Week 12: Around the NFL (i.e. NOT a rag on the Bills thread)

Ridgewaycynic2013

11 minutes ago, balln said:

Yea he said it- he’d have to nail it this past draft for them to get where they want to go. 

I would say Bernard is an absolute miss of a 3rd round (based on value)

cook is meh 

elam is meh 

shakir I think will be pretty good Josh reed or Robert woods type 

benford has def been worth it for the value 

but they haven’t absolutely nailed any of the picks . And I just fear this FO get so in love / married to their picks pre draft

HATE the Bernard pick.  Hated it then … hate it even more now.  No clue what the thought process was there. 

Elam has looked good when he’s out there.  Not sure we can judge him negatively because he never played zone in college and got hurt.  He shut ish down in the 4th when we needed to emergency sub him in. 

Cook was a luxury pick for this year.  Will likely become a big contributor starting next year.   Understand frustration in using a 2nd on a RB you don’t use heavily immediately. 

Shakir is another guy who likely grows in the offense as the main slot next year.  Dorsey actually has to show some creativity if we ever want to maximize his ability. 

Benford hopefully gets transitioned to Safety for next year and could end up being an even better pick than the solid depth corner he is now.  

Draft is heavily TBD, but I’d agree that they seemed to pick guys for the future more so than to help this year… which is fine, until your OL is playing at a mediocre level and you’re down to 4 WR’s. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Received an email from Peacock announcing their riveting Sunday night schedule for Dec.  Wow this will keep me up every week.  Think maybe this week they will be announcing which games will be moved to Saturday Dec 17th.  Think a good chance Bills-Fish game is one of them.

image.thumb.png.9ff47d3c0709a1b8cbbc93d2609836f3.png

It's not just Sunday night. It's every week. This is by far the least talented set of teams I've ever seen in the league. I can't think of more than a few games all year that jumped off the schedule

4 minutes ago, balln said:

Just waiting for bills to play a complete game (mostly on offense). They’ve been jittery / sloppy ALL YEAR part of our entire game. 

chiefs and dolphins O are absolutely humming 

all about improving and playing best football this time of year

TEN still has no kicker

I can't stand seeing Miami turn things around in 1 year. While we "trust the process". I watch them and KC and it seems like they can just score at will. I miss debol, and good health. 

3 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

KC has the best QB on the planet. Tua throws 5-6 passes every game where it can be picked. SF doesn’t miss gifts like that. Niners will be favored by at least 6 and will win by double digits. Of course I’m biased since I think the Niners win the SB and put a pretty good amount of $ on them to win it al at +1800 when Lance got hurt and Jimmy took back over

I hear you. and i think SF will beat them.  But people just assuming Miami won’t move the ball or McDaniels will call the exact same plays that Shanahan knows, is kind of reaching. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’d say yes, blowout for Bills. Texans can cure a lot of ills ; they’re just baaad

I'm going to say the Bills would start slow but by the end of the game they'd have 27. Not by halftime. I think Bills play to the level of their opponent based on the eye test. Nothing factual. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

It’s not unrealistic, but there’s a lot of football yet to be played. 

I think they could very well

win the east. The next three games for Miami will be tough tho

Just now, Amaru523 said:

Again, let's wait and see how the next 3 weeks play out, you know, when they play teams that actually have a pulse.

No no no, you always project the worst possible senario into the future. 

The Bills lose out, Josh Allen retires to raise goats in Montana, Terry sells the team to Canadian Tire and move to Oshawa. Mark it down! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

Still a Bills msg board. The Bills beat themselves against the Jets. And your point about Miami steam rolling their way to the SB is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard here. That's was "cool cool cool". 

Exactly, so the Dolphins are steam rolling their way to the Super Bowl because they're blowing out the worst team in the league? Talk about a hot take. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.