Bill Lions set Thanksgiving viewership record

78thealltimegreat

13 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

More then 31 million people watched their Thanksgiving game setting a viewership record for the early Thanksgiving game.

I don’t think it’s because of the Lions either.  With ratings like this get used to them playing on Thanksgiving way more often. 

And peaked at 41 million viewers.

America loves this team and who wouldn't? Even if I wasn't a Bills fan I'd tune in everytime they're on national TV, they're just a fun watch

NFL is more popular than ever. Fantasy, gambling, etc

Giants & Dallas 2 strong fan bases and a big game in the standings. 

Bills are an exciting team and the close race in the AFC I’m sure had a lot of other fam bases tuning in looking for a Bills loss.  Plus it was a close interes

Just now, Reks Ryan said:

NFL is more popular than ever. Fantasy, gambling, etc

Giants & Dallas 2 strong fan bases and a big game in the standings. 

Bills are an exciting team and the close race in the AFC I’m sure had a lot of other fam bases tuning in looking for a Bills loss.  Plus it was a close interesting game

52 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Disagree, especially with Lions game. Numbers up huge from last year, why ? Thanksgiving holiday happened last year. Josh Allen was playing, that’s why. Teams and stars matter a lot. Even more in 12:30 slot. 

Last year's three Thanksgiving Day NFL games smashed records as well. Were all those people tuning in to watch the 0-10 Lions face the 4-7 Bears? An epic Dalton vs. Goff matchup? The Bills are an exciting team, but NFL popularity is ever increasing (with help from fantasy and gambling) and T-Day is a captive audience. Next year they will likely have even more 12:30 viewers, regardless of who is playing the Lions.

8 minutes ago, QCity said:

Last year's three Thanksgiving Day NFL games smashed records as well. Were all those people tuning in to watch the 0-10 Lions face the 4-7 Bears? An epic Dalton vs. Goff matchup? The Bills are an exciting team, but NFL popularity is ever increasing (with help from fantasy and gambling) and T-Day is a captive audience. Next year they will likely have even more 12:30 viewers, regardless of who is playing the Lions.

Lions should be good next year also.  Assuming health.. add Jameson Williams to that offense and the Rams pick… that teams future is bright.  

Still, I’m sure Josh Allen helped. Up 12% is a good number, and I’d definitely be interested in what that number would be for Jared Goff vs say… Justin Fields. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

More then 31 million people watched their Thanksgiving game setting a viewership record for the early Thanksgiving game.

I don’t think it’s because of the Lions either.  With ratings like this get used to them playing on Thanksgiving way more often. 

They have played in 3 Thanksgiving games since Josh has arrived. The NFL clearly wants to showcase Allen and the Bills. Since we are 3-0 in those games I am all for it!

Just now, RocCityRoller said:

They have played in 3 Thanksgiving games since Josh has arrived. The NFL clearly wants to showcase Allen and the Bills. Since we are 3-0 in those games I am all for it!

I am so over Thanksgiving games. 

Three in four years is enough.  Give Mahomes some games there. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.