Rhodes signed to 53, Benford to IR

Process

14 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Do we save cap stashing him on IR? I know we’re tight

No, it's the opposite. When you put a player on IR, you count his whole cap hit. And then you need to add cap hit of player who replaces IR player.

Check out Sportrac. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Benford on IR counts, and so does Rhodes. He only has about 350k cap hit, but it is still 350k more than before when Benford was on the roster.

We are very close to zero cap space btw. We need someone to come back from IR asap otherwise Beane will need to restructure somebody.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Agree 1

On 11/26/2022 at 2:08 PM, Dick_Cheney said:

Oh thank god!

It was either this or signing a firefighter because of how often he was getting burned. 

While I like this kid and hope he has a great future as a Bill, this made me LOL and I thank you as I was in need of that today (also your not wrong)!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/26/2022 at 4:26 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d take my chances with Elam and Rhodes at this point over Dane Jackson. And I was a big Dane Jackson fan up until 3 weeks ago. They are going to start calling him Dane Cook’d soon if you don’t get him off the field 

He needs work in man coverage - He struggles when his eyes arent on the QB.  He was drafted as a zone corner.  His man coverage skills aren't terrible, he's usually in the right place, hes just late getting his head around.  Id even say his ball skills aren't terrible as he's usually trying to disrupt the catch point - but it's always been after the receiver catches it, not before.  At this point I think he needs the bench for a minute for a confidence boost.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.