Protests Breaking Out Across China

Tiberius

Another interesting development.  Apple has disabled Airdrop, but only in China.  How effed up is that?  

They allow TikTok, even though they know that China is using it to gather information. 

Hopefully Elon starts a smart phone company.

Its long past due that American citizens start voting with their dollars, because that is the vote that really counts.

5 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Another interesting development.  Apple has disabled Airdrop, but only in China.  How effed up is that?  

They allow TikTok, even though they know that China is using it to gather information. 

Hopefully Elon starts a smart phone company.

Its long past due that American citizens start voting with their dollars, because that is the vote that really counts.

This country is addicted to apple like heroin junkies 

The dream is over, I'm afraid 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Holding his tongue?  What does this mean? Why is he “holding his tongue”?

To not rile China more than he has on Taiwan. I may disagree with it but that's why. China is a danger. 

12 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Trump?  Why bring up Trump?  What does he have to do with this?  🙄

We brought up Biden and DeSantis and their reactions to China's totalitarianism. Trump was president so his reaction matters too. The point is: US presidents need to be more circumspect than state governors. 

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

To not rile China more than he has on Taiwan. I may disagree with it but that's why. China is a danger. 

We brought up Biden and DeSantis and their reactions to China's totalitarianism. Trump was president so his reaction matters too. The point is: US presidents need to be more circumspect than state governors

Or Presidential candidates...

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

I'm not totally convinced he's running though he may but they can say crazy ***** too. Inauguration day is when things get real. 

I'm talking about Joke prior to the 2020 election.  Talking about MBS and how he was a pariah and all that.  And when he gets the chance...he turtles.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm talking about Joke prior to the 2020 election.  Talking about MBS and how he was a pariah and all that.  And when he gets the chance...he turtles.

The Saudis hate Biden for his criticism and are making him pay for it. 

Trump and Kushner, however...

Just now, Sundancer said:

The Saudis hate Biden for his criticism and are making him pay for it. 

Trump and Kushner, however...

Yup.  He should have been more circumspect.  Now we're all paying the price, literally.

Just now, Brueggs said:

Pretty quiet on the Lib front.  

I suspect they are wrestling with the hypocrisy seeing it come full circle.  

It would be comical if nations weren't literally getting wrecked over it.

They haven't been told how to feelz about it.  They're conflicted over the Chinese people protesting for democracy and against lockdowns.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

They haven't been told how to feelz about it.  They're conflicted over the Chinese people protesting for democracy and against lockdowns.

That seems about right. 

I love this White House statement... "We've long said everyone has the right to peacefully protest, here in the United States, and around the world.  This includes in the PRC".  

Are they insinuating that they have the power to tell other nations what their citizens have a right to do?  If the PRC keeps going, they might have to paint it as an "insurrection"...  

Why does it seem like Leftists constantly contradict themselves with their hypocrisy?

Because they base their arguments on emotion instead of logic, so there is never any congruency to their positions…

It’s always “Whatever feels good to me now” or “Whatever gives me a political advantage on this topic”, and we will just deal with the next issue when it comes…

They don’t seem to have a set of values that they apply to all issues…

That’s why they can support (or pretend to) the Covid protestors in China but be against the Covid protestors in Canada…They can be against Nazis in America, but support Nazis in Ukraine…They claim to be for free speech, unless it disagrees with their speech…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Brueggs said:

Pretty quiet on the Lib front.  

I suspect they are wrestling with the hypocrisy seeing it come full circle.  

It would be comical if nations weren't literally getting wrecked over it.

Love these manufactured controversies that only play within the cult.

smfh

Back to China 

XI JINPING UNMASKED: 

The Tiananmen Tiger Stalks the Chinese Communist Government.

Throughout the country protesters — some wearing surgical masks– stand before cellphone cameras and raise blank sheets of white paper.

Right — white empty space. To paraphrase Cool Hand Luke, sometimes nothing is a real cool message. The blank sheets simultaneously satirize and defy the CCP’s malignant state censorship.

My translation of the blank: “We Chinese citizens say nothing yet you CCP tyrants fear our thoughts.” The empty page attacks the CCP’s systemic truth denial. 

Check it out.

https://strategypage.com/on_point/202211309119.aspx

On 11/30/2022 at 6:17 PM, nedboy7 said:

Here’s a look at free speech absolutist Elon Musk’s ties to Chinese censorship...

https://www.fastcompany.com/90817476/free-speech-absolutist-elon-musk-ties-to-chinese-censorship

Where in this slanted hit piece article does it demonstrate anything close to what Apple has done?  Some Tesla's had problems, and the guy couldn't see his Twitter responses.  That isn't even close to preventing citizens from communicating without government oversight.