OT: Patriots no longer get the calls

Success

2 hours ago, Jammer8732 said:

Pretty good memory except the tuck rule part…

It was ruled an incomplete pass.

1:01 left in the 2nd quarter.

That’s what the Tuck rule was. If it was called on the field it be an incomplete pass. I do believe if you look up Games Tuck Rules called in.. that’s the first one comes up. (Besides the Tuck Rule playoff game). 

It doesn’t matter, the rule has been abolished and when it was around it was called right both times.. like the catch rule it was dumb!

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

That’s what the Tuck rule was. If it was called on the field it be an incomplete pass. I do believe if you look up Games Tuck Rules called in.. that’s the first one comes up. (Besides the Tuck Rule playoff game). 

It doesn’t matter, the rule has been abolished and when it was around it was called right both times.. like the catch rule it was dumb!

An incomplete pass is much different than pulling the ball back down as in a pump fake and losing control. I’ve seen hundreds of calls called incomplete with the ball coming out of the qbs hand in a throwing motion and the question has always been, was the arm coming forward when it came out. If it was, it’s an incomplete pass. If not it’s a fumble. Brady lost (fumbled) the ball when the ball was at his hip.

I’ve seen the tuck rule once and that cost the Raiders a SB appearance.

Edited by Jammer8732

7 hours ago, Jammer8732 said:

An incomplete pass is much different than pulling the ball back down as in a pump fake and losing control. I’ve seen hundreds of calls called incomplete with the ball coming out of the qbs hand in a throwing motion and the question has always been, was the arm coming forward when it came out. If it was, it’s an incomplete pass. If not it’s a fumble. Brady lost (fumbled) the ball when the ball was at his hip.

I’ve seen the tuck rule once and that cost the Raiders a SB appearance.If you remember the Tuck Rule game they called it an incomplete pass. After he gave the long explanation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.