Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, Process said:

Let's see the receipts. 

And if either of you wants another $50 on pats +4.5 no juice, loser donates to charity, let me know!

There's your receipt. Gonna bet a few other underdogs this weekend, so I'll pass on your invite. But thanks!

Screenshot_20221129_191839_FOX Bet.jpg

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

New Englands LBs are thumpers. They are slow as hell an can’t move laterally at all. If Dorsey doesn’t devote a chunk of the game plan to exploiting this obvious mismatch we have here (Knox, McKenzie, Cook, Hines, even MIA Shakir) I’m going to go from “he’s learning on the job” to “he doesn’t know what he’s doing”.

Even if you keep a guy in to chip Judon, you’ve still gotta put those statues in conflict. NE has a great pass rush. The screen game should make an appearance for once this season. Draws up the middle that Dorsey loves won’t be there, these LBs can stop the run. We need to pin and pull to the outside with Cook. I think he’s the guy who could really tee off this game. I think Josh’s legs on a few designed runs and when NE plays man will be huge.

What I hope we don’t see is running Singletary into the gut of the defense for a quarter then giving up. A game-plan that has Josh holding the ball for 3 seconds hoping for someone to get open. Diggs not getting any targets until the second quarter. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They must have forgot to add Tom Brady - Shoulder this week.

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Just locked in the Pats at +4.5 points. Way too many points in what figures to be a close game. Taking the points has been the way to go. Outsiders just don't realize Josh is limited with his elbow. The Pats D is legit. Top 10 in every category. At home in a revenge game. Hopefully, Bills win by 3 or 4 points. 

I hope you put 10k on it but it was probably 10 bucks.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Just locked in the Pats at +4.5 points. Way too many points in what figures to be a close game. Taking the points has been the way to go. Outsiders just don't realize Josh is limited with his elbow. The Pats D is legit. Top 10 in every category. At home in a revenge game. Hopefully, Bills win by 3 or 4 points. 

Are you actually referring to Vegas odds-makers as “outsiders?” …making YOU the insider??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Chuck Schick said:

Are you actually referring to Vegas odds-makers as “outsiders?” …making YOU the insider??

The Vegas people are setting the Bills lines very high. Like last week. They had the Lions 10 point favorites. I jumped on 9 points early in the week. Knew that line was way out of whack. This line shouldn't be 4.5 imho. 

25 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They must have forgot to add Tom Brady - Shoulder this week.

I hope you put 10k on it but it was probably 10 bucks.

50 bucks only. I don't get big because it takes the enjoyment out of it for me. Have a couple parlays too. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, boyst said:

rosseau used in limited rotation this week is goign to help but i don't want to use him too much.

our pressure needs to come from inside - jones, oliver, etc.

this week i like moving lawson inside some. he's quick enough to beat their weaker guys inside to get to the qb. this disguised look brings pressure and lets it be known but not from where.

Did they say he’d be limited?

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Josh is going to have to improvise for much of the game…. Quessenberry and Brown as the Tackles is cringe worthy….. good thing is Allen’s used to it and incredible at finding space to make something happen as his offensive line collapses in front of him. 

Luckily Dorsey wised up and started using TE and RB help on obvious passing downs. I expect that to continue. I’d love to see him actually outsmart a defensive coordinator to mitigate a pass rush with a counter offensive (jet sweep, draw, successful screen, etc).

2 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

New Englands LBs are thumpers. They are slow as hell an can’t move laterally at all. If Dorsey doesn’t devote a chunk of the game plan to exploiting this obvious mismatch we have here (Knox, McKenzie, Cook, Hines, even MIA Shakir) I’m going to go from “he’s learning on the job” to “he doesn’t know what he’s doing”.

Even if you keep a guy in to chip Judon, you’ve still gotta put those statues in conflict. NE has a great pass rush. The screen game should make an appearance for once this season. Draws up the middle that Dorsey loves won’t be there, these LBs can stop the run. We need to pin and pull to the outside with Cook. I think he’s the guy who could really tee off this game. I think Josh’s legs on a few designed runs and when NE plays man will be huge.

What I hope we don’t see is running Singletary into the gut of the defense for a quarter then giving up. A game-plan that has Josh holding the ball for 3 seconds hoping for someone to get open. Diggs not getting any targets until the second quarter. 

Your TE be covered by Dugger who is pretty good. Your mismatch is our LB on RB they will not be on your TE or any WR.  (I hope)

I expect the Pats D be like they did with P Manning. Daring the Bills to run the ball while covering all the receivers. Figuring the Bills like the old Colts won’t have the patience and will throw into double coverage. Will it work? I doubt it we don’t have a HOF CB like Law or Gilmore back there anymore. 

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

The Vegas people are setting the Bills lines very high. Like last week. They had the Lions 10 point favorites. I jumped on 9 points early in the week. Knew that line was way out of whack. This line shouldn't be 4.5 imho. 

50 bucks only. I don't get big because it takes the enjoyment out of it for me. Have a couple parlays too. 

so you’re saying you missed the best of the number? Bang up job.  

56 minutes ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

so you’re saying you missed the best of the number? Bang up job.  

I won the bet with plus 9 points and Detrlot. Obviously, you don't bet games. 

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

We literally have people betting against the Bills on the Bills forums and people have the audacity to complain that we criticize those people for bashing the team too much too often. Incredible.

Betting has nothing to do with loyalty. The old saying is never bet with your heart. 

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I won the bet with plus 9 points and Detrlot. Obviously, you don't bet games. 

I actually bet a lot, had 62 tickets last week alone between the NFL and CFB, which is a light week for me, and at a lot more than $5, and I do well. Bragging about missing the best of the number is funny to me because closing line value, while not gospel, is an indicator of your ability to read the market. 

I make the ML in this game -176/+176 and the Bills -4.10, so I won't be on either side. As far as the total goes, I make it 46.8, but haven't bet it yet, because I think it might get to 43, which is a key number. 

9 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I've been betting on (and making good money on) moneyline underdogs all year. 

8 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

There's your receipt. Gonna bet a few other underdogs this weekend, so I'll pass on your invite. But thanks!

Screenshot_20221129_191839_FOX Bet.jpg

This is one of the best things I've seen all year.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

You bet… 5 dollars?

I bet about 40 bucks a week spread out over all games.

Maybe at some point, my bankroll will allow 15-20 a game. But not yet.

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

Against your team….. this provided so much insight 

Heh, well, they've consistently held me back.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

This is one of the best things I've seen all year.

I realize you think it's hilarious, but when you've been trying to work your way out of a financial hole caused by divorce and support, you don't really have a HUGE pile of money to be tossing around.

Since this is the first year I've ever really gambled on football, and given that I'm not very well off, I figured I'd start small. The results have been encouraging.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.