Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF

YoloinOhio

On 11/29/2022 at 6:07 PM, newcam2012 said:

Just locked in the Pats at +4.5 points. Way too many points in what figures to be a close game. Taking the points has been the way to go. Outsiders just don't realize Josh is limited with his elbow. The Pats D is legit. Top 10 in every category. At home in a revenge game. Hopefully, Bills win by 3 or 4 points. 

I hope you get destroyed in your bet!

• Thank you (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Cole is hanging out in RI and Isaiah is just checking in?

Beasley is officially "retired" right now, right?

Maybe they are looking to re-sign him for a late season/playoff push.

If he has stayed in shape we could actually use him, especially if OBJ goes to Dallas.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Beasley is officially "retired" right now, right?

Maybe they are looking to re-sign him for a late season/playoff push.

If he has stayed in shape we could actually use him, especially if OBJ goes to Dallas.

he played one game for Tampa and quit again

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

he played one game for Tampa and quit again

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Wouldn't Tampa hold his rights?  Then if released he would go through waivers?

Didn't know he played for Tampa!  That doesn't bode well; maybe he's totally shot now.

I'm not sure of the technicalities on his status.

Maybe we should look elsewhere. 

34 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Probably reading WAY too much into this... 

Q: What do you call it when a dinosaur scores a touchdown?

A: A Dino-Score

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Wouldn't Tampa hold his rights?  Then if released he would go through waivers?

No, he was signed to Tampa's Practice Squad.  Elevated for a game and then went back to practice squad.

So he was a free agent and if he canceled his retirement he'd be a free agent again.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 hours ago, nosejob said:

I agree but playing Klein in 4-3 on early downs to kill the run is a must to force them to throw. We can't be giving up 4/5 yds a carry for 1st downs.

I understand the thought and it could be necessary to do that If the front 4 can’t stop the run. Miller is amazing at pass rushing but his big looping paths to the QB have led to some large runs, Lawson, Groot, and A.J. Are good at setting the edge on runs. The Bills run D has been pretty darn tough the last couple of games, while NE run games has cooled off since the first half of the season. 

6 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Q: What do you call it when a dinosaur scores a touchdown?

A: A Dino-Score

No, he was signed to Tampa's Practice Squad.  Elevated for a game and then went back to practice squad.

So he's a free agent.

Do you have grandchildren as that's not even a funny Dad joke.🤪

• Haha (+1) 1

In case someone here would like to talk about Week 13 Bills at Pats

I always enjoy the Belestrator segments - they often indicate what Bill really thinks by omission.

For example a couple years ago, Bill highlighted a play where Josh had a man open in the endzone, but chose to keep the ball and run for a TD.  He talked about how the Bills offense was able to get guys open or use the QB to score, but the way he illustrated it and his tone of voice, it seemed kind of clear that Bill thought Josh would keep it himself and not throw it, and they could use that against him (I think we won, but it was close).

I don't think it's an accident that he chose to illustrate 3 successful big plays, especially a big play on 3rd and 2.  I think he views the Bills as being a bit of a "Go Big or Go Home" offense right now which will Go for the Gusto instead of taking the easy, underneath stuff and moving the ball down the field, and he plans to bait us into that and use that against us.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

There are no push over teams, but you treat every opponent like they are the Kansas City Chiefs you really do

There are several times that I've picked the Bills to win. More often than a loss. In fact, I think the Bills should win tomorrow. 

Have you seen the last 7 or 8 games the Bills have played? Why would you or anyone else suggest, imply, or infer an easy win or blow out by the Bills? Yet, we have many here thinking a win put is plausible. Go figure. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

There are several times that I've picked the Bills to win. More often than a loss. In fact, I think the Bills should win tomorrow. 

Have you seen the last 7 or 8 games the Bills have played? Why would you or anyone else suggest, imply, or infer an easy win or blow out by the Bills? Yet, we have many here thinking a win put is plausible. Go figure. 

7 or 8 games huh? Yeah, they were awful against the Ravens, Steelers, and Chiefs

9 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

He's definelty different. Whatever he is it's working for the Dolphins. They are one of the surprise teams in the league. Never, did I think Tua would develop into a franchise QB and play better than Allen this year. Lead the AFC east through week 12.  He's doing something right weird or not. I'm sure the Dolphin fans love him. 

L it of football left to play. They're very overrated imo and had a soft schedule 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.