Week 12: Around the NFL (i.e. NOT a rag on the Bills thread)

Ridgewaycynic2013

9 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Mostly I’m speaking these last few weeks. Green Bay is mediocre, Jets are above average but have terrible QB play, Minnesota was very beatable, browns are bad and we’re with us to the end, Detroit…same story. 

We can’t put teams away and we blow games because of it. Defense isn’t very good this year probably due to injuries mostly. But if the offense can’t fix it, whatever “it” is, we will continue to struggle and have an early exit in the playoffs

Ok coach

2 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Crazy how strong the AFCE has performed this year. Although it doesn’t seem like the division gets much respect still. Although I don’t really watch ESPN or NFLN so I could be wrong

difference between 2nd seed and fifth seed is pretty big

28 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Wait, I’ve read on here that KC is practically unstoppable and they score a touchdown every time they get the ball…they didn’t just kick 4 field goals did they? 

This is probably a totally different situation than when the Bills kicked 6 field goals and the sky was falling, right? 

And a red zone interception.  Mahomes sucks.

8 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Crazy how strong the AFCE has performed this year. Although it doesn’t seem like the division gets much respect still. Although I don’t really watch ESPN or NFLN so I could be wrong

They said on all the preseason shows that the AFC West might be the strongest division ever in the NFL.  It isn’t, but the AFC East might actually be!  that’s pretty crazy.

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

I’m happy the ravens lost but how was that Marvin jones td catch considered legitimate? 

As explained on TV, any portion of the leg above the ankle touching in bounds in the end zone = two feet.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

As explained on TV, any portion of the leg above the ankle touching in bounds in the end zone = two feet.

I think an interesting part of this is how two feet = both feet touching in bounds (2 toe tips = 2 feet).

Yet when a receiver makes a catch and has one foot in, a heel on the ground and the toe is OB, it's not a catch. 

Never understood the logic behind that. 

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Golden said:

Our offense appears to lack conviction & confidence during the course of games.  

Imho, the offense is out of rhythm and out of sync far too much. The offense doesn't seem free flowing. Too many times I see it as a struggling offense. Not horrible, but nowhere near elite or close to what it needs to be come playoff time. Largely due to Allen's injuries, play calling and scheme, offensive line injuries and weakness, inconsistent WR play, poor red zone execution, inconsistent running,  and turnovers. The Bills have a month and a half to figure it out. If not they will be watching Mahomes playing in the Super Bowl again. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Hmm...Mahomes with a bad RZ INT and they have been bad in the RZ today. 

But it's cool cause its the Chiefs right?

56 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Wait, I’ve read on here that KC is practically unstoppable and they score a touchdown every time they get the ball…they didn’t just kick 4 field goals did they? 

This is probably a totally different situation than when the Bills kicked 6 field goals and the sky was falling, right? 

They are the team to beat in the AFC. 

38 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Fins, Jets and Chiefs all have very difficult road games next week. They could all lose. 

And so do the Bills...Road games against your division is never easy and you are also playing against Bellichek.  Go Bills !

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Part of it is they’ve got a pretty good OL so they aren’t keeping a TE and RB in to block or chip

A good oline would be great for Allen to have. Maybe Beane might try to work on that a tiny bit more in future drafts and pick ups. Saffold has been rather disappointing. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.