :censored:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.