From where we are standing, what is your measure for a successful season.

Chaos

From where we are standing, what is your measure for a successful season?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. From where we are standing, what is your measure for a successful season?

• I just like to watch, it does not matter to me if the Bills win or lose.
    • Make the playoffs
    • Make the playoffs and win 1 playoff game
    • Advance to the championship game.
    • Win the championship Game
    • Win the Super Bowl

Reaching the super bowl would count as "successful" IMO.  That was my expectation back in camp, and it hasn't changed.  The injuries just mean that this is likely to be a failed season through no particular fault of anyone. That happens, but let's no sugar-coat it.  We're in the process of blowing one of #17's prime years.

I think the injuries to key players will ultimately keep the Bills from the #1 seed, and history says they really need home field to get past the Chiefs, who are the least injured team in the league and will probably go 14-3, maybe 15-2 if they beat the Bengals.   Is what it is.  Von was the missing piece, Beane went out and got him, and now he is probably gone.   We have no one remotely in his league and Mahomes/Kelsey will just eat up the Bills back end like they do to everyone else.   Vikings showed us what "next man up" in the secondary looks like.  Looking increasingly like the Chiefs year to win the SB, if they stay as healthy as they have been all year (least injured team in the league)   Bills would have to run the table and KC needs to lose one and Cinci is the only candidate. 

I just don't see this present roster (no Miller, no Hyde, Tre's ACL not right til next year, Poyer with one arm til next year, Edmunds prob in/out of the lineup going forward, Josh at 80-90%, so-so slot receiver, etc)  with a first year offensive coordinator OTJ training himself, winning 10 games in a row with perhaps only one home playoff game, do you?   really?   Getting back go the AFC title game would be a great accomplishment.  

All that said, hell Cinci got to the SB last year with Quinton Spain at LG, so anything is possible!  Go Bills ! 

Edited by ProcessTruster

Bills were the favorites going into the season by a long shot. Anything short of winning the Super Bowl would be a disappointment. However I voted "win the AFC championship game" as I think the season is an absolute disaster and a waste of time if they lose to KC again in the playoffs.

8 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Let me start by saying excellent question!! Now to the business at hand.

Not trying to be that guy, but.....I'm gonna because your timeline of events is way out of whack lol. Us beating the Chiefs week #6, us losing in hot weather week #3, 3 games before the Chiefs game. The same with the injuries, I know Ed got hurt in week #1, but they started really rolling in week #2 including the most important loss, Micah Hyde. Both these things happened or began happening weeks before the Chiefs game. 

To answer your question: Miller's injury makes this a tough answer. Do we get him back, if so when and at what capacity? If we get him back and he's his old self, it's Super Bowl or bust. If not, making a deep playoff run(AFC Championship) would be my best guess.

The Miami game was callled out, because that is the main reason we don't lead the division now.  At the time it was less consequential.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

Reaching the super bowl would count as "successful" IMO.  That was my expectation back in camp, and it hasn't changed.  The injuries just mean that this is likely to be a failed season through no particular fault of anyone. That happens, but let's no sugar-coat it.  We're in the process of blowing one of #17's prime years.

Injuries are “ blowing it” ? Seems just really bad luck. 

With all the injuries we are less then 10 points combined from being 11-0. We are a really really good football team and  anytime we line up with an opponent we can win. 
I think a rematch with the Chiefs in the playoffs is a reasonable expectation.

As whoever comes out of the AFC is probably winning the Super Bowl since the NFC is trash.  

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

Simply reaching Super Bowl and then losing is something I want no part of.  Becoming the first team to go 0 - 5 in the big one will do nothing but reinforce the cursed reputation that looms over the franchise.  Like Cubs and Red Sox before them, and given this franchise's long and short term narratives, they must break through and win it all for the true label of success to be applied to this team.  

I would rather lose another divisional round playoff than lose to Dallas in the Super Bowl again or even lose to Philly and complete the NFC East Super Bowl trick.  Losing to Minnesota in the Super Bowl would also be a special cocktail of hell as we would have to hear about them breaking their own 0 - 4 Super Bowl curse.  If we go, we must win!  The good news, is that Buffalo, even after all that has gone down this season, still has the team and the QB to do it.  Go Bills!

Edited by cwater10
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Airseven said:

It’s already a successful season as far as being a playoff contender.

…at least for reasonable fans who didn’t buy into the silly Super Bowl and MVP fluff.

lol what?  Making the playoffs is the lowest of low expectations from this roster.   That’s like a baseline “we have a pulse” type s***… injuries or not.

Win the Super Bowl.  

Id be disappointed, regardless of injuries, if they can’t get past KC.. again.  

Maybe we don’t see them, but it seems highly unlikely as it currently stands. 

Once we get past KC, win the AFC .. There’s nobody in the NFC that should scare us. 

Edited by SCBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.