Week 12: Around the NFL (i.e. NOT a rag on the Bills thread)

Ridgewaycynic2013

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Watch out for the Hail Murray! 

That was some horrid clock management. They had one timeout and Prater has the leg to hit from 60. 2 really slow developing plays and nothing ...

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Kliff Kingsbury might be heading back to campus 

Something makes me think he'd enjoy that more.

• Like (+1) 1

Wait, I’ve read on here that KC is practically unstoppable and they score a touchdown every time they get the ball…they didn’t just kick 4 field goals did they? 

This is probably a totally different situation than when the Bills kicked 6 field goals and the sky was falling, right? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

Cardinals had 12 seconds and a timeout to get into FG range. Bolts rushed 2, spied with 1, and played legit coverage with the other 8. Game over. And a much different approach to what Leslie Frazier would do in the same situation (rush 4, everyone else 20 yards back).

13 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

If this isn't sarcasm I really feel sorry for you bud.

It isn’t sarcasm. And I think it’s somewhat realistic. Our offense has been very ineffective. No consistent drives. We are eeking out wins against bad teams these last few weeks and have also blown some games in spectacular fashion. 

I think we make the playoffs, but if something doesn’t change, we will not win the division 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

It isn’t sarcasm. And I think it’s somewhat realistic. Our offense has been very ineffective. No consistent drives. We are eeking out wins against bad teams these last few weeks and have also blown some games in spectacular fashion. 

I think we make the playoffs, but if something doesn’t change, we will not win the division 

What is the record of those bad teams (Detroit in playoff hunt..) and the also the teams we have lost to? Narrow margins as well?? I can’t recall…

• Dislike 1

Our offense appears to lack conviction & confidence during the course of games.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

That "go for two instead of tie" strategy is going to break someone's heart 

I hope it's not ours!

Our team rarely stops the other team from scoring 2 when they attempt it...  would love to see some stats on this since the McDermott era began.. seems like the other team converts 80% of the time...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

What is the record of those bad teams (Detroit in playoff hunt..) and the also the teams we have lost to? Narrow margins as well?? I can’t recall…

Mostly I’m speaking these last few weeks. Green Bay is mediocre, Jets are above average but have terrible QB play, Minnesota was very beatable, browns are bad and we’re with us to the end, Detroit…same story. 

We can’t put teams away and we blow games because of it. Defense isn’t very good this year probably due to injuries mostly. But if the offense can’t fix it, whatever “it” is, we will continue to struggle and have an early exit in the playoffs

Mostly I’m speaking these last few weeks. Green Bay is mediocre, Jets are above average but have terrible QB play, Minnesota was very beatable, browns are bad and we’re with us to the end, Detroit…same story. 

We can’t put teams away and we blow games because of it. Defense isn’t very good this year probably due to injuries mostly. But if the offense can’t fix it, whatever “it” is, we will continue to struggle and have an early exit in the playoffs

Please give it a rest.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.