Jerry Hughes looks mad in Houston

Warriorspikes51

1 minute ago, QCity said:

Hughes kicks a Gatorade bucket and that means he's returning to the Bills.

Are people day drinking?

Big time. Just go read the around the NFL thread. Bills are done and Miami is gonna steamroll through the playoffs and the Jets are gonna beat Buffalo again.  

20 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I would take him anytime, he still has gas in the tank. I hate he played here and as soon as we got good he moved on, I'm sure it was a money issue.

But absolutely he would help any team as a rotational player.

It was a bodies issue.  We thought Miller was an upgrade, then we have 3 young draft picks we want to develop.

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It was a bodies issue.  We thought Miller was an upgrade, then we have 3 young draft picks we want to develop.

And the lack of development from AJ and Boogie has us in a spot where Jerry would be a major addition.  Shaq has been better than both by a wide margin according to my eye the last 8 weeks

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I would take him anytime, he still has gas in the tank. I hate he played here and as soon as we got good he moved on, I'm sure it was a money issue.

But absolutely he would help any team as a rotational player.

Eh, no.  He was here up to and including last season.  He was part of all the recent playoff teams. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And the lack of development from AJ and Boogie has us in a spot where Jerry would be a major addition.  Shaq has been better than both by a wide margin according to my eye the last 8 weeks

Your are correct.  They rolled the dice on their 2 young DE's to develop and so far it's a fail. Obviously we weren't expecting both Von & Groot to get injured. Jerry would've really helped. Now we're in pass rush hell. Shaq has held his own as has Ed & DaQ. I think Leslie will be dialing up more 5 man rushes with Milano because of everything. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Jerry Hughes looks mad in Houston
49 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Eh, no.  He was here up to and including last season.  He was part of all the recent playoff teams. 

Yes I'm aware, but when you spend what? 9 years with a team and they begin to win in your 8th year there, you did move on when they began to win, not before. 

Not that this argument has any actual value.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I don’t think we can call the Texans and ask for that after the trade deadline.  I think that would be a form of tampering.

Hughes would also have to pass through waivers as it is after the trade deadline.

Would he? He's a veteran.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Southern_Bills said:

Yes I'm aware, but when you spend what? 9 years with a team and they begin to win in your 8th year there, you did move on when they began to win, not before. 

Not that this argument has any actual value.

Still no.  The Bills have been winning for several years dude.  Jerry played in the playoffs in 2017, 2019, 2020, and 2021.  Nine years and 4 winning season with playoffs.   Keep making crap up though.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.