OT: Patriots no longer get the calls

Success

6 hours ago, Success said:

I feel like I'm in bizzarro universe reading their boards.  Many are convinced that the league has it rigged against them.

Like, were their fans around for the past 20 years?  Starting w/ the tuck rule, and all of the Bills games in that time?  I remember defenders getting 15 yards for just getting close to Brady. I remember one Pats game where the Bills had 3 PI's at or near the endzone called against them, all ticky tack or phantom.  It was impossible playing that team on a level field.

Well, it has all come home to roost.  They actually see the Bills as the "darlings" who get all of the calls now.  Here's hoping we win next week on a bogus call or 2.

First the Bills won’t need a bogus call or two to win. I may be happy with our D if I see 1 punt! 

Also I was more shocked by the NFL reffing crew known for giving out the most flags just missed sooooo much!   From a blatant Facemask on Jones to a false start by the Pats that had me swearing at the TV at Trent Brown.. it’s just was sooo odd!!

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Psst... they never got the calls before. They were just the better team. Get over it.

Where were you when you first heard of the tuck rule? How far into the season was that? Who was playing? Who did it favor? Who would have lost in any other game in NFL history up to that game? 

I really feel for that Raiders organization. They got “buffaloed”.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

First the Bills won’t need a bogus call or two to win. I may be happy with our D if I see 1 punt! 

Also I was more shocked by the NFL reffing crew known for giving out the most flags just missed sooooo much!   From a blatant Facemask on Jones to a false start by the Pats that had me swearing at the TV at Trent Brown.. it’s just was sooo odd!!

If I was a Patriots fan, I would have been upset about the officiating last night. They missed on both sides, but it seemed like more of the game-changing misses were in the Vikes favor.

I appreciate you trying to downplay New England's chances on Thursday, but it should be a hard-fought game.  Belichick, at home - never easy.

10 minutes ago, Jammer8732 said:

Where were you when you first heard of the tuck rule? How far into the season was that? Who was playing? Who did it favor? Who would have lost in any other game in NFL history up to that game? 

I really feel for that Raiders organization. They got “buffaloed”.

Lmao the Tuck rule was called correct! People keep pointing to that as a lucky call, the Pats fans knew it was right because it went against us earlier in the year. 

Also why would the Pats in 2001 get the favorable call? Brady was a first year starter, and BB was just another coach.

9 hours ago, without a drought said:

Jones should change his number to 12.

The refs aren't getting any younger. They may forget it's not Brady.

Lmao although Thursday the way he played it was almost Bray like. That was the best WB played game for us well since Brady.. 

My hope is he plays well against Buffalo and keeps moving forward in his progress.. This Pats team isn’t a SB team so seeing Jones get better or prove he isn’t the answer is the most important thing find out. 

No team in the history of the league has benefited from game altering calls in their benefit that the Pats*. I’m not talking just a holding call here or there, every team gets those for and against. I’m talking game changing plays at critical junctures - like 3rd down phantom defensive holds, end of game roughing calls against Tom, From Tuck rule to Brady Rule to Just Give It To ‘Em, to any play Gronk was involved with to phantom PI’s in the end zone on critical drives. I hope NE gets screwed every game with a horrible call against them for the next 18 years. They and the few fans that are left watching them deserve it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lmao the Tuck rule was called correct! People keep pointing to that as a lucky call, the Pats fans knew it was right because it went against us earlier in the year. 

Also why would the Pats in 2001 get the favorable call? Brady was a first year starter, and BB was just another coach.

Who were the pats playing when it went against them?

That hunter Henry catch was interesting…I think they probably ruled the ball hit the ground with his hand underneath which is fine, but then when he rolled over the ball bobbled a bit which puts him in ‘the ground helped secure the catch’ territory

i think this is a classic candidate for ‘fans don’t know all the nuances of the ruling and it was a stupid rule called correctly’

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That hunter Henry catch was interesting…I think they probably ruled the ball hit the ground with his hand underneath which is fine, but then when he rolled over the ball bobbled a bit which puts him in ‘the ground helped secure the catch’ territory

i think this is a classic candidate for ‘fans don’t know all the nuances of the ruling and it was a stupid rule called correctly’

This rule need be changed to make common sense reign.. if it looks like a catch it’s a dang catch! Lol

12 minutes ago, Jammer8732 said:

Who were the pats playing when it went against them?

They were playing the Jets

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

This rule need be changed to make common sense reign.. if it looks like a catch it’s a dang catch! Lol

They were playing the Jets

Yea I’m genuinely not sure that’s just an educated guess haha. I’m with you though.  
I can’t believe I have to review the definition of a catch again lol

Vikings are the luckiest team in the world I just don’t understand it 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

On 11/25/2022 at 11:55 AM, dma0034 said:

I mean my favorite penalty was Jerry Hughes celebrating with a teammate by slapping him on the back and the refs called Roughing lol

If that & “the tuck rule play”  didn’t make it clear to anyone how crooked the NFL is then they are blind.  

1 hour ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

If that & “the tuck rule play”  didn’t make it clear to anyone how crooked the NFL is then they are blind.  

Sigh again the Tuck Rule was called correctly! It was a bad rule that’s been removed, that doesn’t make the call wrong just the rule! 

Their fans were like that during the Brady years too. They just never wanted to believe it. It would ruin their illusion. 

I'll speak for myself here that while I'll take a bad call that goes our way, I'll still always make a mental note that it was a bad call. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.