Criticism of McD and coaching has reached insanity level…

eball

Also, notice how the goalposts move.  Last year we were too dependent on blowout wins and had zero one-score victories proving that we couldn’t win close ones due to poor coaching.

This year we have 4 such wins, proving that we can’t pull away from teams due to poor coaching.

• Like (+1) 16
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Unfortunately everyone thought the first 2 games were the standard, not the exception. Heck, even losing by 2 in Miami with half our starting D in 105 degrees putting up 500 yards of offense was impressive. Nobody wants to see the lull that every team goes through.

Heck even Pats fans wanted to run Belicheck out the last 2 seasons.

McD has done an exceptional job with all the injuries the team is dealing with. Still in prime position to make a postseason push. Baltimore went through similar last season and immediately circled the toilet. 

Not this team 👍

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 2

So many people love these LAMP posts.  Anything negative is shouted down and we'll see 50 agrees/likes on this one.

Yes expectations are high.

Can we all agree that the losses were all bad in a # of ways.  The close win vs. Baltimore was a really bad start, weather affected and then slowly the Bills asserted themselves and a bad 4th down pick.  The KC win, they were the better team.

Now let's agree that injuries have had an affect on the Bills no doubt, but they too have not played well on either side and allowed b/c grade QBs to look way too good.

ready for the vomit, eyeroll and disagree emojis.🤣

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

So many people love these LAMP posts.  Anything negative is shouted down and we'll see 50 agrees/likes on this one.

Can we all agree that the losses were all bad in a # of ways.  The close win vs. Baltimore was a really bad start, weather affected and then slowly the Bills asserted themselves and a bad 4th down pick.  The KC win, they were the better team.

Now let's agree that injuries have had an affect on the Bills no doubt, but they too have not played well on either side and allowed b/c grade QBs to look way too good.

ready for the vomit, eyeroll and disagree emojis////🤣

Way to miss the point.  How has coaching let the Bills down?

• Like (+1) 5

There is definitely an enigma this season.  Probably just expectations based and people cant handle disappointment from not blowing every team out.  Even on twitter Sal C and another Bills guy said they had to start blocking people and that they dont like to do that but people were getting nasty with each other.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Way to miss the point.  How has coaching let the Bills down?

I was not commenting on the coaching, just how these type of threads are posted to elicit positive response.  I think coaching has been so so.....  I am unhappy with the defensive play calling and some decisions.  Let's leave it at that.

But the Bills are 8-3.  NE will be a big test.  No excuse to lose vs. them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

There is definitely an enigma this season.  Probably just expectations based and people cant handle disappointment from not blowing every team out.  Even on twitter Sal C and another Bills guy said they had to start blocking people and that they dont like to do that but people were getting nasty with each other.

Was gonna say the same.   People are putting way too much stock of their lives into a game and getting pretty toxic about it. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I was not commenting on the coaching, just how these type of threads are posted to elicit positive response.  I think coaching has been so so.....  I am unhappy with the defensive play calling and some decisions.  Let's leave it at that.

But the Bills are 8-3.  NE will be a big test.  No excuse to lose vs. them.

No, this thread was started to bring ridiculous criticism of coaching to the forefront.  You have your own agenda, obviously.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

Haven’t loved the coaching at all moments, but who does? The Bills have lost 3 very close games and it took a depleted roster in 100 degree heat ( with a dropped TD , end  zone int , missed FG and a ridiculously bad touch pass ) , a turnover filled game from Josh and a fumbled snap for those to happen. I don’t think coaching had much to do with any of those losses. Others may disagree. Besides, last I knew Andy Reid isn’t available. 

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, eball said:

No, this thread was started to bring ridiculous criticism of coaching to the forefront.  You have your own agenda, obviously.

No it is a LAMP post, as my threads too are called.  If you are happy with the Bills and a fan of McD, you'll be all over these threads.

If you have been meh or down about the coaching, you'll think different.

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Haven’t loved the coaching at all moments, but who does? The Bills have lost 3 very close games and it took a depleted roster in 100 degree heat ( with a dropped TD , end  zone int , missed FG and a ridiculously bad touch pass ) , a turnover filled game from Josh and a fumbled snap for those to happen. I don’t think coaching had much to do with any of those losses. Others may disagree. Besides, last I knew Andy Reid isn’t available. 

And I don't disagree, but still the Bills have been off since the bye week.

We all hope this is just a lull, but ever since the second half of GB, just has not been good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No it is a LAMP post, as my threads too are called.  If you are happy with the Bills and a fan of McD, you'll be all over these threads.

If you have been meh or down about the coaching, you'll think different.

And I don't disagree, but still the Bills have been off since the bye week.

We all hope this is just a lull, but ever since the second half of GB, just has not been good.

I agree the performance has slipped post bye week. Josh was off even prior to the injury. I do think Dorsey appears less creative than Daboll. 

• Like (+1) 3

I don’t believe McDermott is a good game day coach. To quote The Godfather he’s “not a wartime consigliere”. He is supposed to be a defensive coach and his defense, although in paper is always tops in the league, cant tackle a player on 3rd and long, like ever. The defensive scheme of bend but don’t break does nothing but break eventually. It’s like dying of 1,000 little cuts. It’s painful to watch sometimes. It works in situations when we’re blowing someone out, but they consistently let other teams back into games to make it close. And shocker, he’s not that good in close games. His record proves that. I’ll give it credit that he’s getting better at it. But it’s 100% why we lost the Jets game, the Vikings game, almost lost the Packers game the way they came back in the 2nd half. I just think he was the coach we needed to get us out of the basement and into the playoffs. Get this team playing together. Motivate them to become “Championship Caliber”. But not good enough to stay a top dog. 

with all that said I think he IS good enough to get it done and bring home a Super Bowl. But that’s just a matter of time really. If you stay with a team long enough and keep getting a crack at it, eventually it’ll happen. Especially when you have a talent like Allen at QB. But that doesn’t mean it’s likely. It might mean we get extremely lucky with injuries that year and others aren’t. Or we get lucky enough to get home field in the playoffs for once. 

I unfortunately don’t think this year is our year. Too much bad juju going on. Who knows, maybe that’s when we need him most. To generate some team chemistry with all the injures, etc. last year was that lucky year imo. Came out extremely healthy. Unfortunately, White was out and that was the one dagger that could have killed is other than Allen going down. 

hope I’m wrong about all of this. No need to like or dislike. Or whatever emoji you want to use. Not doing it for response. Just trying to explain where I’m at and think some others are as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

39 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

ready for the vomit, eyeroll and disagree emojis.🤣

this is the LAMP post.  Whining about your negativity not being coddled. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 6

1 hour ago, eball said:

I know, I know, it’s a message board and not everyone has to agree about everything.  Debate and discussion are good.  It just seems to me that the coaching of this team is being questioned at an insane level.  The Bills are 8-3 and within 11 points of being undefeated.  Every starter on defense has missed time; they have not played ONE game with their presumed starting secondary intact.  Allen has a bum elbow.  They got a total of TWO full practices in over the past two weeks and yet won two games in five days.

They beat the Rams on the road (before we knew the Rams would stink).  They crushed the Titans.  They won at Baltimore in a gritty way.  They won at KC.

What the hell do people think McD should have been doing that he has not?  I still hear “well, he’s not a good gameday coach.”  Really?  He is ranked as one of the best 4th down decision makers in the league.  His time management has been stellar, saving timeouts for use at the ends of halves where the Bills have been excellent.

Should he be calling plays?  Is it Dorsey everyone is really upset about?  Well, Dorse is also learning on the job, and maybe I’m naive but I think it has been hard to gameplan the past two weeks with only two practices.  And yet, the offense is still putting up yards and points at very high levels.  The last couple of weeks the running game has showed up as well.

Summing up — I don’t get it.  At all.  And as far as I know, not one of you is in the locker room or on the practice field with this team.  My conclusion is that there are a lot of keyboard warriors with way too much time on their hands who expect 14-point wins weekly.  I would love to hear, specifically, what decisions some believe McD has made or not made that are responsible for the “predicament” we find ourselves in (tied for 1st).

I’m going to continue to enjoy this ride, knowing my team is one of the best in the league and still has every opportunity to bring home the ultimate prize.  I’m thrilled McD is our HC and Beane is our GM.

Go Bills!  17 and 3, BABY!!!!

Lot of people didn't like the McD pick to start with and in the early years, could find many "see I told you so" moments to show he's not a good coach.  Last couple of years, these moments have become harder to find so when it does happen, they come out of the woodwork again with the same speech.  Think it's more a case of proving they were correct all along than even criticizing the coach.  But that's the online world we live in, everyone wants to prove they're the smartest guy in the room and much easier to do online without negative consequences than face to face.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, eball said:

I know, I know, it’s a message board and not everyone has to agree about everything.  Debate and discussion are good.  It just seems to me that the coaching of this team is being questioned at an insane level.  The Bills are 8-3 and within 11 points of being undefeated.  Every starter on defense has missed time; they have not played ONE game with their presumed starting secondary intact.  Allen has a bum elbow.  They got a total of TWO full practices in over the past two weeks and yet won two games in five days.

They beat the Rams on the road (before we knew the Rams would stink).  They crushed the Titans.  They won at Baltimore in a gritty way.  They won at KC.

What the hell do people think McD should have been doing that he has not?  I still hear “well, he’s not a good gameday coach.”  Really?  He is ranked as one of the best 4th down decision makers in the league.  His time management has been stellar, saving timeouts for use at the ends of halves where the Bills have been excellent.

Should he be calling plays?  Is it Dorsey everyone is really upset about?  Well, Dorse is also learning on the job, and maybe I’m naive but I think it has been hard to gameplan the past two weeks with only two practices.  And yet, the offense is still putting up yards and points at very high levels.  The last couple of weeks the running game has showed up as well.

Summing up — I don’t get it.  At all.  And as far as I know, not one of you is in the locker room or on the practice field with this team.  My conclusion is that there are a lot of keyboard warriors with way too much time on their hands who expect 14-point wins weekly.  I would love to hear, specifically, what decisions some believe McD has made or not made that are responsible for the “predicament” we find ourselves in (tied for 1st).

I’m going to continue to enjoy this ride, knowing my team is one of the best in the league and still has every opportunity to bring home the ultimate prize.  I’m thrilled McD is our HC and Beane is our GM.

Go Bills!  17 and 3, BABY!!!!

Well said.

However, I think Dorsey criticism is warranted.  We had a lot of early offensive success under him, and once teams got tape, defenses have found ways to disrupt the offense, especially in the 2nd half after first half adjustments.  

His tendency to use Devin early with great success then go away from him as the game goes on is also frustrating.  

I get Dorsey is learning on the job, but that doesn’t change the fact he needs to be better if we are going to beat KC when it matters…in the post season.  Not to mention, we still have several tough games on our schedule ahead of us, including 4 challenging divisional games we need to win.  

If Dorsey can’t find a way to scheme guys open more, our offense isn’t going to return to its efficiency we saw the first part of the season.  And he desperately needs to figure out how to be better in the 2nd half of games.  

• Like (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.