Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

It was more sad that for years when they needed critical yards they didn’t have a QB that could get them. 

I'm most happy with Josh. It's unfortunate we have to ride him as much as we do. But it is what it is. I hope he stays healthy!

Edited by Pokebball
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

You do know NE made both of those O look bad right? Both those QBs suck you know that right? 

that said I want see Mac continue play smart and deliver quick fast strikes. I don’t expect them to win I just want see the O play well again and maybe just maybe a punt or two forced by the D. 

This is 💯 why I hope the Bills continue their upward trend of more man coverage for the following reasons:

-depleted edge rush

….with Miller out and Groot up the the air, I would love to see forcing the Pats to try and push the ball down the field. 

-return of White/Elam

…ramping up White’s snaps and Elam returning full strength, these are two inmediate upgrades in man coverage

-average skills players

…the Pats are average, at best, when it comes to their talent at WR, TE, RB. That’s not to say they can’t be successful, but I like our chances taking away the quick hitters, delaying the throw, forcing the ball to be held, creating multiple read scenarios, allowing for the interior rush to develop, etc. McD and Fraiser are very familiar with Parker, and Agolor and Myers are decent role players but neither can/will take over a game. Hunter Henry is a great piece, and likely a top 10 TE receiving option. The Bills have had their fair share of handling guys of this caliber (Kelce, Higbee, Andrews, etc) so far this year and have faired quite well in doing so.

I don’t think the defensive scheme that we’ve seen for years is going to up and vanish this week, but we have undoubtedly seen a shift in their balance and willingness to bring pressures from LBs and Safetys, as well we playing more press and man coverage. 

It will be interesting to see what looks the Pats try utilize. If I were them, I’d try and force the Bills out of nickel and then use motions or formations to find advantageous match ups against our 3rd backer (if edmunds is out). 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

Saw a blurb on Twitter that Rapoport said Jerry Hughes and Levi Wallace both asked for their release, but couldn’t find him saying that anywhere. Hughes would be a great get as a bandaid until Von is back. Really wouldn’t mind Wallace either. 

Thats got to be a joke tweet. 

Hughes reportedly told Houston he didn’t want to be traded at the deadline. 

Levi asking for a release .. Steelers would just laugh at him and say no.   Who is he to be asking for that?

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Thats got to be a joke tweet. 

Hughes reportedly told Houston he didn’t want to be traded at the deadline. 

Levi asking for a release .. Steelers would just laugh at him and say no.   Who is he to be asking for that?

Yeah I have no idea. Rap doesn’t have anything on his Twitter about it so it’s probably just twitter BS. I could see Hughes not wanting to be traded and instead wanting his pick of destination but yeah I don’t see either happening. 

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This is 💯 why I hope the Bills continue their upward trend of more man coverage for the following reasons:

-depleted edge rush

….with Miller out and Groot up the the air, I would love to see forcing the Pats to try and push the ball down the field. 

-return of White/Elam

…ramping up White’s snaps and Elam returning full strength, these are two inmediate upgrades in man coverage

-average skills players

…the Pats are average, at best, when it comes to their talent at WR, TE, RB. That’s not to say they can’t be successful, but I like our chances taking away the quick hitters, delaying the throw, forcing the ball to be held, creating multiple read scenarios, allowing for the interior rush to develop, etc. McD and Fraiser are very familiar with Parker, and Agolor and Myers are decent role players but neither can/will take over a game. Hunter Henry is a great piece, and likely a top 10 TE receiving option. The Bills have had their fair share of handling guys of this caliber (Kelce, Higbee, Andrews, etc) so far this year and have faired quite well in doing so.

I don’t think the defensive scheme that we’ve seen for years is going to up and vanish this week, but we have undoubtedly seen a shift in their balance and willingness to bring pressures from LBs and Safetys, as well we playing more press and man coverage. 

It will be interesting to see what looks the Pats try utilize. If I were them, I’d try and force the Bills out of nickel and then use motions or formations to find advantageous match ups against our 3rd backer (if edmunds is out). 

RB right now is average, but that’s because we no longer have the 1-2 punch of Harris and Stevenson.. together they are hard to stop and I dare say Stevenson is above average as a RB and a receiver.

You are right no true #1 receiver but you also said you only have 2 good CB who is covering all of them. 

Parker —is dangerous and if you don’t have a decent cover man he can make plays 

Meyers —  I think is above average, but doesn’t get the respect he deserves.. He catches almost everything thrown to him.

Agahlor — is very Average and his hands are 50/50 but he is capable having a big game and getting open

Bourne — a damn good receiver who for whatever reason Patricia doesn’t use enough.. I dare say the Pats best when he and Jones are clicking.

Henry — Agree a top TE and be hard for the Bills cover now with both your top safeties down. 

Thorton — a Rookie who has flashed a game or two.. has killer speed, fastest receiver in his class. 

J. Smith — our other big signing at TE. He can be dangerous… but he scares me whenever he gets the ball..

my point is while they are average to slightly above average who covers all of them after your top 2 and who can stay with Henry? I honestly am asking. 

Like I said I am not expecting a win, the Bills  are the better team. I am hoping for a good game with the O moving forward more. (And please please 1 or 2 Bills punts PLEASE! Lol)

8 hours ago, Rockinon said:

Pats can get after the QB and with the Bills OL issues, this could be a problem. However, JA is very good at avoiding the sack and scrambling. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Will JA's elbow be less of an issue or will this be another game where he is tossing a lot of checkdown passes? I see Belichick trying to take away those quick dump offs. Could be the game that Allen goes back to airing it out after a full week of rest.

Also, with the OL issues, the running game is once again relying on JA to make up the difference. The running game was just starting to look good until injuries threw a monkey wrench into things.

Another concern is our ailing DEs. We need to keep the pressure on Jones. This is looking like another gut wrenching game. Don't really foresee a blowout....unless another week for Josh has arm feeling loose.

That’s my main concern there pass rush , and everyone knows BB is pissed about that butt kicking we gave them last year, he will have them ready to play and the crowd will be pumped. Buffalo has to match that intensity. 

46 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Meyers —  I think is above average, but doesn’t get the respect he deserves.. He catches almost everything thrown to him.

Agahlor — is very Average and his hands are 50/50 but he is capable having a big game and getting open

Bourne — a damn good receiver who for whatever reason Patricia doesn’t use enough.. I dare say the Pats best when he and Jones are clicking.

Henry — Agree a top TE and be hard for the Bills cover now with both your top safeties down. 

Thorton — a Rookie who has flashed a game or two.. has killer speed, fastest receiver in his class. 

J. Smith — our other big signing at TE. He can be dangerous… but he scares me whenever he gets the ball..

my point is while they are average to slightly above average who covers all of them after your top 2 and who can stay with Henry? I honestly am asking. 

TBH, I don't know how the Bills can cover all SEVEN (7) of those routes on any given play. You win. More Belichick 4D chess. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Just a little info on this, Poyer has a golf ball on the back of his elbow but he did play this past game so I expect he will be playing this week as well.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Pokebball said:

I'm most happy with Josh. It's unfortunate we have to ride him as much as we do. But it is what it is. I hope he stays healthy!

He’s playing though same injury that put Rothelisberger out months 

4 hours ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

Saw a blurb on Twitter that Rapoport said Jerry Hughes and Levi Wallace both asked for their release, but couldn’t find him saying that anywhere. Hughes would be a great get as a bandaid until Von is back. Really wouldn’t mind Wallace either. 

No

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

RB right now is average, but that’s because we no longer have the 1-2 punch of Harris and Stevenson.. together they are hard to stop and I dare say Stevenson is above average as a RB and a receiver.

You are right no true #1 receiver but you also said you only have 2 good CB who is covering all of them. 

Like I said I am not expecting a win, the Bills  are the better team. I am hoping for a good game with the O moving forward more. (And please please 1 or 2 Bills punts PLEASE! Lol)

You know what’s kinda odd.  For how good Tre White is.. Parker always gave him trouble.  

4 hours ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

Would jump all over Hughes if I got that opportunity

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/25/2022 at 4:39 PM, Steptide said:

Surprised nobody asked McDermott about the play calling. Someone did, but asked it in kind of weird way, so didn't really get a good answer 

Muki did -and just like Warrow, he’s incapable of formulating a coherent question.. Sean will always go with canned, open ended answers, but he needs clarity with these clowns so he can best BS them in his response.

@PatsFanNH

When I eluded to the return of white and Elam, I meant strictly in regards to boundary corners. Taron Johnson will be in a majority of the snaps at nickel. In the past while playing man, they’ve used Milano, Edmunds, even big nickel Siran Neal, to cover tight ends. 

So how do they cover everyone? It depends on how formation. personnel and down and distance. Either way, it’s likely to be a combination of the above mentioned players, in addition to Poyer/Hamlin from the safety position  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.