RIP John Y Brown Jr. - The Guy who moved the Braves

Locomark

We had season tickets and I loved the NBA back then. After we lost the Braves my NBA interest has gradually declined to the point that I don’t even watch the Finals, and when sports talk radio goes to the NBA, I go to another station. 

He was a person with a family, so there’s that.  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

We had season tickets and I loved the NBA back then. After we lost the Braves my NBA interest has gradually declined to the point that I don’t even watch the Finals, and when sports talk radio goes to the NBA, I go to another station. 

He banged Phyllis George. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

We were the poor family that got to see many Braves games high up in the Oranges @ TheAud with our free tickets from saving Dairylea milk cartons.

Was it League Lawyer David Stern thar came up with the idea to screw Buffalo when the Celtics wanted to move to San Diego? Stern brokered the deal where Braves owner took over the Celtics and Brown, the Celtics owner took over the Braves... Then Brown moved them to San Diego.  Why, I also can't stand the Celtics too...

There ain't no kind words for all parties involved with this dirty dealing and community stealing.  @ Buffalo's economic nadir too.  Despicable... They had plans to then move into the Toronto market a decade later...

Why, I will never get into the NBA really again. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Was it League Lawyer David Stern thar came up with the idea to screw Buffalo when the Celtics wanted to move to San Diego. Stern brokered the deal where Braves owner took of Celtics and Brown, the Celtics owner took over the Braves... Then moved them to San Diego.  Why, I also can't stand the Celtics too...

There ain't no kind words for all parties involved with this dirty dealing and community stealing.  Despicable...

Boston Celtics and New England pro sports fans @Nextmanup and @YoloinOhio disagree.

Buffalo sports fans should never root for any New England pro teams.

• Agree 3

18 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

We were the poor family that got to see many Braves games high up in the Oranges @ TheAud with our free tickets from saving Dairylea milk cartons.

Was it League Lawyer David Stern thar came up with the idea to screw Buffalo when the Celtics wanted to move to San Diego? Stern brokered the deal where Braves owner took over the Celtics and Brown, the Celtics owner took over the Braves... Then Brown moved them to San Diego.  Why, I also can't stand the Celtics too...

There ain't no kind words for all parties involved with this dirty dealing and community stealing.  @ Buffalo's economic nadir too.  Despicable... They had plans to then move into the Toronto market a decade later...

Why, I will never get into the NBA really again. 

I feel like I have been on the teacups at the amusement park. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.