Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

He played very well last year when taking over for Tre...even through the first few games this year...which leads me to believe the issue isn't as much with him per se as it is with having to devote resources elsewhere which then prevents them from doing what they normally do...ie, they are playing more man coverages and/or requiring safety help elsewhere.

I think the Hyde injury has really hurt them in that regard.  Hamlin is pretty good in terms of run defense but a liability in coverage.

I think Hamlin is pretty good in coverage, actually.  Are you thinking perhaps of Jaquan Johnson, who is a decent run defender but gets toasted?

FWIW, Cover1 did a piece on Hamlin.  They talk first about his run defense and start talking about coverage about 6:40 in

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

He might be our most reliable corner, but that's a pretty low bar. He's been getting picked on in coverage quite a bit.

re Taron Johnson, I think missing Edmunds missing the last 2 1/2 games impacts that quite a lot.  Wish I could find it, but there was a piece with Frazier where he was talking about how the Bills use Milano, Edmunds, and Johnson both against the run and in pass coverage.  It was in the context of Milano going on IR in 2020 and needing to re-work defensive responsibilities to make Klein a positive contributor.

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Well Shakir wasn't seen at practice. 

Kumerow is out. 

Crowder is out. 

Gentry was already called up for the Browns game. 

So it's down to the bottom of the barrel after McKenzie. 

McKensie IS the bottom of the barrel!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Mark this post for yourself when Allen gets hurt and your season is derailed because you run your QB more than your RB.  Sorry that’s not playing scared it’s called playing smart! You don’t risk the long term health of your Franchise for 1 season.  

The game has changed sir. Here's some QBs that disagree with you. Proof that running QBs can play well, run and run and run, and don't increase their chances of getting injured. Like I said the game has changed and QBs aren't getting hit like before. I believe statistically a QB has a better chance of getting hurt dropping back to pass vs running. I trust Allen to make solid decisions running and his body sure seems able to hold up to the hits he takes while running. 

(1)Jackson

(2) Fields

(3) Murray

(4) Hurts

(5) Jones

(6) Mariota

(7) Watson

Edited by newcam2012

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I'm making a motion to permaban Mr. Pats Fan, here, for trying to jinx our QB and our season.

All in favor??

I think we should let him stick around so that when he says things like Belichick would rather have Mac Jones as his QB than Josh Allen - and yes this is really something he posted last year - we can all look back and laugh at the dumb Patriots fan.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Gentry would have to be signed to the 53 right? 

So then Brown is very likely to play Thursday 

Gentry would have to be signed to the 53, correct.

We could also see Stevenson activated if the Bills feel he's ready.

It's gonna be a challenge for the Bills who to drop from the roster, though, and remember all cut players now go through waivers, veteran or no.

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow...that is about as good of news as we could have hoped for on the guys who were out last week...all of them full participants...would imagine the ones out with illness will be good to go by Thursday with 3 days to recover and plenty of intervention.

32 minutes ago, Process said:

Mitch Greg and AJ all full....wow.. surprising....great news

And Edmunds

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Everyone but Von it looks like 

18 minutes ago, hemma said:

I’m ready to see Brown dust off his 4.34 and do some damage.  

If nothing else, loosen ‘em up a little at the LOS & give Belichek another frown line.

I don’t think we see him this week. AJ Klein, who came back from less time and the same defense, didn’t play that first week. Brown has been gone for 2 year and a OC ago. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.