Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF

YoloinOhio

Mark my words - Edmunds coming back will be a massive improvement to this D. 

His absence was felt

Teams can't attack the middle of the field like they have been.  You can't teach his size , athleticism and natural coverage ability

Prior to the injury PFF had Milano as the 2nd best LB and Edmunds #3. 

I'd argue his absence was bigger than Vons will be. Not taking anything away from Von but Edmund's is that good and doesn't come off the field.  

We got the QB of the D back and I guarantee it shows going forward

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5

52 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Mark my words - Edmunds coming back will be a massive improvement to this D. 

His absence was felt

Teams can't attack the middle of the field like they have been.  You can't teach his size , athleticism and natural coverage ability

Prior to the injury PFF had Milano as the 2nd best LB and Edmunds #3. 

I'd argue his absence was bigger than Vons will be. Not taking anything away from Von but Edmund's is that good and doesn't come off the field.  

We got the QB of the D back and I guarantee it shows going forward

I also think that Milano is even better when Edmunds is out there. And with von out I could see us blitzing Edmunds to ensure we generate pressure  (Mac is terrible vs the blitz)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Did they say he’d be limited?

Luckily Dorsey wised up and started using TE and RB help on obvious passing downs. I expect that to continue. I’d love to see him actually outsmart a defensive coordinator to mitigate a pass rush with a counter offensive (jet sweep, draw, successful screen, etc).

I hope to see more 4/5 wide to be honest. Spread em out and use speed. Josh is great in the pocket, he can step up/around pressure. 

Definitely some TE/RB chips to slow down the pass rush some, and some PA, but mostly I want to see a spread offense and Josh getting the ball out. 

7 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I won the bet with plus 9 points and Detrlot. Obviously, you don't bet games. 

Betting has nothing to do with loyalty. The old saying is never bet with your heart. 

There is an undeniable conflict that goes on in your head when you do. Detroit +9 sure at least you aren't actively betting on your team to lose, but whatever you are still rooting for Detroit to keep it close. But bets against the Bills on the money line? That's just straight up betting for your team to lose. Especially when someone puts $5 bet on Patriots so they have bragging rights on the forum that they were right? Yuck.

Also I never said bet on the Bills to win just because we want them to. I just stay away from Bills games altogether.

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I also think that Milano is even better when Edmunds is out there. And with von out I could see us blitzing Edmunds to ensure we generate pressure  (Mac is terrible vs the blitz)

Completely agree on Milano,  and Edmunds usually gets home in his limited blizes. I hope they blitz Mac all day

1 hour ago, Shortchaz said:

I bet $5 on the bills and didn’t tell my wife 

I do the same. Limit bets to $5 to avoid becoming a complete degenerate. Frankly it's a good thing considering the slump I'm in. (And the wife knows.)

I've gotten away from bets on who wins or loses to individual or team props. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

There is an undeniable conflict that goes on in your head when you do. Detroit +9 sure at least you aren't actively betting on your team to lose, but whatever you are still rooting for Detroit to keep it close. But bets against the Bills on the money line? That's just straight up betting for your team to lose. Especially when someone puts $5 bet on Patriots so they have bragging rights on the forum that they were right? Yuck.

Also I never said bet on the Bills to win just because we want them to. I just stay away from Bills games altogether.

I won't bet Bills to win any game ever again, instead I prefer doing sgp, Allen over 39 yards rushing, Bills to score 2 td's or more etc.  

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I do the same. Limit bets to $5 to avoid becoming a complete degenerate. Frankly it's a good thing considering the slump I'm in. (And the wife knows.)

I've gotten away from bets on who wins or loses to individual or team props. 

Easy to mock being conservative about betting, but I've been on house money since week three thanks to it.

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

No conflict at all for me. I always root for the Bills to win. I bet such a little amount that the bets are secondary. I'd rather lose my bet and have the Bills win the game. I only bet against the Bills when I think the spread is way off which doesn't happen often. Plus 9 to Detroit was a good example. This week plus 4.5 points to the Pats seems very high.  

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Easy to mock being conservative about betting, but I've been on house money since week three thanks to it.

Lol, you’d have a lot more house money if you didn’t bet $5…..

against your own team to win.  $5….. you bet $5 against your own team…….  FIVE DOLLARS. 

$5…….

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’d rather we blitz Milano.  He’s so much better @ blitzing.  Edmunds has improved over past years, but give me milano bringing the pain all day.  

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

I actually bet a lot, had 62 tickets last week alone between the NFL and CFB, which is a light week for me, and at a lot more than $5, and I do well. Bragging about missing the best of the number is funny to me because closing line value, while not gospel, is an indicator of your ability to read the market. 

I make the ML in this game -176/+176 and the Bills -4.10, so I won't be on either side. As far as the total goes, I make it 46.8, but haven't bet it yet, because I think it might get to 43, which is a key number. 

Very nice post. Trying to get the best closing line is a very tricky proposal. Of course, getting the hook" or trying to avoid it is important. I remember one time I had a 10 game parlay live going into the Monday night game. At that time, 10 game parlays were 500 to 1. Now, it's much more. I placed a $10 bet so my ticket was live for 5k. For me, my last game was always the Monday night game so I could hedge my bet. The game was a Cowboys vs Philly game. The line was 3.5 point. I waited and waited for the line to go to 2.5. Obviously, wanted to game to end on 3 to win both bets. The line never moved. I hedged my bet and placed 2k on the other team. My parlay cashed and I won about 3k. That was 25 years plus and I've never won another 10 game parlay. 

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

I hope to see more 4/5 wide to be honest. Spread em out and use speed. Josh is great in the pocket, he can step up/around pressure. 

Definitely some TE/RB chips to slow down the pass rush some, and some PA, but mostly I want to see a spread offense and Josh getting the ball out. 

No dawkins.  Our OL sucks as it is.  If we spread them out, Josh is going to get killed.  

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol, you’d have a lot more house money if you didn’t bet $5…..

against your own team to win.  $5….. you bet $5 against your own team…….  FIVE DOLLARS. 

$5…….

I’d rather we blitz Milano.  He’s so much better @ blitzing.  Edmunds has improved over past years, but give me milano bringing the pain all day.  

No doubt Milano is the better Blitzer. QB Jones is one of the worst passers under pressure. Fraizer has to implement blitzes and generate pressure on Jones. Jones will find the open guys if he has a clean pocket. Also, despite his lack of arm strength he will throw the ball long with success. Nelson A and Devante P can make big plays and win jump balls. He will make mistakes under pressure. I don't think this is the game for Fraizer to play his base nickel defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Nothing to mock about betting responsibly and only wagering what you can afford or are willing to lose.  I know a lot of people of varying means who wager a buck here or $5 there just to make an evening of sports more interesting.  They have the means to make much bigger bets but they aren't willing to lose their hard earned money gambling.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Nothing to mock about betting responsibly and only wagering what you can afford or are willing to lose.  I know a lot of people of varying means who wager a buck here or $5 there just to make an evening of sports more interesting.  They have the means to make much bigger bets but they aren't willing to lose their hard earned money gambling.

I play fanduel daily fantasy basketball and football. Been doing it for years mostly for fun and a hope I can win something big. Very difficult to do. Their payouts are very top heavy. Almost a winner take all but not quite. Wish the money was disbursed a little more evenly. It keeps me occupied and it's fun for me. So I relate to your post. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.