Kudos to Leslie Frazier and his staff

gjv

1 minute ago, Herb Nightly said:

I assume you are trying to say that 5 of 11 projected defensive STARTERS are "unavailable ". NOT the entire "roster".

Hyde,Poyer and White obviously have missed significant time. Who else are you including? Miller hasnt missed time until yesterday's game. Are you counting ONE game missed,or the entire season to date,or what?

NFL football is the ultimate team game for a reason. Every cog in the wheel matter a lot. When even one guy goes down it affects the entire 11-man squad. Somebody has to change what their 1/11th is to cover up for a backup’s deficiency. That changes everything. When you have multiple guys out it forces others to play differently to cover deficiencies and bingo, the whole unit looks like trash. Next man up is nice, but unless you have 22 starters on that side of the ball, it ain’t going to fly.

as was pointed out by someone else, missing Edmunds has also really pressured the backend.

I would remind you that only Taron Johnson has not missed time in the secondary.

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Couldn't agree more OP.  We all saw how the defense played at the start of the season when healthy.  The parade of defensive injuries kicked off in Week 1 with Oliver getting hurt and it hasn't stopped yet.  The defense has been forced to play practice squad elevations some weeks with key players in and out of the lineup constantly.

The fact that we are sitting here at 8-3 is incredible.  I hope we can finally get the defense healthy for the playoff stretch and bring back the roster that throttled the Rams, Titans and Chiefs. 

I hope the people advocating for Frazier to be fired are trolls.  If not I think they need to lay off the egg nog.

Yes, at this point of the season, who on the “starting” (I.e. White is a starter) defense has not missed a game?  DaQuan Jones, Taron Johnson, Von Miller (before this injury).

agree, the D has been good and at times very-really good (with no Trey at CB and rookies playing CB full-time and and with injuries they are obviously not as good, but the D has kept them in games until the very end giving the O changes to win it (Miami, Minn es come to mind)...

nice to see...esp since Edmunds and Frazier get next to no respect or praise from a lot of Bills fans...

Nothing I Hate more then celebrations on 1st or 2nd down, followed by that 3rd or 4th down conversion.

The  ills have faced a bunch of b/c grade qbs who have made plays vs this defence these past 5 weeks.

15 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

They cost us the Super Bowl title last year. I still remember the 13 ***** seconds. Josh freaking Allen's MVP performance against KC was wasted and never to be remembered again.

100% correct.  A comedy of errors allowed KC to tie and easily walk down the field in ot.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Agree 1

My problem with Frazier is his stubborn refusal to blitz more, even when the situation calls for it.  I get why we don't blitz Mahomes, but Goff is not Mahomes.  He is TERRIBLE under pressure.  There we are with our top two DEs out and he is refusing to blitz.  I am begging my TV to blitz all game.  Finally in the fourth quarter he pressured Goff two straight plays and it led to a three and out.  And on those two plays Goff's throws were way off target.

There is Josh under pressure constantly (mainly because of our oline) and fighting thru like a gamer.  Goff can't do that consistently.

33 minutes ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

My problem with Frazier is his stubborn refusal to blitz more, even when the situation calls for it.  I get why we don't blitz Mahomes, but Goff is not Mahomes.  He is TERRIBLE under pressure.  There we are with our top two DEs out and he is refusing to blitz.  I am begging my TV to blitz all game.  Finally in the fourth quarter he pressured Goff two straight plays and it led to a three and out.  And on those two plays Goff's throws were way off target.

There is Josh under pressure constantly (mainly because of our oline) and fighting thru like a gamer.  Goff can't do that consistently.

They blitzed a lot against detroit. They got burned on a lot of them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, phypon said:

Leslie is great!  Hope he gets his HC spot next year! 

Yea good riddance....the Houston overtime game in 2019..the hail murray..13s..staying in nickle against the jets to allow them to run clock and win...3rd and 4th and longs against vikings......too many big time mistakes at the worst times.....he owns all those losses imo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

Beginning of season: “Bills roster is so good that our backups could start on many teams”

Now:  “Don’t blame Frazier because the Bills give up 3rd and 20 and 4th and 18 like their candy on Halloween - the backups are playing!”

8 and 3

there are players that would be starting

10 hours ago, Sargent Hulka said:

13 seconds!

Oh please! Detroit's two starting OG's did not play yesterday. Every team has injuries.

I think the big problem we have had is Bernard/Dodson are just not nfl caliber players yet and one of Milano/edmunds has been injured pretty much every week of the season.  That’s just way too big of a weak link to overcome on the defensive side when there’s 3 or 4 other high impact defensive starters injured also.  Idk much about the lions injury situation but I doubt they’ve been missing their two starting guards all year 

crazy that Klein stepped in virtually off the street and took all the snaps from Bernard and Dodson.  

7 hours ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

A few points...

1. We blitzed a ton on Thursday. Probably the most blitzes we have called all season. Interesting you only spotted the ones that worked late 4th Quarter rather than the ones that led to completions earlier on.

2. Coming into the game Goff was 70% completion against the blitz the last 3 weeks. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

Sorry can't agree too many 3rd and forevers converted. The the d line rotation is baffling. Your reward for a good play is to come out and sit. One play we destroy the OL the next no penetration. Some players need to get on a roll to dominate and coming in and out isn't how to make that happen. That said go bills

Lions completed 40% of their 3rd downs

Bills completed 58%

Lions are an extremely underrated team and were red hot coming into this gm. 

We went to their building and got a W with 45% of our defensive potential 

Edmunds and White will do wonders for this D going forward in the pass D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.