Jerry Hughes looks mad in Houston

Warriorspikes51

44 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Still no.  The Bills have been winning for several years dude.  Jerry played in the playoffs in 2017, 2019, 2020, and 2021.  Nine years and 4 winning season with playoffs.   Keep making crap up though.  

I would argue 2017 was fringe, I mean the team backed into the playoffs and had absolutely no chance. 

And I was off by a year or 2, it's called a mistake, not fabrication. 

Point of my original post was he would have some value on the current Bills roster still and I do wish he was here in Buffalo. 

And calm down, it's just a message board, no one attacked you.

3 hours ago, QCity said:

Hughes kicks a Gatorade bucket and that means he's returning to the Bills.

Are people day drinking?

Drinking while stupid usually ends up with horrible threads.

19 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Hughes chose to sign with the worst team in the NFL. 

EXACTLY!  He chose to sign with a crappy team, and is now so mad they stink he wants out? He's having a great year, but since Houston let some players leave then they surely would let Hughes leave.  WTF are people thinking?

Edited by The Dean

4 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Tua is impressing

Yeah Dolphins offensive weapons are putting defenses in a bind. Tua always been good against zone coverages when the OL protects. With the speed on offense you really cant play man.

To beat the Dolphins on offense you have the have to be good on all three levels on the defense with a at least a #1 man corner. 

Hill and McDaniel has really changed the Dolphins. The key is like any QB is to get to Tua. I still dont trust Tua in the cold

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Jerry just had a meltdown in Miami very upset with the way Houston is playing and kicked the gatorade container over on sideline.

I see it as possible that he could ask for his release with the intent to sign with a contender

or we could call Houston and see if they have interest in doing that (since the front offices know each other well)

He does have 8 sacks this year and clearly we’re thin on the Edge at the moment

Thoughts?

Make it so number 1 !!! With Von possible having to be out a couple of games I'd be all in !! He could be the icing on the cake .

1 hour ago, Southern_Bills said:

I would argue 2017 was fringe, I mean the team backed into the playoffs and had absolutely no chance. 

And I was off by a year or 2, it's called a mistake, not fabrication. 

Point of my original post was he would have some value on the current Bills roster still and I do wish he was here in Buffalo. 

And calm down, it's just a message board, no one attacked you.

Yes, he would have value on the Bills roster, especially if Von has to sit out.  But he didn't get shipped out of Buffalo just when they "got good".  He played in the AFC Championship game two years ago and he was part of the 13 second debacle last year.  He played on 4 playoff teams.  He had a good run with the Bills and would probably want to retire a Bill.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Yes I'm aware, but when you spend what? 9 years with a team and they begin to win in your 8th year there, you did move on when they began to win, not before. 

Not that this argument has any actual value.

Was he even offered a contract or if so was it low enough to encourage him to go to free agency?

26 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I'd prefer Nate

Hell of a player. I Googled Bill's pro bowl CB's hoping to find the name of the great one back in the 70's or 80's that was injured and had to leave the game. Nates name came up and it brought back memories from a home game against the Raiders when Nate just plucked the ball out of the receiver's possession and it seemed like the whole stadium was momentarily silent and asking "what just happened"?

5 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Tua is impressing

Miami hasn't faced a team with more than 4 wins since October 16 when they lost to the vikes....Miami went from mid Oct till early December having 0 opponents with more than 4 wins 😆...two of the teams they faced in that stretch had ONE win

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Trock said:

He was never offered a contract. Bills thought he was done. 

I don't think this is the truth at all. 

I do not know if the Bills offered him anything. But if they didn't, I suspect it was because they knew they would not be competitive compared to the other offers he would receive. And as I'm sure you know, there are regular conversations between agents and the GM that can direct them in whether or not to even make an official offer. An unofficial offer might have been suggested and rejected by the agent. 

But I always shake my head when players sign elsewhere in FA, fans say "He left the team". The player did not leave the team. At the end of the contract, the player was without a team. The team had the opportunity to negotiate a contract extension, but for whatever reason did not. Getting butthurt when a player signs elsewhere is complete nonsense, IMO of course.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Hell of a player. I Googled Bill's pro bowl CB's hoping to find the name of the great one back in the 70's or 80's that was injured and had to leave the game. Nates name came up and it brought back memories from a home game against the Raiders when Nate just plucked the ball out of the receiver's possession and it seemed like the whole stadium was momentarily silent and asking "what just happened"?

He was easily my favorite on the team at the time. I was sad when he went to the 9ers. Winfield was also really good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.