From where we are standing, what is your measure for a successful season.

Chaos

From where we are standing, what is your measure for a successful season?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. From where we are standing, what is your measure for a successful season?

• I just like to watch, it does not matter to me if the Bills win or lose.
    • Make the playoffs
    • Make the playoffs and win 1 playoff game
    • Advance to the championship game.
    • Win the championship Game
    • Win the Super Bowl

A couple of games into the season, we were all joking about not having to punt this year.  Truly dominating. Super Bowl Favorites by a large margin. After the defeat of the chiefs, it seems the #1 seed in the playoffs was practically a given.  A game in hot weather followed by a bunch of injuries has changed the perspectives.  This poll is to ask what you will personally consider a successful season.  This is not a quiz. There are no wrong answers.  It is pure opinion.  They call these opinion polls. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Ya know, this is an obvious question to ask but a difficult one to answer.

Especially from one who is as ancient as I am. 

It would be nice if the  BILLS could win a Super Bowl before I croaked.

I feel your pain. I like watching the Bills. If they make it to the Super Bowl, that means I got to watch them the maximum number of times in the season.  That is more important to me than winning the last game.  But boy would winning the last game would be nice. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Easy ; win the AFC Championship game. The Bills will then represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. If not , they’re the stepchild next to the Chiefs and no further along than they’ve been. That cannot be considered success. Playing in the Super Bowl is definitely success , but heck yeah I’d love for them to win it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

As others have commented, the Bills are and have been a contender the past few years. With Allen, making the playoffs is not the standard anymore.

The standard is the Super Bowl, and before Allen's contract kicks in next year, this window is about as good of a view the team will get with this current roster.

Hoisting the Lombardi is what it is all about!

Edited by Wizard

37 minutes ago, Process said:

Anything less than a super bowl win is a disappointment. Anything less than an appearance in the AFC championship game is a failure.

Agree on first point. I’d say an AFCC win would be required to be a success. They’ve made it there before, now they’ve got to win an AFC title. 

I mean, getting past the Chiefs is the goal, I can't stand having to hear about the 13 seconds because Frazier/McD decide to play 3 deep in that situation. Getting over that feeling would be great. I don't see anyone from the NFC being able to beat the Bills if they can get past the Chiefs.

2 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Ya know, this is an obvious question to ask but a difficult one to answer.

Especially from one who is as ancient as I am. 

It would be nice if the  BILLS could win a Super Bowl before I croaked.

I'm ancient like you.  The Super Bowl win is the only challenge left for us.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

A couple of games into the season, we were all joking about not having to punt this year.  Truly dominating. Super Bowl Favorites by a large margin. After the defeat of the chiefs, it seems the #1 seed in the playoffs was practically a given.  A game in hot weather followed by a bunch of injuries has changed the perspectives.  This poll is to ask what you will personally consider a successful season.  This is not a quiz. There are no wrong answers.  It is pure opinion.  They call these opinion polls. 

Let me start by saying excellent question!! Now to the business at hand.

Not trying to be that guy, but.....I'm gonna because your timeline of events is way out of whack lol. Us beating the Chiefs week #6, us losing in hot weather week #3, 3 games before the Chiefs game. The same with the injuries, I know Ed got hurt in week #1, but they started really rolling in week #2 including the most important loss, Micah Hyde. Both these things happened or began happening weeks before the Chiefs game. 

To answer your question: Miller's injury makes this a tough answer. Do we get him back, if so when and at what capacity? If we get him back and he's his old self, it's Super Bowl or bust. If not, making a deep playoff run(AFC Championship) would be my best guess.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.