Jerry Hughes looks mad in Houston

Warriorspikes51

17 hours ago, The Dean said:

Drinking while stupid usually ends up with horrible threads.

EXACTLY!  He chose to sign with a crappy team, and is now so mad they stink he wants out? He's having a great year, but since Houston let some players leave then they surely would let Hughes leave.  WTF are people thinking?

That "crappy" team was the highest bidder for his services. He wanted to stay here, but Bills weren't willing to meet his demands.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

My buddy who has some kind of inside source that he said he can't tell me because he could get in trouble claims that "word on the street" is that Jerry Hughes is going to be released and will be a Bill again by the end of the week.

Take it FWIW. Obviously Houston has to agree to release him.

He has been right numerous times in the past about things.

What has he been right about in the past?

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Did AJ Klein clear waivers? 

Yes, which is strange because I've read that players with more than 4 years in the league are not subject to waivers and are considered released and free to sign with anyone.  Or is this waivers rule in effect post trade deadline? When Beckham was released from the Browns he was free to sign with whoever he wanted I believe.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

My buddy who has some kind of inside source that he said he can't tell me because he could get in trouble claims that "word on the street" is that Jerry Hughes is going to be released and will be a Bill again by the end of the week.

I can see Lovie Smith allowing this to happen. Nick Caserio is another story

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Yes, which is strange because I've read that players with more than 4 years in the league are not subject to waivers and are considered released and free to sign with anyone.  Or is this waivers rule in effect post trade deadline? When Beckham was released from the Browns he was free to sign with whoever he wanted I believe.

If I remember correctly, he had a big contract and therefore cleared waivers 

Now Turk gonna have me F5'ing all week

Thanks for that info, Big Turk.  Even if it doesn't come to fruition, it's nice to be given a nugget of hope on a Monday morning.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I love dudes like him and Cook sign contracts with Houston and are shocked they suck. I’m in the minority and it was a great trade but I’m over Hughes. I wish him well but we have enough guys who almost get sacks.

You think he went to Houston because he thought they were good? He is from there. Buffalo is probably the only place he'd rather be. 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Airseven said:

Hughes chose to sign with the worst team in the NFL. 

Might not have had many choices......he was looking kinda washed up for a time there.......well from the sack perspective.  Pressure perspective a whole diff story.

14 minutes ago, Process said:

You think he went to Houston because he thought they were good? He is from there. Buffalo is probably the only place he'd rather be. 

He went to where the $$$ was.....plain and simple and I do not begrudge him for one penny of it.  He earned to right to get it and good on him he got it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.