Jerry Hughes looks mad in Houston

Warriorspikes51

To be fair, Hughes wasn’t getting many offers in free agency and he took the money (that could only be offered by a team trying to fill the worst roster in football). Can’t blame him for going to the highest bidder in twilight of his career. That being said, he’s had a good year but is in no position to complain. Appreciate your payday.

• Thank you (+1) 1

My buddy who has some kind of inside source that he said he can't tell me because he could get in trouble claims that "word on the street" is that Jerry Hughes is going to be released and will be a Bill again by the end of the week.

Take it FWIW. Obviously Houston has to agree to release him.

He has been right numerous times in the past about things.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

My buddy who has some kind of inside source that he said he can't tell me because he could get in trouble claims that "word on the street" is that Jerry Hughes is going to be released and will be a Bill again by the end of the week.

Hard to believe but that would be something. How would he clear waivers? You'd think Belichick would grab him just to prevent him from joining the Bills.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Hard to believe but that would be something. How would he clear waivers? You'd think Belichick would grab him just to prevent him from joining the Bills.

I think a lot of times the agent is like don’t claim him in these scenarios and if teams do it creates a bad situation with AGENT/GM and it’s not worth it since player likely won’t report/show

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It smells like BS to me…. But he is not subject to waivers given his veteran status …

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

It smells like BS to me…. But he is not subject to waivers given his veteran status …

Someone up thread said after the trade deadline all players are subject to waivers. I assume to prevent just this kind of move. But I don't know 

6 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

I think a lot of times the agent is like don’t claim him in these scenarios and if teams do it creates a bad situation with AGENT/GM and it’s not worth it since player likely won’t report/show

Not to mention... you have to negotiate someone else on your teams contract with said agent who now has a pretty poor opinion of your organization. 

13 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Ok… cheers… I stand corrected it that is the situation 

"All NFL players are subject to waivers if released after the trading deadline. However, if a decides to waive after the deadline, the player will undergo the waiver claim process, which is carried out according to the standings in reverse order."

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This makes sense to me.  Houston really has nothing to gain by keeping him. We have a great relationship with their front office.  We have a great need at edge rusher.

If Von is able to play in a few weeks/playoffs.....I love the idea of special pass rush packages where Hughes and Von are both standing up next to each other on the end of the line

FWIW it looks like Jerry has a $6.25M non guaranteed salary next season with a$1.25M cap hit if released. Salary this year is $3.75M so like $1.25M remaining? I am skeptical that this return actually happens but I’ll be happy if it does. Epenesa to IR?

Just now, dreadlox said:

FWIW it looks like Jerry has a $6.25M non guaranteed salary next season with a$1.25M cap hit if released. Salary this year is $3.75M so like $1.25M remaining? I am skeptical that this return actually happens but I’ll be happy if it does. Epenesa to IR?

Main Rotation of: 
Von (Assuming he returns)
Hughes

Rousseau
Lawson (his play has earned him more snaps)

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He's produced in Houston possible with an uptick in snaps as he's playing about 60% of their defensive snaps, am not sure he'd get same snap count here. 

He probably would for the next couple weeks considering how banged up we are at DE.  Obviously light years ahead of Mike Love. 

prayer GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.