Criticism of McD and coaching has reached insanity level…

eball

25 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Davis had the ball hit him.  He didn't catch it.  The ball was free.  So...that did happen.   It was a (coaching) mistake to put him out there.

You also ducked the question.  Let me make it easier.  Do you think McD made a mistake putting a guy that regularly drops the ball out on his hands-team.  Yes or no.  You even get the benefit of hindsight on this one.

His #2 WR should be on the field.  If you're arguing that Davis should not be #2 that's fine.  Should he also bench his quarterback that's thrown more interceptions than anyone?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

this is the LAMP post.  Whining about your negativity not being coddled. 

Exactly. I'm tired of all this LAMP bull crap. If someone want to talk about the Bills, this is a good place to do it. Yet people sabotage a post and side track the conversation by calling it a LAMP post/ thread. Who the Funk cares?  Yeah God forbid someone post something positive. That positive dude sucks lol. No place in this world for positivity anymore. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, eball said:

I know, I know, it’s a message board and not everyone has to agree about everything.  Debate and discussion are good.  It just seems to me that the coaching of this team is being questioned at an insane level.  The Bills are 8-3 and within 11 points of being undefeated.  Every starter on defense has missed time; they have not played ONE game with their presumed starting secondary intact.  Allen has a bum elbow.  They got a total of TWO full practices in over the past two weeks and yet won two games in five days.

They beat the Rams on the road (before we knew the Rams would stink).  They crushed the Titans.  They won at Baltimore in a gritty way.  They won at KC.

What the hell do people think McD should have been doing that he has not?  I still hear “well, he’s not a good gameday coach.”  Really?  He is ranked as one of the best 4th down decision makers in the league.  His time management has been stellar, saving timeouts for use at the ends of halves where the Bills have been excellent.

Should he be calling plays?  Is it Dorsey everyone is really upset about?  Well, Dorse is also learning on the job, and maybe I’m naive but I think it has been hard to gameplan the past two weeks with only two practices.  And yet, the offense is still putting up yards and points at very high levels.  The last couple of weeks the running game has showed up as well.

Summing up — I don’t get it.  At all.  And as far as I know, not one of you is in the locker room or on the practice field with this team.  My conclusion is that there are a lot of keyboard warriors with way too much time on their hands who expect 14-point wins weekly.  I would love to hear, specifically, what decisions some believe McD has made or not made that are responsible for the “predicament” we find ourselves in (tied for 1st).

I’m going to continue to enjoy this ride, knowing my team is one of the best in the league and still has every opportunity to bring home the ultimate prize.  I’m thrilled McD is our HC and Beane is our GM.

Go Bills!  17 and 3, BABY!!!!

11 points. Crazy...good post!!

44 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Exactly. I'm tired of all this LAMP bull crap. If someone want to talk about the Bills, this is a good place to do it. Yet people sabotage a post and side track the conversation by calling it a LAMP post/ thread. Who the Funk cares?  Yeah God forbid someone post something positive. That positive dude sucks lol. No place in this world for positivity anymore. 

Check how many of my threads are called LAMP by certain people? 

This was tongue in cheek as a response to what is called a LAMP thread 

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

We are 2-2 our last four games.  In those games our point differential is just +4.  Josh has thrown an alarming number of red-zone ints.

At the moment the wheels are coming off the bus.  It falls on the coaching staff to right the ship.

If we were 8-3 while looking good with an odd loss here or there people wouldn't be as worried.  This is now the fourth straight game they have not looked right.

Case in point, look how Pitt. started two years ago (11-0 I think?).  Then the team fell into a slump at the end of the season and got crushed by the Browns for a one-and-done in the playoffs.

They were a fraud at 11-0, that was often discussed. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Poor you.  You are so misunderstood.  

Not for nothing, the Bills now have a far more balanced offense with an effective ground game for the first time in quite a while, and McD/Dorsey deserve credit for that. This last Thursday, without Mitch Morse, and losing Dawkins in the third, Singletary averaged 5.1 ypc on 14 carries. Including Allen, the Bills carried the ball 29 times. Cook is getting involved more on offense, with two carries, and two receptions, and now Hines is getting worked into the mix. 

Bills fans sometimes have a very selective memory when it comes to what they were complaining about just a season ago.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Was gonna say the same.   People are putting way too much stock of their lives into a game and getting pretty toxic about it. 

Been saying this for a while now. I don’t come here quite as often. It’s so weird that after those wins, this place is still so negative. Sometimes this place sucks. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Been saying this for a while now. I don’t come here quite as often. It’s so weird that after those wins, this place is still so negative. Sometimes this place sucks. 

Since I've starting to put the most egregiously trolling posters on "ignore", it's much better to be on the board.

It was getting to the point I couldn't take it anymore.  I still avoid the GDTs other than a post or two.

It's not that I do the ignore to just listen to "homers.  Posters who post legitimate negative takes are fine and I encourage that.

What I won't deal with any more are the true trolls.  I wish others would do the same so they would get bored and just leave.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

12ne18.jpg

9 minutes ago, Mc1320 said:

Did you watch the last 13 seconds of the KC playoff game last year?

Or that debacle against Minnesota? That was one of the worst coached games ever, not just by a Bills coach but any coach.

I think the Ravens complete collapse against Miami in the 4th quarter this year with a huge lead was worse.  The Bills messed up two plays.  The Ravens messed up an entire quarter and lost when they were ahead 35-14.  Allowing 4 tds while only scoring 3.

Edited by Scott7975

7 hours ago, eball said:

I know, I know, it’s a message board and not everyone has to agree about everything.  Debate and discussion are good.  It just seems to me that the coaching of this team is being questioned at an insane level.  The Bills are 8-3 and within 11 points of being undefeated.  Every starter on defense has missed time; they have not played ONE game with their presumed starting secondary intact.  Allen has a bum elbow.  They got a total of TWO full practices in over the past two weeks and yet won two games in five days.

They beat the Rams on the road (before we knew the Rams would stink).  They crushed the Titans.  They won at Baltimore in a gritty way.  They won at KC.

What the hell do people think McD should have been doing that he has not?  I still hear “well, he’s not a good gameday coach.”  Really?  He is ranked as one of the best 4th down decision makers in the league.  His time management has been stellar, saving timeouts for use at the ends of halves where the Bills have been excellent.

Should he be calling plays?  Is it Dorsey everyone is really upset about?  Well, Dorse is also learning on the job, and maybe I’m naive but I think it has been hard to gameplan the past two weeks with only two practices.  And yet, the offense is still putting up yards and points at very high levels.  The last couple of weeks the running game has showed up as well.

Summing up — I don’t get it.  At all.  And as far as I know, not one of you is in the locker room or on the practice field with this team.  My conclusion is that there are a lot of keyboard warriors with way too much time on their hands who expect 14-point wins weekly.  I would love to hear, specifically, what decisions some believe McD has made or not made that are responsible for the “predicament” we find ourselves in (tied for 1st).

I’m going to continue to enjoy this ride, knowing my team is one of the best in the league and still has every opportunity to bring home the ultimate prize.  I’m thrilled McD is our HC and Beane is our GM.

Go Bills!  17 and 3, BABY!!!!

Nice LAMP post @eball:lol:

Some of the complaints are certainly over the top but they will most likely be the 5th seed in the AFC after 14 weeks when the Dolphins beat the Texans tomorrow.

Because they came out flat after the bye......consistent with their annual mid-season slumps that have dashed their home field advantage hopes in each of their prior 3 seasons.   Same thing happened in 2017.   Coaching is the common denominator.

And they did it by blowing big leads twice in the second half to fall out of the #1 seed and first place in the east.  

That is going to upset fans given SB favorite expectations and the importance the team itself has placed on earning the #1 seed.  

You know that.

It's also a good time to remind you that you quit your (26 year?) season tickets in disgust at the organization when they fired Rex and hired Sean McDermott.

People forget that the NFL season is a long and bumpy road.  The BIlls are very well coached team and it's obvious if you watch the NFL at all.  That doesn't mean that every decision or call is perfect.  People get too caught up in stupid narratives that are meaningless.  This is the best team that the Bills have had in the JA era IMO.  If they get healthy come playoff time anything is possible.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Red King said:

I'll bite.  This team no longer makes halftime adjustments at all, continuing to get torched by the same thing.  Defense is particularly bad for this.  Detroit shredded our bend but don't break D, and we changed nothing.

Offensively, Dorsey has been figured out, yet he refuses to adapt.  Be honest, how many offensive plays were you able to predict Thursday?  "Here comes a run."  If the screen keeps failing miserably, stop calling it!

The coaching is doing just enough to win, but a lot of it is our roster simply being just that good, even with injuries.

I'll also bite.  Does Frazier and his supposed "bend but don't break" defense get any credit for adjusting & throttling Nick Chubb last Sunday?  Chubb started out gashing us, then he really didn't do much in the 2nd half.  We kept kicking field goals, but the defense also kept stopping that Cleveland ground and pound as well. 

And Dorsey has now officially "been figured out"!?!?  Wouldn't that mean that Josh also has been figured out too?  Yet Josh & Diggs have made the clutch plays we needed in the last week to garner us two nice road W's, however expected they were by the Vegas line. 

All I have ever wanted out of my coaches is to do just enough to win.  Enjoy the ride, it can get bumpy from time to time, but nobody ever said it was going to be easy.  Go Bills!

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Yea I checked the GDT and noped out quick and just watched the game. 

34 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

t's also a good time to remind you that you quit your (26 year?) season tickets in disgust at the organization when they fired Rex and hired Sean McDermott.

Not.  What.  Happened.

But I know facts don’t concern you.

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

To be fair, just like Dorsey is learning on the fly, we have a generation of Bills fans that are learning how to be fans of a winning team, or are fans that forgot what it’s like to be a fan Of a winning team. Their default is to revert to “fire X” because they now have expectations that are totally out of whack. 

To be honest i think this applies more the other way around. So many fans are so desperate for the team to be relevant after the drought that they don't really care if the team wins the super bowl, they just want a playoff participation trophy. 

Josh Allen is so good the team should win multiple super bowls with him and the fact is McD single handedly cost us 1 last year with the worst coaching choke job in the history of the league -- worse than Pete Carroll not running at the goal line. 

But some fans are okay with that because they are okay just being relevant due to their low self esteem from the drought.

So many fans on this board have said themselves "i just want to win one", that's such a freaking loser mentality. Not everyone subscribes to that. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.