Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF

YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, Negan said:

Should the Bills not dress a punter against the Pats, history shows we don't need one against them.

Nah, give poor Sam a rest.  We’ve used him enough lately.  

That was a good one Negan.  This guy is not a Bills fan.  He’s just in sighting a problem.  Let him have his fun and then we can remind him of the results Friday.

I honestly don’t care.  What matters is what happens Thursday night.

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You have a Pats team that played well but lost against the Vikings and the Bills played poorly but won against the Lions. I get the concern. But, as mentioned in the Kubiak thread, the Bills are exhausted by unexpected travel, snow storms and a lack of practice. I hope they start getting their groove back Thursday. 

Hey they’ve had a full 7 days by then so I think PTR, we’ll be ok.  I know a whole bunch have the flu, but unlike us schmoes, theylll have IV’s to rehydrate, etc and get over it fast enough.

Id hydrate these guys everyday until game time.  You know McD who sweats the small stuff has maintenance on double duty cleaning and keeping the bugs away.

The Bills -- despite a slew of illnesses and injures, two road games in five days, and the hardest strength of schedule in the NFL -- are 8-3 and one game out of the AFC one-seed, right? 

Just had to check, because to read this board the past few days, you'd think they were 3-8 rather than 8-3. Had to make sure I wasn't taking crazy pills.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I want the Bills to win. The best chance for that is to unleash Allen which includes his legs. That includes designed runs and RPOs. You don't limit a QBs talents and thus limiting the team's ability to win. I'm getting tired of the constant don't let Allen run BS. You have years of watching Allen run without injury. The guy is durable and can take a hit. I mean should we say don't let him pass because he might get hurt? You do know the odds of him getting hurt are dramatically more when he drops back. Did he hurt his elbow running? I'm not advocating reckless running. Look at the Detroit game. After the Diggs catch they ran two fantastic designed Allen runs to get Bass an easier FG. Please people stop with the don't let Allen run crap. Allen isn't Tua. Play to win don't play scared. 

On the flip side the Panthers did the same thing with Cam. He was another big QB but eventually all of those hits took their toll. I don't mind Allen running if he has to, but he shouldn't be the Bills leading rusher. Hoping Beane can build a better OL. I think Singletary is a good enough RB if he has a strong OL to run behind.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Disagree with the Cam analogy. Cam ran the ball well deep into his career. The game was much different back then too. The league allowed big hits to Cam. Cam's career was shortened because he wasn't an accurate passer not because he was shot because of his running. When he played in NE near the end of his career he was still running well. 

Agree on improving the Oline and letting the running backs run a bit more. However, I don't want to take away Allen's legs. I trust Allen when he takes off and runs. Sure I cringe but thus far hes proven to be durable. 

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

The Bills -- despite a slew of illnesses and injures, two road games in five days, and the hardest strength of schedule in the NFL -- are 8-3 and one game out of the AFC one-seed, right? 

Just had to check, because to read this board the past few days, you'd think they were 3-8 rather than 8-3. Had to make sure I wasn't taking crazy pills.

we’re actually 1-10, and McDermott has successfully been run out of town by an angry mob of Buffalonians.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Disagree with the Cam analogy. Cam ran the ball well deep into his career. The game was much different back then too. The league allowed big hits to Cam. Cam's career was shortened because he wasn't an accurate passer not because he was shot because of his running. When he played in NE near the end of his career he was still running well. 

Agree on improving the Oline and letting the running backs run a bit more. However, I don't want to take away Allen's legs. I trust Allen when he takes off and runs. Sure I cringe but thus far hes proven to be durable. 

His career was shortened because of hits he took in the pocket, specifically to his shoulder. He lost his ability to throw. He went from having a very strong arm to one of the weakest in the league after his rotator cuff injury. 

According to Jeremy White, there will be panic if the Bills can't score more than 23 points. 

I've felt all year that as long as the offense is intact, I feel good about the game. 

It looks like Morse is trending the right way, and we'll have to see if Dawkins can get there as well. 

Offensively, I expect Spencer Brown to be beaten several times, he's not that good. And Quesenberry is not Walter Jones. 

So if the Bills win 23-20, who cares. 

I still think the Bills need to get to about 20-carries a game combined for Singletary/Cook. 

Defensively, New England shouldn't be able to light the Bills up through the air with more White, Elam and Rhodes, especially if Tremaine Edmunds is back. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I noticed you only have 56 posts.  Come back when you get to 1000.  You have no idea what will happen in Foxboro.  Considering we didn’t punt in the last two Cheats games and are 4 and 1 against them over the last two years and it took 50 mph winds to them to barely beat us is always a good sign.  

If you think the pkayers and coaches don’t know what’s at stake Thursday, you’re out of your mind.  Enjoy you’re anti Bills sentiments and we’ll see you Friday.

Dont think all the real Bills fans won’t remember.  

"Come back when you get to 1000" lmao

That's pretty funny

• Haha (+1) 1

If ever there was a game to bust out some creativity offensively, this would certainly be it.

I expect the Patriots to do everything in their power to take Diggs away and force the Bills to beat them with other players. 

I also expect the Patriots to play a ton of man coverage, as they always do this season.

Their coverage tendencies and the likelihood that they can bottle up Diggs (relatively speaking) mean that our other skill players are really going to need to step up and get open. A creative, varied gameplan could sure help!

Hines, Cook, Singletary, McKenzie, Knox...let's scheme up some looks for these guys. Let's USE our speed at the running back and tight end positions. If there's a bag of tricks that Dorsey has been holding back, now is the time to start opening it up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

BB has never been able to contain Diggs since he joined the Bills, I don't really see that changing Thursday.  Judon is the guy I'm most worried about.  

Dane Jackson has to step up for this game, Mac Jones is accurate and the last few weeks have shown that being close to your man isn't enough, the tape is out there on Dane and he's going to continue to get picked on until he makes a big play in a big moment.  

Same goes for Taron Johnson.  Really weak showing the last few weeks (honestly the season outside of one big play in KC), if there's ever been a time to step it up this week is it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.