Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF

YoloinOhio

32 minutes ago, Success said:

Man, every other comment on the Pats boards is a variation of "we have 6 Super Bowls and they don't."  They really made a seamless transition to being Yankees fans, which is some fun irony.

A lot of Pats fans have never had hard times till now as far as football goes. I mean anyone under 40 barely remembers the Parcells Era with the Pats never mind the worry that they may move to St. Louis before Kraft bought them. 

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

A lot of Pats fans have never had hard times till now as far as football goes. I mean anyone under 40 barely remembers the Parcells Era with the Pats never mind the worry that they may move to St. Louis before Kraft bought them. 

I bet many Pats fans 40 and under wouldn't know who Steve Grogan, Irving Fryar, or Andre Tippett are. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I bet many Pats fans 40 and under wouldn't know who Steve Grogan, Irving Fryar, or Andre Tippett are. 

Oh I am positive! Heck they think now are HARD times! Please! Team made the playoffs last year! Hard times is wondering if they will win 2 or 3 games that year lol.

• Like (+1) 4

40 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Oh I am positive! Heck they think now are HARD times! Please! Team made the playoffs last year! Hard times is wondering if they will win 2 or 3 games that year lol.

Even back then the bad Pats and Colts would find a way to win ugly games versus the Kelly-Polian Bills. It was so frustrating!

Reminds me of the NFC East where a team having a bad season will always find a way to frustrate/ upset the division leader.

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They caught us a couple weeks too late imo.  Our defense is night and day when edmunds and Milano play and Dane Jackson isn’t forced into a huge role in the secondary. 

I don’t think the psychological motivation of needing to win the game trumps the individual matchups on the field. Heck we need to win the game just as badly as them anyway 

The NE defense has been great against pocket passers but their linebackers are slow bruisers who are great at stopping the opposing running back but seem to have trouble accounting for qbs that can scramble.

Maybe it’s wishful thinking idk and I give our resident pats fan free rein to make fun of me if I’m wrong 😂, but I objectively(I think lol) don’t see this game being close. There’s a lot of tangible reasons why we have struggled the last few weeks and a lot of those problems will not exist tonight 

if we were missing edmunds or Milano I’d expect the game to be close

I guess you are way more optimistic then I am maybe it’s because I don’t want to set my self up for disappointment , either way I hope you right and a convincing win would be great but I just want a W and right now I would take a one point win in a heartbeat 

2 hours ago, TheWei44 said:

FWIW, my cousin is a die-hard Pats fan and goes to every home game - He texted me last night that he thinks the "Bills are going to crush us" - Hope he's right!

I could see his point. I am sure he was thrilled with how the Jets-Pats game ended with NE winning on a punt return on the final play of the game. The fact that NE struggled to beat the Jets when Wilson went 9 for 23 for 77 yards is alarming. A QB plays that bad you should win the game pretty easily. The Jets D is good, but they aren't the 85 Bears. No reason for NE's offense to struggle that much.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I could see his point. I am sure he was thrilled with how the Jets-Pats game ended with NE winning on a punt return on the final play of the game. The fact that NE struggled to beat the Jets when Wilson went 9 for 23 for 77 yards is alarming. A QB plays that bad you should win the game pretty easily. The Jets D is good, but they aren't the 85 Bears. No reason for NE's offense to struggle that much.

There are two good reasons for the O struggles… called Judge and Patricia. Or as most here call them Dumb and Dumber.   But that game and the one against the Vikings Jones looked better each game. The Vikings game he made some nice throws, Still can’t believe Agahlor slowed up on a perfect pass that would have probably tied the game up on 4th and 12 at least make it 1st and goal from like the 2. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.