From where we are standing, what is your measure for a successful season.

Chaos

From where we are standing, what is your measure for a successful season?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. From where we are standing, what is your measure for a successful season?

• I just like to watch, it does not matter to me if the Bills win or lose.
    • Make the playoffs
    • Make the playoffs and win 1 playoff game
    • Advance to the championship game.
    • Win the championship Game
    • Win the Super Bowl

There is really only one success and that is winning the Superbowl. Sure, there are teams that are viewed as "rebuilding" and you can point to, perhaps, a winning record and say that is a successful season. The Giants, for instance.

For a team like the Bills, there are no moral victories. Either you win the Superbowl or you don't. There will be some disappointment if that doesn't happen.

9 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Given all the injuries, I no longer hold a Super Bowl victory as the measure of a good season. If we beat the Chiefs in the playoffs, likely in an AFC championship game, I'll feel we got a monkey off our backs and feel like progress was made.

so you're gonna be ok if the Bills win the championship game but lose the Superbowl?

What is this making a SB as success?  That’s nonsense. And I’m sick of the injury excuse.   We are still winning, albeit ugly, and now players are coming back, and we still have our starting qb (teams have won a SB with a backup)—no excuses. win it or it’s a disappointment.  

This IS the year! SB or bust. It's why they got Von. If not now when? If they don't win it this year w/ all the looming cap issues, they risk becoming the 2000's Rivers / Tomlinson Chargers, or 2010's Roethleisberger / Antonio Brown Steelers - perennial pretenders. It has to be NOW! Anything else is a terrible disappointment.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

11 hours ago, Airseven said:

It’s already a successful season as far as being a playoff contender.

…at least for reasonable fans who didn’t buy into the silly Super Bowl and MVP fluff.

How cowardly of you to play this card now that the team is injured and struggling.  Where were you during the bye week when we were sitting at 5-1, blowing everybody out, with a pretty firm grip on HFA?

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

How cowardly of you to play this card now that the team is injured and struggling.  Where were you during the bye week when we were sitting at 5-1, blowing everybody out, with a pretty firm grip on HFA?

Feel free to search my posts.

Not that it matters.

• Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Feel free to search my posts.

Not that it matters.

This you?

On 11/1/2022 at 12:54 PM, Airseven said:

Eagles, Chiefs, and Bills (in any order) are at the top of the NFL right now. There's a significant drop-off at #4 with parity, inconsistency, and mediocrity ruling the day. That tells me AFC is better than NFC at the top. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

A better question would be are you enjoying the past 5 years, the way the team was built and the way this team has grown and played?  Are you proud of the team and management and how they play the game?  I am.  SB win is the goal.  Easy to label any team who didn't win it as disappointing.  I was still proud of the Bills after last years loss and enjoyed the season more than any in recent memory.  Doesn't seem like some people are enjoying this team which is a shame.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

A better question would be are you enjoying the past 5 years, the way the team was built and the way this team has grown and played?  Are you proud of the team and management and how they play the game?  I am.  SB win is the goal.  Easy to label any team who didn't win it as disappointing.  I was still proud of the Bills after last years loss and enjoyed the season more than any in recent memory.  Doesn't seem like some people are enjoying this team which is a shame.  

You should start your own better question poll. 

12 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I agree with this. As a fan for 49 years, I love seeing them have a winning season. Last year was 13 seconds. This year is different. Every year is different. I'm grateful for not having to look at draft prospects by Thanksgiving. You just never know what can happen before the playoffs start. That being said, I really do think K.C. will get beat in the 1st rd. and once we kick Miami's ass in the Ralph, it's game on. I don't like to count the chickens.....but at least I know we'll be in the royal rumble.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Be real contenders for the superbowl every year.  I dont look at it as a failure if they dont get there.  Its not something easy to do even if you have the best roster and best QB in the NFL. It takes a lot of things going the right way than just having the best team.  NE has skewed that but its still true. Thats why the Chiefs didnt make it last season.  They are certainly a better team than the Bengals IMO.  It just didnt fall into place.  Same reason we didnt beat the Chiefs last season.  I feel our team and the Chiefs are a coinflip and last year the Bills screwed up at the end of the game and lost that coinflip.

Obviously I want to win one and its disappointing if we dont but for me its just be competitors every year to be in position to get to one and win one.  I enjoy each game every single week win or lose.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

I see a lot of people making assumptions about what the other AFC teams are going to do from here on out.  The truth is we can't predict that any more than we could have predicted having to worry about the last 11 games of the regular season after we started 6-1 against what looked like a ridiculous gauntlet before the season started.

Nobody predicted the Titans winning the 1 seed last year and no one had the Bengals beating Mahomes in KC, especially at halftime of that game.  

***** happens.  It's the NFL.

That said, my measure of a successful season remains what it was before the season started:  a Lombardi.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.