Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

1) Chiefs never led by more than 3 points, so....? Yes, Ravens should have closed their games, just like they should have against the Dolphins.

2) The Bills are 5-2 in games where they had 2 score leads at any point in the game. Like I already told you, the two losses were Vikings/Jets where Josh and the defense made a few game changing mistakes. We played good games if it weren't for those mistakes. 

But the mistakes were made. You can't discount or minimize them. 

39 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

But the mistakes were made. You can't discount or minimize them. 

I'm not discounting or minimizing them. I acknowledge they were game changing mistakes. However they were game changing mistakes that put a black mark on an otherwise good performance. Momentum changers. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ßookie_tech said:

Line opened at -5.5. Now it's -3.5.  Wonder why the move. Is DD being out worthy of 2 points? 

I’m a bit confused by it…elam healthy and an expanding role for tre should remove a big weak link from the secondary and edmunds returning will remove our other big defensive weak link at LB. We’ve had to gameplan around 2-3 players that were really struggling  on the defensive side for most of the season and we will not have to tonight. 

the injury report was a big win this week even without Dawkins 

no von but we’re getting Rousseau back and josh was full practice on the injury report so I’m assuming his elbow is getting better.  I feel like this is an unbiased take that the bills are gonna win this one pretty comfortably but you never know maybe there’s some bias in there 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ßookie_tech said:

Line opened at -5.5. Now it's -3.5.  Wonder why the move. Is DD being out worthy of 2 points? 

not surprising. as long time bettor i was surprised it came out at 5.5 and assumed the public would bet it down... its a pesky bellicheck coached team at home thats almost on life support for the remainder of the season vs a Bills team that has made everything look difficult in losses AND wins over the last month. Thats what your everyday bettor sees.... and sorta what i see too... i'm not just gonna go into every Pats game assuming Allen is gonna go scorched earth. i think the media and us fans are putting way too much stock into what happened at the end of last season.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

10 minutes ago, ßookie_tech said:

NE is home. They have a good defense. Even in wins recently the Bills haven't looked all that great. This is a must win for NE. At 6-5 they can't afford a loss. 6-6 will make it very tough for them to make the playoffs in a strong AFC. You know that saying about "an animal backed into a corner has no choice but to come out fighting". Well, that is NE tonight and that makes them dangerous. I think tonight's game is going to be like the Detroit. It won't be decided until the very end. Let's Go Buffalo.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, ßookie_tech said:

I believe most of the money is coming in on Buffalo. Nothing crazy but I think it's like 60% on Bills. 

From a pod i saw it was the Pro's were leaning buffalo but the public was hitting pats hard.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

NE is home. They have a good defense. Even in wins recently the Bills haven't looked all that great. This is a must win for NE. At 6-5 they can't afford a loss. 6-6 will make it very tough for them to make the playoffs in a strong AFC. You know that saying about "an animal backed into a corner has no choice but to come out fighting". Well, that is NE tonight and that makes them dangerous. I think tonight's game is going to be like the Detroit. It won't be decided until the very end. Let's Go Buffalo.

Just said almost exactly the same thing upstream. this is what it is.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Judon

he is a beast. I think he’s the key for Josh not turning ball over. Josh has had success letting Judon run passed. Pats know this and will adapt D

p.s. Can someone rip those awful red sleeves off him?

Judon has largely been unnoticeable against the Bills

15 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Judon has largely been unnoticeable against the Bills

Last year, yes. Judon played through medical issues and had 12.5 sacks in 17 games.

This year, Judon is healthy and playing like a man possessed, with 13 sacks through 11 games, which leads the NFL.

I'm not definitively saying he will or won't have a great game against the Bills (though my money would be on him having a big impact), I'm just saying that he's a different player this year than he was last year.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Success said:

Man, every other comment on the Pats boards is a variation of "we have 6 Super Bowls and they don't."  They really made a seamless transition to being Yankees fans, which is some fun irony.

When their team really declines (probably when Bill isn't there anymore) those "fans" will disappear. The Pats will go back to being the 4th wheel in that market. It's a Sox town and even the B's and Celtics have more of a hard core following.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

They caught us a couple weeks too late imo.  Our defense is night and day when edmunds and Milano play and Dane Jackson isn’t forced into a huge role in the secondary. 

I don’t think the psychological motivation of needing to win the game trumps the individual matchups on the field. Heck we need to win the game just as badly as them anyway 

The NE defense has been great against pocket passers but their linebackers are slow bruisers who are great at stopping the opposing running back but seem to have trouble accounting for qbs that can scramble.

Maybe it’s wishful thinking idk and I give our resident pats fan free rein to make fun of me if I’m wrong 😂, but I objectively(I think lol) don’t see this game being close. There’s a lot of tangible reasons why we have struggled the last few weeks and a lot of those problems will not exist tonight 

if we were missing edmunds or Milano I’d expect the game to be close

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They caught us a couple weeks too late imo.  Our defense is night and day when edmunds and Milano play and Dane Jackson isn’t forced into a huge role in the secondary. 

I don’t think the psychological motivation of needing to win the game trumps the individual matchups on the field. Heck we need to win the game just as badly as them anyway 

The NE defense has been great against pocket passers but their linebackers are slow bruisers who are great at stopping the opposing running back but seem to have trouble accounting for qbs that can scramble.

Maybe it’s wishful thinking idk and I give our resident pats fan free rein to make fun of me if I’m wrong 😂, but I objectively(I think lol) don’t see this game being close. There’s a lot of tangible reasons why we have struggled the last few weeks and a lot of those problems will not exist tonight 

I hope you are right I really do. I just think this will be the Detroit game all over again. By around 11:00 tonight it will be crunch time. The Bills either win a close one or lose a heartbreaker. I like your scenario much better, so I hope I am wrong.

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I see what you did there. 

LOL. I just saw what "I did there" but I really didn't mean it that way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.