I've never seen Rick and Morty until recently

Pine Barrens Mafia

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I've not seen one single minute of it.

It's probably above your intelligence. It's a cartoon for smart people! 😂

Seriously, watch the first 4-5 episodes.  A single episode won't do it justice. 

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

There's not even a single word in "Hungry for Apples" that's shared by "Got milk". It's a completely different slogan. 

Yes! Yes! Yes! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boyst said:

It's probably above your intelligence. It's a cartoon for smart people! 😂

I've tried. Everyone says that given the shows I like, I should love this one. I just can't get into it at all. Maybe because there isn't a single likeable main character in it, IMO. Maybe because the comedy is too broad for me. Dunno. Just didn't make it for me.

2 hours ago, The Dean said:

I've tried. Everyone says that given the shows I like, I should love this one. I just can't get into it at all. Maybe because there isn't a single likeable main character in it, IMO. Maybe because the comedy is too broad for me. Dunno. Just didn't make it for me.

I get your point about the characters. They built up Morty as someone to like and root for then you realized no way. Summer is a complete B word. The dad is about the only one on there who most fits in regular norms of society. The wife is over the top on what happened. 

My wife insists that someone on the show knows a vet to have all he jokes about veterinarians. 

13 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I hadn't either until my youngest bought me a DVD set of it a few years ago and made me watch some.

I thought it was really funny. Rick is hysterical.

39 minutes ago, boyst said:

My wife insists that someone on the show knows a vet to have all he jokes about veterinarians. 

Thought you'd appreciate the greatest song ever written about veterinarians:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

I hadn't either until my youngest bought me a DVD set of it a few years ago and made me watch some.

I thought it was really funny. Rick is hysterical.

Thought you'd appreciate the greatest song ever written about veterinarians:

Worked 30+ head of cattle today. Including a lot of young wild stuff. Definitely glady wife does small Animal and owns her own practice. Large animal suck. I was trampled, damn near gored and instead pined by a broad side of a horn against the chute, and kicked. Still have 11 more to go in an hour when the hauler is back.

My brother finally got his ass banged up too, he has always been lucky. He got headbutted and knocked 3'.  Had that same thing happen when a cow was in the headgate last Summer. Knocked me up and back 12 feet and all the wind out of me.

I ***** hate farming and cattle and all this *****. Bad luck weekend, too. First time ever knicking myself with a chainsaw, too. 

15 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

My wife can't follow it. Those early season episodes are so quaint in their simplicity. Wait till later.

3 hours ago, boyst said:

I get your point about the characters. They built up Morty as someone to like and root for then you realized no way. Summer is a complete B word. The dad is about the only one on there who most fits in regular norms of society. The wife is over the top on what happened. 

Keep watching and see where things go.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 hours ago, boyst said:

Worked 30+ head of cattle today. Including a lot of young wild stuff. Definitely glady wife does small Animal and owns her own practice. Large animal suck. I was trampled, damn near gored and instead pined by a broad side of a horn against the chute, and kicked. Still have 11 more to go in an hour when the hauler is back.

My brother finally got his ass banged up too, he has always been lucky. He got headbutted and knocked 3'.  Had that same thing happen when a cow was in the headgate last Summer. Knocked me up and back 12 feet and all the wind out of me.

I ***** hate farming and cattle and all this *****. Bad luck weekend, too. First time ever knicking myself with a chainsaw, too. 

Instead of losing a leg cutting limbs under tension, maybe you ought to use that Husqy to work cattle.

That oughta back em the ***** up

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/28/2022 at 8:16 AM, Not at the table Karlos said:

I tried to watch it a few times and just couldn't get into it

This happened to me too. Eventually I caught a couple episodes that made me want to see more.

Good show but it can be really hit or miss.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.