Edmunds vs. AJ Klein

SBbeliever

8 hours ago, SBbeliever said:

For whatever reason, I feel "safer" with Klein playing MLB.  He's slower but experienced.  He makes plays with his mind.  So glad he is back!

Klein is fine depth. Edmunds is, at times, a star. He’s having his best season in a Bills uniform. Please don’t be crazy. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There were a few throws last week over Klein's outstretched fingertips that would have been tipped by Edmunds or the throw wouldn't have been made due to his presence there.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Klein is fine depth. Edmunds is, at times, a star. He’s having his best season in a Bills uniform. Please don’t be crazy. 

Klein was all over the place for the Bills on D especially early. He can have an important role for them, but his strength isn't in coverage, it's tracking ballcarriers and getting through traffic.

He is a good player when used to maximize his strengths.

Edited by Big Turk

27 minutes ago, Ta111 said:

That’s all well and good, but we live in a passing league and you need to be proficient against the pass. There’s no comparison between the two in pass defense. Edmunds is light years better.

I was being sarcastic.  Edmunds is critical to this defense.  After the last couple weeks of his absence he may be the most important player.  Not the best player, that’s either Milano or Poyer, but the most important one.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Not just cook edmunds look good against king Henry to

Edmunds is one of four LBers in the league(Barr, Campbell, Warner) with the size to make Henry’s stiff arm useless. It’s a big help on the edge. For some reason he also seems to up his game against the guy. Makes me wonder if McD/Frazier tell him it’s Henry first instead of pass first against the titans. 

26 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

There were a few throws last week over Klein's outstretched fingertips that would have been tipped by Edmunds or the throw wouldn't have been made due to his presence there.

Happened in the Vikings game. Cousins was having fits with Edmunds length and range. Two tips and a few poorly arched balls. 

Let's give props to Mr Klein. He was on his 3rd team this year, the team had just one practice, and he played all game and pretty well too!

Milano was strangely bad against the pass vs the Lions. He's been my favorite on defense but it was not his best game. No, I don't think it's because Edmunds was out. Though these two indeed are good at taking away most crossing routes,

I recall some snaps last year against heavy run teams with all three LBs (Edmunds-Milano-Klein) on the field. I hope they do at times again.

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

Until he starts covering Justin Jefferson, Amari Cooper, and Amon-Ra St Brown, I won’t start caring.

You understand he takes away a lot of the middle routes which allow our CBs to focus on outside / deeper routes. We have been getting torched on those middle routes since he has been out.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, FireChans said:

Until he starts covering Justin Jefferson, Amari Cooper, and Amon-Ra St Brown, I won’t start caring.

Jefferson is a top three receiver in the league, St. Brown is emerging as a top receiver, Cooper is an established vet who has played a long time.

I also think they probably wouldn't have been as explosive if we had a fully healthy Tre, which could be a ways off is history is any indication.

Klein is well better than what we had at LB, not sure why they let him walk in the first place, but as an Edmunds hater, I even laugh at the idea of him being better than Edmunds. 

It took Edmunds 5 years to make a noticeable difference, but he’s finally doing it, I’m guessing he must finally be old enough to go to the bars so he’s getting great coaching from Bills fans now.

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

What half of the Vikings game did Delvin Cook break out that 81 yard run?

Just because Edmunds wasn’t on the field for it doesn’t make him good against the run. His backup before Klein is obviously worse than either of them. But Dodson isn’t the argument here. 

10 hours ago, FireChans said:

Did you not watch Cooper and St. Brown carve us up in the middle of the field? That was a direct result of Edmunds being out of the lineup.

• Thank you (+1) 1