Rhodes signed to 53, Benford to IR

Process

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I view this as more the Bills wanted a vet in place of a rookie down the stretch and are using IR as a way to accomplish it.

Most likely Rhodes won't even see the field with White/Elam manning the outside. 

Good point though. You could do WAYYY worse than Rhodes as a backup cb. He was very good in his prime 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Most likely Rhodes won't even see the field with White/Elam manning the outside. 

Good point though.

Rhodes will definitely be playing tho, I don't see White playing full time yet

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, BBills_88 said:

I'm still a Jackson & Benford fan and believ they will be key contributors for the Bills. 

All our DB's need work locating & breaking up balls. They are always in position but they do not finish. 

May be opposing WR are physically and technically better than them.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

FWIW, yesterday at his presser, McD said Benford was week to week with an oblique injury.  

I did not catch that.   It could just be they like Rhodes better right now and Benford had an injury so he got sat down even it it was gonna just be a couple weeks. 

7 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I did not catch that.   It could just be they like Rhodes better right now and Benford had an injury so he got sat down even it it was gonna just be a couple weeks. 

Yeah could be.  Rousseau said last year was a long year being a rookie.  Curious if Benford is starting to hit that rookie wall as well.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He has looked better than Benford lately.

I view it as they want a vet presence back there because Benford has Ben making too many rookie mistakes.

Can't hurt having Tre back and lining up a former pro bowl vet on the other side. Might take some pressure off Dane as well.

7 hours ago, BBills_88 said:

I'm still a Jackson & Benford fan and believ they will be key contributors for the Bills. 

All our DB's need work locating & breaking up balls. They are always in position but they do not finish. 

I'm still a Jackson & Benford fan just because I'm a Bills fan.  But I've spent a lot time cursing both those guys - especially Dane - during the course of the season.   Neither has been good.

Although not as good an athlete, Jackson reminds me a bit of Leodis McKelvin.  Even when he has good position, he fails to stop the receiver from catching the ball. 

Too often though, unlike McKelvin, Jackson doesn't have good position.  I was surprised we entered the season with him as our #2 CB (I was hoping for a FA signing) and totally dismayed when he became the #1 with Tre's prolonged absence.  

Hopefully, with Tre coming back, we won't see Dane lining up against the other team's #1 wideout.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.