Week 13: Bills at Pats on TNF

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Oliver plainly played a great game--give him a leg.  But the PAT miss by Bass was clearly a blessing.  The way the D was playing, if the Lions were down by 4 there was a good chance they score a TD and win.  For example on the 4th and 1/2 yard that led to the FG attempt, Lions would have gone for it and likely made it.  They basically played for a tying FG.  The way it unfolded-- add to that some Lions incompetence-- we get the W and out of Dodge.

Nah.  Win the remaining three home games and one of the three road games and Bills win Division.  Book it now.  Likely 2 seed.  Win another road game, and maybe 1 seed.

12-5 may win the division if Miami loses in Buffalo and at least one more division game.

But still think the #1 seed is a pipe dream unless both Mahomes and Kelce suffer season ending injuries. Cincy is really the only game left I think they may lose but it's a road game where KC and Mahomes always seem to play better.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

12-5 may win the division if Miami loses in Buffalo and at least one more division game.

But still think the #1 seed is a pipe dream unless both Mahomes and Kelce suffer season ending injuries. Cincy is really the only game left I think they may lose but it's a road game where KC and Mahomes always seem to play better.

Yep, less to even do with us. KC has such a soft schedule. I see maybe 1 loss there. 

It's why the new format where only 1 team gets a bye is frustrating. The schedules were not even. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

8 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Bills better be ready for a heavy load of Rhamondre Stevenson. They better IMPROVE their tackling this week as well. 

If you exclude the single outlier, the Bills have spent the last 3 weeks holding Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb and the NFL's leading TD scorer to about 2.6 yrds/carry.

I'm not sweating a guy that has a single hundred yard game this season and hasn't run for more than 60 yrds since October.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

This is a huge game for New England,  3rd place is on the line

I know this is a joke but it actually is a big game for NE.  All of NE's games are big right now because they currently sit in 8th on the bubble with the Jets in the 7th seed. Our division has the potential to put 3 teams in the playoffs as weird as that sounds. Also likely the Jets falter and NE  can take that 7th spot.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Very concerned about this game but I think we'll find out a definitive answer who this team is and whether or not they are going to be in the mix for the division title or fighting for a wild card spot in the final few weeks of the season.

Well yeah considering our next 4 out of 6 games are against divsion opponents thats a pretty obvious statement.

Edited by Scott7975

2 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Another week, and what I anticipate to be another dogfight we'll be in.  Not that New England needs any extra motivation to play us, seeing how we whipped the dog s**t out of them the last two times we played, but I'm sure they're ticked about losing to Minnesota yesterday.  

Here's to hoping a semi normal week of practice, a few days rest, and possibly getting a few players back helps us bring our A game Thursday.  Division rival, primetime game...

A few notes: 

Hopefully they up Tre's pitch count, and it's him and Elam as our 1 and 2.  Jackson has been getting abused lately, and so has Benford.  Perhaps coming off the bench will give them a little motivation.

I'm hoping I don't get roasted for saying this, but I'm sorry, I don't think Bass deserved a turkey leg yesterday.  He didn't just miss an extra point, he missed it at the absolute worst time IMO.  And his game winner?  He barely snuck that ball past the left upright.  It was a 46 yarder, that's what he's supposed to do.  I'm not trying to nitpick I promise, but in my opinion Ed Oliver should've easily gotten a turkey leg over Bass yesterday.  The guy was a flat out monster, and came through for us on a day where our D line was missing both starting DEs.

Finally, New England's Matt Judon quietly leads the league in sacks, with 13.  Let's hope our O-line can protect Josh so he can sling the rock....

Sure would be nice to be 9-3 come Thursday night!  Let's go Buffalo!

Judon will certainly be on a mission next week.  Aside from the whole Pats team in general, I’m remembering at least a few times last year that Josh either made Judon look silly and/or really got to him during our matchups.  Crossing the fingers that Josh can keep it rolling, although this will not be an easy task.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Bills better be ready for a heavy load of Rhamondre Stevenson. They better IMPROVE their tackling this week as well. 

If Edmunds can't go I feel better about having Klein in there over Dodson

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7

34 minutes ago, Simon said:

If you exclude the single outlier, the Bills have spent the last 3 weeks holding Dalvin Cook, Nick Chubb and the NFL's leading TD scorer to about 2.6 yrds/carry.

I'm not sweating a guy that has a single hundred yard game this season and hasn't run for more than 60 yrds since October.

Thank you.

I encourage everyone on this board to find some perspective: In regards to rushing defense, we still rank:

5th in points allowed per game (18.1 p/g)

8th in rushing yards per game (106 y/g)

We are winning the battle up front with stout DL play despite being devistated with injuries all around the defense. 

As backwards as it may sound, the Pats are more likely to find success through the air vs the Bills than with the run.

I hope they ramp up the man coverage this week. I know a few of the Pats WRs were dinged (Myers, returned to the game, Agohlor at the end) but with the hopeful return of Edmunds/Milano on Hunter Henry and White/Elam working back towards full strength, it makes sense to me to devote more rushers to try and get Mac rattled. We are missing our #1 pass rushing threat and I don’t think lining up 4 and playing zone repeatedly will get it done against their passing attack. 

My 2 cents 

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Yes, 100%. They’re making great reads/stops and allowing too many yards after contact. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Judon will certainly be on a mission next week.  Aside from the whole Pats team in general, I’m remembering at least a few times last year that Josh either made Judon look silly and/or really got to him during our matchups.  Crossing the fingers that Josh can keep it rolling, although this will not be an easy task.

He sure did.  I have no doubt the Pats are gonna be fired up... I'll be honest,  I didn't expect them to be 6-5 at this point in the season.  As much as I hate them, Belichick has them overachieving, and Thursday's game is gonna be a dogfight, at least in my opinion.  We just have too many injuries right now to blow teams out.  Maybe I'm being overdramatic, but I also feel like Belichick has been waiting to face us ever since we humiliated his Pats last year....TWICE.  I mean we didn't just beat them, we straight up eviscerated them, in front of the entire country.  Both the team AND Josh Allen set all kinds of records in those games, and Belichick's ego took a major humbling.  

Remember back in 2003, Buffalo played the Patriots, and spanked them 31-0?  It was the year the Pats cut Lawyer Milloy, and he signed with the Bills....even recorded a sack...well go figure, in the second meeting that year, the Pats beat us....and what was the score?  31-0.  You think that was coincidence?   I don't.  

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Judon is a beast. This will be even rougher if Dawkins cant go.  Expect TE and FB help if he cant. Diggs/Davis/McK better win their matchup.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

He sure did.  I have no doubt the Pats are gonna be fired up... I'll be honest,  I didn't expect them to be 6-5 at this point in the season.  As much as I hate them, Belichick has them overachieving, and Thursday's game is gonna be a dogfight, at least in my opinion.  We just have too many injuries right now to blow teams out.  Maybe I'm being overdramatic, but I also feel like Belichick has been waiting to face us ever since we humiliated his Pats last year....TWICE.  I mean we didn't just beat them, we straight up eviscerated them, in front of the entire country.  Both the team AND Josh Allen set all kinds of records in those games, and Belichick's ego took a major humbling.  

Remember back in 2003, Buffalo played the Patriots, and spanked them 31-0?  It was the year the Pats cut Lawyer Milloy, and he signed with the Bills....even recorded a sack...well go figure, in the second meeting that year, the Pats beat us....and what was the score?  31-0.  You think that was coincidence?   I don't.  

But will the Pats finally make the Bills punt

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.