Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF

YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, Greg S said:

On the flip side the Panthers did the same thing with Cam. He was another big QB but eventually all of those hits took their toll. I don't mind Allen running if he has to, but he shouldn't be the Bills leading rusher. Hoping Beane can build a better OL. I think Singletary is a good enough RB if he has a strong OL to run behind.

The “all those hits took a toll on Cam” narrative is a myth. Cam sustained an acute injury to the AC joint in his throwing shoulder while trying to make a tackle after throwing an interception and he was just never the same passer after that. Like Josh, Newton didn’t experience many bad hits when running the ball during his career. He could still run it even at the end of his career.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am puzzled how easily he has been getting beat to the outside. I would love to hear from the offensive line experts here. Is it technique? Or just can’t bend/ lacks quick feet? You would think his long arms and frame would help him, but I guess not. 

I am in no way an expert but theres been a couple plays where hes really slow moving his feet and had to lunge at the defender as they're running past him. One idk if he even moved his feet it looked like he just twisted his upper body and stuck his arms out, but with camera angle I couldn't really see his legs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Hope Josh and Cook work out the kinks in the execution this week. Some of those screens were wide open, but we can’t have an RB who literally fakes out his own QB lol 

actual practice reps will help them develop chemistry, something they havent had in a month

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

I can't believe people seem to think Mac Jones is improving. He had one good game against Minny and now everyone is in love with him again. He's no more than a serviceable backup.

Screenshot_20221128_165136_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c0f5655e440a9006338c44014bc7dba6.jpg

Mac Jones ranks as very good when not under pressure. His completion percentage, QB rating, long ball/depth of target all rank him in the top half of the leagues QBs. When he is under pressure (either via blitz or just 4 man rush) he crumbles hard and is at the very bottom of the league in all of the above. 

The recipe for "solving" Mac is simple...get pressure. That works against all QBs, but this case is drastic. 

So I would say Mac has improved, when kept clean and has time. Just gotta get pressure. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 in the box, shut down the run, and force mac and those pedestrian receivers to beat you. NE is going to try and SB25 use with ball control. Dare them to throw. 

their defense is pretty good. Hopefully, the offense is going to clean up some things. Bet the under. 

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

Mac Jones ranks as very good when not under pressure. His completion percentage, QB rating, long ball/depth of target all rank him in the top half of the leagues QBs. When he is under pressure (either via blitz or just 4 man rush) he crumbles hard and is at the very bottom of the league in all of the above. 

The recipe for "solving" Mac is simple...get pressure. That works against all QBs, but this case is drastic. 

So I would say Mac has improved, when kept clean and has time. Just gotta get pressure. 

He has 6 tds and 7 ints. He is the poster child for dink and dunk qbs. He’s a game manager at best.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

9 in the box, shut down the run, and force mac and those pedestrian receivers to beat you. NE is going to try and SB25 use with ball control. Dare them to throw. 

their defense is pretty good. Hopefully, the offense is going to clean up some things. Bet the under. 

He has 6 tds and 7 ints. He is the poster child for dink and dunk qbs. He’s a game manager at best.

You can SAY what you want, but the advanced metrics simply don't support that argument. Yes they throw a screen pass 15% of the time, but he's also top 10 in deep ball completion percentage. As the numbers say, when given time and kept clean hes gonna find open guys and LIKES to push it downfield. 

I don't think hes a world beater by any means, average at best, but the numbers this year suggest progress. 

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

And Josh has never had normal practice reps with Hines until this week.

Couldn't agree more. I wanna see a lot of Cook and Hines this week. 

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

The “all those hits took a toll on Cam” narrative is a myth. Cam sustained an acute injury to the AC joint in his throwing shoulder while trying to make a tackle after throwing an interception and he was just never the same passer after that. Like Josh, Newton didn’t experience many bad hits when running the ball during his career. He could still run it even at the end of his career.

Not quite accurate. He did get injured on that play in 2016,  but was off to his best start ever in 2018 through 8 games before suffering ANOTHER shoulder injury on a hit from TJ Watt while in the pocket and in the process of beginning his throw. That injury was worse than the earlier one and essentially ended his career as an NFL-caliber thrower. But your basic point stands.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm not sure what the Bills are trying to establish with the running back rotation in terms of carries or screens other than they have tried to find competition for Singletary and nobody seems up to the task. 

I think they're running out of time before the Playoffs with only 6-games left to think that Hines is suddenly going to start getting a meaningful snap count and screens. 

Cook as shown above is still a liability running routes, so he is back to breather back status. 

Beane had to have these guys, but Cook and Hines have no defined role. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Yet the Bills can’t generate the pressure needed to exploit it.  Kirk Cousins is in the same mold.  We let him sit back there for 3 seconds just about every drop back 

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

They just seem to develop so slowly like overly so

The Bills waste so much time with RPOs that nobody bites on. 

By the time we waste time pretending it's going to be a handoff, the Defensive Line is in Josh's lap. 

Nobody is buying it, yet that sequence feels like the staple concept of Dorsey. 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I know that the sheer amount of scheduling that must be done is complex, and I sure wasn't complaining when it was released... but does anyone else find it odd that we will play all of our division teams on the road first before any home games? 

Yeah I mentioned this after the Fish game. It is an oddity that allows the home team to build up some confidence if they steal a win which both the fish and the jets each did. 

Really want to dismantle them in December.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.