Kelly MCL / ‘90 vs Giants

drummernut74

Seems like this silly need to correlate the current team to some past team should be merged into one mutable thread.

you know how this team resembles the 90s Bills?

It Doesn’t. Not at all. 

that team had nearly an all pro at every spot on the o line, a HOF talent at running back and an irritating front office executive that couldn’t get along with the owner. They had a very marginal nose tackle, were weak up the middle of the defense, ran a 3-4, and struggled against good running teams. The arrogant quarterback called the offense real time and there were two HOF WRs on the outside. most importantly they ***** it up 4 years straight. At least the first time because they were too busy partying it up instead of saving it for the victory dance. 

the team now has a QB that actually wanted to be in Buffalo and is a top tier athlete, they do running back by committee, have one excellent wr, then a lot of JAG, a coach 30 year younger than that team had, a GM that seems to get along with everyone and swings a lot of movement, a culture of support and competition And doesn’t have near the talent or the bullpen. Generally they seem much less douchey across the board.

much easier to root for imo

• Agree 1

On 11/26/2022 at 1:10 AM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think we will come out of this thing stronger because of all the adversity. My only fear is the defense. We aren’t stopping teams on 3rd down and we seem to be exposed without Hyde. I do however think this season will end up building a lot of character and could be the thing that finally gets us over the hump. Just have to ride out this storm and hit our stride in the playoffs 

Perhaps Hyde returns in January 

6 hours ago, drummernut74 said:

We lost XXV because we were unprepared, cocky, arrogant, and were too busy partying that week … while the Giants were in lock down and well prepared. We didn’t adjust until it was too late. Simms or Hostetler didn’t matter 

I've always wondered how things would've shaken out if there was the traditional two week break between the Championship game and Super Bowl.  There's no doubt the Bills were riding the high of the 51-3 thrashing of the Raiders in the AFC Championship game all week.  I wonder if there was the extra week off that by the second week they would've turned things down a notch and started to focus more on the Giants.

On 11/25/2022 at 7:05 PM, drummernut74 said:

Yesterday’s Von injury is reminiscent to me of JK back in ‘90 against the Giants (for those of us old enough to remember it). 

We were evolving into a contender that year, and Jim went down on a sack against the Giants, right around this part of the season. I vividly remember him kicking around in a circle and writhing in pain on the turf, after someone collapsed into the side of his leg. My heart went up in my throat. That was the first info I learned of ACL vs MCL etc (at age 16 lol)

He returned 6 weeks later for the ‘91 playoff games against Miami and the Raiders to take us to XXV

…. I sensed something very different about our team yesterday after that win and watching McD’s locker room speech. Like … the lightbulb about “just find a way” completely went on, and who gives a ***** how we win. 

Maybe it’s just me, but something feels like it’s coming together in a very different and unusual way for us  

I’d love to hear everyone’s opinions 

I sure hope so 🙏  I'm praying for your outlook and that Von is better by some miracle for Miami 

On 11/26/2022 at 6:20 AM, ProcessTruster said:

Yeah agreed, and I don't see it.  KC is better than they were last year.   Bills are about the same / or worse without Von Miller and Brian Daboll.   and the AFC will go through KC again and we know how that will probably go.  

KC is better now that they don't have Hill?  Hmmm.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.