Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Andrews is nowhere near 100

He’s going to gut it out would not be shocked if he lasts a quarter.  He’s the most important player on that offense not named Stevenson.  

We don’t have a single DE playing in this game that can put pressure on the QB when rushing 4.  Ed Oliver is the only player on the front 4 that is a semi consistent pass rusher.  That said, I don’t think it matters who they have on their OL.  

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

We don’t have a single DE playing in this game that can put pressure on the QB when rushing 4.  Ed Oliver is the only player on the front 4 that is a semi consistent pass rusher.  That said, I don’t think it matters who they have on their OL.  

I don't think the Bills had much a pass rush even with Miller. 

To your point, the only time I noticed pressure was Oliver, or Miller on chase-downs. 

But the Bills haven't consistently collapsed the pocket this season past Week 1 against the Rams. 

At least I haven't felt that. 

• Agree 3

• HOUSE changed the title to What does Bill Belichick have planned for the Bills this week?
23 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

These back to back Thursday night games with the holiday and time off of work have me so messed up. Crazy to think the game is on in two days?! 

I really do miss the Bills playing Sunday at 1:00. It seems like we don't get to many of those anymore.

• Agree 4

It's going to be cold and windy Thursday night. Upper 20's and 10-20mph winds. It will probably be a heavy dose of the running game on offense for them and different blitz packages trying to expose our OL in pass pro on defense. 

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I really do miss the Bills playing Sunday at 1:00. It seems like we don't get to many of those anymore.

only one left I think, right?  (vs Jets on 12/11)

Dolphins game is absolutely getting flexed.

…. maybe the season closer vs New England ends up being Sunday at 1?   That’s also TBD.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

Mac Jones ranks as very good when not under pressure. His completion percentage, QB rating, long ball/depth of target all rank him in the top half of the leagues QBs. When he is under pressure (either via blitz or just 4 man rush) he crumbles hard and is at the very bottom of the league in all of the above. 

The recipe for "solving" Mac is simple...get pressure. That works against all QBs, but this case is drastic. 

So I would say Mac has improved, when kept clean and has time. Just gotta get pressure. 

rosseau used in limited rotation this week is goign to help but i don't want to use him too much.

our pressure needs to come from inside - jones, oliver, etc.

this week i like moving lawson inside some. he's quick enough to beat their weaker guys inside to get to the qb. this disguised look brings pressure and lets it be known but not from where.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.