Week 12: Around the NFL (i.e. NOT a rag on the Bills thread)

Ridgewaycynic2013

33 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I’m happy the ravens lost but how was that Marvin jones td catch considered legitimate? 

Looked like a catch to me. It looked good live and when it was over analyzed in slow mo it seemed questionable. Gotta go with the call on the field. It was definitely weird but I think it’s a catch. 

58 minutes ago, Golden said:

Our offense appears to lack conviction & confidence during the course of games.  

It is really lacking a flow and rhythm.  Josh and Dorsey need to go back to the Dink and Dunk offense instead of either throwing to the flat or throwing deep.  Both have not been working.

I am so sick of injuries for every team.    I am sure it’s just I am more sensitive to it due to the Bills but honestly I’d pay a good sum of money to just see every player finish the season and see who is the best darn team.   

-watching Eagles-Packers and less than 3 minutes in a guy goes down.   

Edited by JohnnyBuffalo
Reason for post-

• Simon unpinned this topic
20 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

And the Jets are @MIN and the Chiefs are @CIN. Things get interesting next week. 

If we could just hammer the Pats**** on Thursday, man, that would be a nice, relaxing weekend of watching football stress-free.

Dolphins cruise to an easy win over the Texans. Tua pulled out of action in the 3rd quarter. I think it's time to seriously think this team is for real. Not really a Tua believer but there's something about him. He is a winner and the players believe in him. He brings out the dawg in his players. Tua as a Dolphin primary starter is 8-0. Couple that with great coaches and two outstanding WRs with a formidable defense. No doubt a new rivalry and tough challenger for the Bills for years to come. Never thought I'd say it but he could win the MVP if this continues. What a story that would be. It's time to give Tua credit. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

The point is they aren’t the world beaters that people portray them to be

They are 9-2 with sub par WRs and RBs. Have the best QB on planet earth and an unstoppable TE. One is the best Olines in the league. A sub par defense that is beatable. An experienced and creative coach especially on the offensive side of the ball. They are proven winners who know how to win and have a ring to prove it. I could careless about a "world beaters" mentally. Not long ago the Bills were the "world beaters." Everyone was on their jock. I loved it!!! The media attention, props, love, accolades, positives, etc. The Allen MVP talk...It was intoxicating. I never once complained about it. In fact, I wanted more. How about you? 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

They are 9-2 with sub par WRs and RBs. Have the best QB on planet earth and an unstoppable TE. One is the best Olines in the league. A sub par defense that is beatable. An experienced and creative coach especially on the offensive side of the ball. They are proven winners who know how to win and have a ring to prove it. I could care less about a "world beaters" mentally. Not long ago the Bills were the "world beaters." Everyone was on their jock. I loved it!!! The media attention, props, love, accolades, positives, etc. The Allen MVP talk...It was intoxicating. I never once complained about it. In fact, I wanted more. How about you? 

They are certainly a very good team, no doubt about it. If/when they lose it will probably be because of the defense. I think they will play again in the playoffs and of course I want that game to be in Buffalo. I firmly don’t believe that it is already set in stone that the Chiefs will have home field throughout the playoffs. They may, but there’s a lot of football left to play and I don’t believe the Chiefs are going undefeated the rest of the season

that being said we have also seen what Buffalo is capable of. If the team can get healthy the Bills become extremely dangerous again (and they are already)

1 hour ago, VaMilBill said:

Mostly I’m speaking these last few weeks. Green Bay is mediocre, Jets are above average but have terrible QB play, Minnesota was very beatable, browns are bad and we’re with us to the end, Detroit…same story. 

We can’t put teams away and we blow games because of it. Defense isn’t very good this year probably due to injuries mostly. But if the offense can’t fix it, whatever “it” is, we will continue to struggle and have an early exit in the playoffs

Green Bay has been dealing with injuries as well, have beaten the mighty Cowboys, played most everyone though. Jets, nailed it I think on your assessment, same with Minn.  You mention D injuries as a likely culprit for our woes, yet neglect to mention O-line and QB injuries as possibly leading to some struggles. I think even some play calling for both O & D have been suspect as well.

A lot of season yet to play and with division games looming, most important part coming up. There’s time to fix, heal and get right though. Even in our struggles we’re winning, early exit is always possible with a great record, look at Tennessee. Enjoy the ride!

Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Imho, the offense is out of rhythm and out of sync far too much. The offense doesn't seem free flowing. Too many times I see it as a struggling offense. Not horrible, but nowhere near elite or close to what it needs to be come playoff time. Largely due to Allen's injuries, play calling and scheme, offensive line injuries and weakness, inconsistent WR play, poor red zone execution, inconsistent running,  and turnovers. The Bills have a month and a half to figure it out. If not they will be watching Mahomes playing in the Super Bowl again. 

8-3, is there anything right the offense does or can do? You didn’t mention blocking, running without tripping or dropping the ball…

8-3, it seems as though many think the team is horrible because they aren’t blowing out others by double digits. Look at the teams many are proclaiming to be the “best” teams now are they destroying others? Miami has squeaked out close games (I wish the Bills could win those close ones..😂), a “weak, Washington team without a QB” beat Philly. Struggles are all over the NFL If you actually look. For the Bills stop having the constant fear of the 2000’s Bills teams coming back into the field, they gone!

Go Bills!

1 hour ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

8-3, is there anything right the offense does or can do? You didn’t mention blocking, running without tripping or dropping the ball…

8-3, it seems as though many think the team is horrible because they aren’t blowing out others by double digits. Look at the teams many are proclaiming to be the “best” teams now are they destroying others? Miami has squeaked out close games (I wish the Bills could win those close ones..😂), a “weak, Washington team without a QB” beat Philly. Struggles are all over the NFL If you actually look. For the Bills stop having the constant fear of the 2000’s Bills teams coming back into the field, they gone!

Go Bills!

I'm sorry if you didn't like or agree with what I said. Instead of asking derogatory questions why don't you tell me what I said that was inaccurate. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm sorry if you didn't like or agree with what I said. Instead of asking derogatory questions why don't you tell me what I said that was inaccurate. 

Where do you see a derogatory question? Just asked if the O can do anything right? You are spit balling and seeing what sticks, “Largely due to…..” an entire list of what offense functions. Hence an ability to say what is “inaccurate”, can you? 

Other than that, the rest is more rhetorical I reckon.  

Go Bills!

If it wasn't for most of the secondary being out for most of the season and our two Pro Bowl LBs missing games every other week and same goes for the DL I think this team is easily 11-0 right now and that is against a top 3 toughest schedule . We are still 8-3 and the 3 losses are a grand total of 8 points combined if we can just get healthy I think we can run the table. KEY word is HEALTHY. Please 🙏 LORD bless the Buffalo Bills with great HEALTH and no more injuries for the rest of the season. 

Ps. Is it just me or do any of you get as annoyed by the so called experts who act like Buffalo hasn't been missing half there starters on Defense all season I hate all 3 of those fluke losses the Vikings lost hurt more then I thought it would cause we should've blown them out

23 hours ago, ganesh said:

And so do the Bills...Road games against your division is never easy and you are also playing against Bellichek.  Go Bills !

It’s the last of our division road games though…this is pretty tin foil hat-y but the schedules almost seem like they were created to keep the afc east close for as long as they could lol bills had a tough start with all the road afc east games in a row too.  Miami got a bunch of layups in a row midseason then a really tough stretch late. 

On 11/27/2022 at 7:50 PM, zow2 said:

They said on all the preseason shows that the AFC West might be the strongest division ever in the NFL.  It isn’t, but the AFC East might actually be!  that’s pretty crazy.

As explained on TV, any portion of the leg above the ankle touching in bounds in the end zone = two feet.

Sounds like something Rex Ryan would like 

tip your waiter-try the veal😁

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.