Rhodes signed to 53, Benford to IR

Process

3 minutes ago, vincec said:

Sucks for Benford. I really hope Rhodes has something left in the tank.

He has looked better than Benford lately.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I doubt it’s part of the reasoning but at least it allows them to get a better look at Rhodes to see if we’re better off with he or Benford as depth come playoffs.  

I view it as they want a vet presence back there because Benford has Ben making too many rookie mistakes.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm positive we are hiding Benford on IR to sign the better player to the active roster. Great move.

Stash Benford on IR with White/Elam/Dane/Rhodes on the active roster. Could keep him there all year if they choose. In fact, they very well might.

• Like (+1) 2

Some fans here just can't be happy.  Success has brought expectations to completely unrealistic levels.  

Not too many 6th round rookie CBs are going to get the job done as a starter, especially with the schedule we played.   

Lets not forget that with Tre out Benford started the year as the #2 CB, he was ahead of Elam.  Everyone here liked him for awhile, then the pass rush went from great to ok, and now he and all of our CBs look average at best - which is exactly what they are. 

He is a promising player and he might project better as a safety.  

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.