Khalil Shakir's pic on a milk carton

Dan Darragh

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Yes how else would we be 8-3 without Cole Beasley?

Let’s be honest, the people who keep bringing up Beasley are the epitome of just wanting to argue. They are the same people who if the Bills had kept Beasley would be complaining that he’s hurt, he’s not getting enough yards, he’s taking away snaps from McKenzie/Shakir…they’re very predictable 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Much like Sky Moore on the Chiefs, it’s kinda hard for rookies to make an impact on a loaded roster of a Super Bowl contender. 

Even if we are down a WR or two… unless Davis and Diggs are out, there simply isn’t the target share to go around. Add in the fact that we’ve been trying to run more and throw less the last few weeks and it makes perfect sense he’s nowhere to be found. 

Diggs/Davis/McKenzie/Knox are the passing offense. 

Edited by bobobonators
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

And if you believe it would be over if he stayed with the Bills I guess you can have fun with that thought.

I believe that he was declining and so do about 30 other NFL teams.  

He has played in 2 games for Tampa this season, 4 receptions for 17 yards.   

Edited by Bob in STL

1 minute ago, The Red King said:

Yes, because Beasley showed how much he had left in his tank before Tampa cut him. 🙄

Yeah, right. Remind me again…when did Beasley sign with Tampa? How familiar was he with the system?

But we have McKenzie’s 2 good games a year and Shakir’s 0 good games a year to fall back on. Those guys are amazing.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This coaching staff keeps rookies on a very short leash. 
I think Shakir and McKenzie’s snap count is getting closer to a 60/40. Maybe that leads to Shakir having a “breakout” game soon. 

McKenzie's snap count has varied greatly from game to game, according to what personnel sets the Bills are using that game.  vs the Browns, it hit a season low of 40%, 26 snaps; Detroit was a season high of 73% (56 snaps), but overall he's been rocking a fairly steady 37 snaps per game (55%).

Shakir's has too, of course, leading to his season-high of 34 snaps with the 3 guys ahead of him all playing vs. Detroit, but overall, he's been playing a relatively steady average of 16 snaps per game. 

Maybe if Shakir is able to do something with the 16 snaps per game he's getting, he'll get more.

Edited by Beck Water

Just now, Bob in STL said:

I believe that he was declining and so do about 30 other NFL teams.  

Well, he moved the sticks 34 times last season. He moved the sticks 37 in his first year as a Bill.

We all know what happened and why he isn’t here. And I won’t get into that.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Yeah, right. Remind me again…when did Beasley sign with Tampa? How familiar was he with the system?

But we have McKenzie’s 2 good games a year and Shakir’s 0 good games a year to fall back on. Those guys are amazing.

Take off the nostalgia goggles.  Players drop off over time.  The Beasley we'd have this season isn't the same as last season or the one before.  If he was, some team would have snapped him up and stuck with him.  Sadly, like any other player, in any other sport, his ability dropped off with age.  It's why we don't re-sign Bruce Smith right now to bolster our D-line.  Blame Father Time.

• Agree 1

Just now, Beast said:

Well, he moved the sticks 34 times last season. He moved the sticks 37 in his first year as a Bill.

He was fantastic then.   Now he no longer moves the sticks for any team.   Reality can be harsh at times.  

6 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Let’s be honest, the people who keep bringing up Beasley are the epitome of just wanting to argue. They are the same people who if the Bills had kept Beasley would be complaining that he’s hurt, he’s not getting enough yards, he’s taking away snaps from McKenzie/Shakir…they’re very predictable 

I’m sure that’s what “they” are after. 🙄🙄

It has nothing to do with a lack of decent slot play since he left. 

I get it, you’re a hater. 👍

Just silly to have such strong personal feelings associated with a retired ex-player and the fans who expected OBD to have a plan for slot once he left. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

He was fantastic then.   Now he no longer moves the sticks for any team.   Reality can be harsh at times.  

Yea, the reality is harsh.

That reality being that neither of our slot guys can carry Cole Beasley’s jock.

3 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

I’m sure that’s what “they” are after. 🙄🙄

It has nothing to do with a lack of decent slot play since he left. 

I get it, you’re a hater. 👍

Just silly to have such strong personal feelings associated with a retired ex-player and the fans who expected OBD to have a plan for slot once he left. 

People pointing out that his skills have declined and that every other team in the NFL feels the same is "strong feelings"?

I like the guy.  I liked what he did here.  But, as I pointed out above, everyone's skills decline over time.

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I mean that's obvious.  That's why Cole is playing so well for...wait...who is he playing for right now? 🤔

Edited by The Red King
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I dunno but he has played 25% of the snaps on the season and 44% of the snaps against Detroit.  Got his second biggest opportunity of the season against Detroit and did nothing with it.  Dude is invisible.

Do you think McKenzie should have sat more against Detroit?

Just now, Beast said:

TRUE.   We have not successfully replaced him.  You are correct on that point.   No one is arguing that. 

You are wrong to believe that he is the same player he was 2 and 3 seasons ago.  He is not.  If he was, he would be showing that on the field.  

Let it go. 

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

As I said... either he isnt getting open or Josh doesnt want to throw him the ball.  There is nothing else it can be.

Or that Diggs and Davis are better options. Or the plays aren't designed for our 5th round rookie, instead for our top flight players. It can be something else, or a combination of things. I'd rather passes go to Diggs, Davis and Knox first.

15 minutes ago, Beast said:

He didn't want to be here is a big reason why. Plus he's retired, another big reason.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.