Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Very concerned about this game but I think we'll find out a definitive answer who this team is and whether or not they are going to be in the mix for the division title or fighting for a wild card spot in the final few weeks of the season.

New England got whooped a few times by dual threat qbs so here’s to hoping that continues.  Chicago and Baltimore really roughed them up 

Hopefully McDermott, Frazier and McDermott create an effective game plan vs NE. Bills need to improve in the RZ, don’t gift NE any turnovers and tackle well. This is a huge game for the Bills if we want to win the division. Worried Dawkins is going to be out. NE has Mac throwing quickly which will mitigate any pass rush. The D has to bow up this week. If they can get out of NE with a win the 10 days before their next game will be very beneficial for their overall health. Would be nice for the Bills to leave no doubt early against NE and bury them.

9 hours ago, Process said:

So what's the practice schedule like for this game? Don't think I can remember a team ever playing back to back Thursdays before. Do they practice over the weekend?

Good question. On one hand you have a guy like McD and really you hear it around the league so its not just him with liking to stick with routines.  On the other hand these guys need practice and they just had victory friday which is usually victory monday so I would like to think so.  At least Sunday I would hope.

13 hours ago, Simon said:

If you exclude the single outlier, the Bills have spent the last 3 weeks holding Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb and the NFL's leading TD scorer to about 2.6 yrds/carry.

I'm not sweating a guy that has a single hundred yard game this season and hasn't run for more than 60 yrds since October.

Stevenson has started to become a real threat catching the ball short and breaking one tackle make it a huge play.  I wouldn’t dismiss him so easily.. he is also different than the guys you mention as he is much more a power back than they are..

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Stevenson has started to become a real threat catching the ball short and breaking one tackle make it a huge play.  I wouldn’t dismiss him so easily.. he is also different than the guys you mention as he is much more a power back than they are..

Don’t worry the bills are not taking him lately. They know that he really is there only weapon.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Don’t worry the bills are not taking him lately. They know that he really is there only weapon.

Parker had a good game against Vikings.  And Meyers always seems to get open against the Bills.  

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Hopefully McDermott, Frazier and McDermott create an effective game plan vs NE. Bills need to improve in the RZ, don’t gift NE any turnovers and tackle well. This is a huge game for the Bills if we want to win the division. Worried Dawkins is going to be out. NE has Mac throwing quickly which will mitigate any pass rush. The D has to bow up this week. If they can get out of NE with a win the 10 days before their next game will be very beneficial for their overall health. Would be nice for the Bills to leave no doubt early against NE and bury them.

Belichick can't stop Josh Allen.  Belichick's best hope for stopping Josh Allen is Josh Allen's own bum elbow.

The real wildcard is losing Dabol, a guy that knew the Pat's schemes, concepts, culture and tendencies like the back of his hand.

• Like (+1) 1

Not too worried about NE's running game next week, however, our defense has made Goff, Brisset, and Zack freakin' Wilson look the next coming Tom Brady.

I know we were missing a couple of guys but our offensive line was terrible against the Lions. Spencer Brown had a career worst game and I've already seen a bunch of career worst games from him prior to Thursday. If they don't get better, Allen is going to get killed back there or make some horrible mistakes. 

With all of our injuries,  this going to be a very difficult game.

2 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Belichick can't stop Josh Allen.  Belichick's best hope for stopping Josh Allen is Josh Allen's own bum elbow.

The real wildcard is losing Dabol, a guy that knew the Pat's schemes, concepts, culture and tendencies like the back of his hand.

Your point about Daboll is spot on.  Recently, he had tremendous success against NE.  He seemed to mix things up perfectly and had NE on their heels.

I'd like to see Dorsey/Josh get us up-tempo/ no huddle to start games...get the offense going fast.  Josh has been clutch running 2-min offense style, get early leads then work the run game in more often.  Need more 3 step drops to start games, get simple 4-5 yards on 1st down and ahead of the sticks.

I don't have the stats in front of me, but seems like our 1st down offense is struggling much more this yr.  Too many 2nd and long situations, need to get the early down success and get into some situations where we can take "shot plays" on 2nd down, or make our 3rd downs more manageable.

• Agree 2

Pats can get after the QB and with the Bills OL issues, this could be a problem. However, JA is very good at avoiding the sack and scrambling. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Will JA's elbow be less of an issue or will this be another game where he is tossing a lot of checkdown passes? I see Belichick trying to take away those quick dump offs. Could be the game that Allen goes back to airing it out after a full week of rest.

Also, with the OL issues, the running game is once again relying on JA to make up the difference. The running game was just starting to look good until injuries threw a monkey wrench into things.

Another concern is our ailing DEs. We need to keep the pressure on Jones. This is looking like another gut wrenching game. Don't really foresee a blowout....unless another week for Josh has arm feeling loose.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Guess that's what happens when you get spun around like a top on every play.

No they aren't. They are quality depth players that have been forced into playing far more than they should be 

You can’t reason with some people. Yes they’ve gotten burned a lot but where has the pass rush been? How can you expect rooks to cover for so long and the opposing QB tossing dimes?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.